Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I agree also......and, we don't have any assurance from BRP that it is indeed fixed. Seems that many of the "repaired" Spyders are having multiple DPS failures......leads me to believe that they don't have an answer......

Can't speak for anyone else, but I have ZERO confidence in BRP's abilities to address, research, diagnose or repair this issue.

To this point, the only thing that they have excelled at, is creating excuses.......

I think it's time for some action.....
    I agree! They had all winter to take care of this. Now it is affecting the riding season

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The RT has a 'softer' suspension? Or do you just have it set softer??

I thought the shocks were a bit beefier on the RT?
    I have both Spyders set the same, on "3". The RT definitely has a softer ride, despite its stiffer shocks. Partly due to the wider track, partly due to the taller body and features...and the resulting higher center of gravity, and party due to the 33% higher weight of the RT-S. Just my theory, of course, but most who have ridden both have remarked on the relative sway and softness of the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_Spyder View Post
    Heading back from Daytona Spyder Owner's and Spring Dash event yesterday my steering started acting up. When I exited the highway it wanted to veer ot the right and right off the road. I slowed as I was almost in the grass and it suddenly jerked back to the left and let me steer it. The same thing happened 8-10 times during the 1.5 miles from exit to hotel. Luckily it didn't happen at 70 mph. Also lucky I had a trailer to get it home.

I have a call into the dealer...

BTW I had both DPS updates done and no issues since the second update during the Spyders in the Smokies event.

Premier 08
    6700 miles
    Please do a NHTSA report if you have not already done so.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have both Spyders set the same, on "3". The RT definitely has a softer ride, despite its stiffer shocks. Partly due to the wider track, partly due to the taller body and features...and the resulting higher center of gravity, and party due to the 33% higher weight of the RT-S. Just my theory, of course, but most who have ridden both have remarked on the relative sway and softness of the RT.
    Okay--- maybe it also has to do with the rear shock setup??

Scared me for a minute as I just got a set of RT shocks in..... have not installed them yet.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Okay--- maybe it also has to do with the rear shock setup??

Scared me for a minute as I just got a set of RT shocks in..... have not installed them yet.
    I have some coming for Nancy's Spyder, although you ride harder than we do.

Hoping there is an Evoluzione sway bar for the RT soon. When I get a few bucks saved up, I may do Elkas for the RT-S.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Have you gotten an update on the status yet JT?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    I agree! They had all winter to take care of this. Now it is affecting the riding season
    TRUE......the issues should have been resolved by Feb......it is now fast approaching riding weather...bad reviews make their shareholders very happy....happy to bail out of BRP.......they better get it together quick

Spyder Garage

I know somebody who work inside the NHTSA office in Crystal City VA (next to Pentagon) and I used him to help me get GM to force this dealer in MD to consider my new vehicle "Lemon" and got them to take my new vehicle back off my hand.

I can check if he is still working there and get the message to him somehow, but I suspect he might be retired by now. I can try to get up with him and see if he might can get our message to someone inside the office. I can't promise anything but any effort is better than nothing!

Let me know if you want to try and I will get up with him.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwhatman View Post
    Tsk, Tsk, see what NOT following directions gets you? Damn kids can't seem to follow a simple direction, do NOT go up the banks! I hope you learned your lesson! I know it's hard to resist. Our Boxster did the same thing when we did a tour of the track a couple of years ago. We were stopped on one of the high banks and all the electronics went haywire! Needledd to say, we finished our run, shut off the car for a few minutes and were able to reset everything again and be on our way. Glad all is okay.
    I can't speak for everyone but I never received any instructions at all except what time to meet. BTW who you calling "Damn kid"?
    Last edited by TJ_Spyder; 03-29-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Replaced DPS module

So far so good. Only drove it the 60 miles from dealer to home.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    Please do a NHTSA report if you have not already done so.

Done. BTW The Spyder is listed under "Cars, Light Trucks" not motorcycles.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_Spyder View Post
    I can't speak for everyone but I never received any instructions at all except what time to meet. BTW who you calling "Damn kid"?
    I don't know about everyone else thought but when there is a Big Truck and police motorcycle in front of the banks that was my instruction for me "DO NOT GO UP THE BANKS"... Just my thought....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are back up and running TJ!

I actually think the "kid" statement was directed at me, and will readily admit that my wife also scolded me saying that is why the trucks and ambulances were on the banks. I guess I got a little carried away, I mean how often do you get to ride on the speedway and those curves just looked so tempting.