Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 35 degrees and I'm

out riding. Just did about 70 miles and man was it fun. The roads were pretty much dry and the sun was out sooooooooooooooooo I went.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

Good stuff! 35F, nice!! (lucky guy). It's been mostly 20F the last few days, but finally hit about 30 today and changed to freezing drizzle.

It was wet, and dark, but it was awesome . When it started to freeze I got my butt home, though!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTDOC View Post
    out riding. Just did about 70 miles and man was it fun. The roads were pretty much dry and the sun was out sooooooooooooooooo I went.

Spyder Garage

64 F here in Dallas...
    + it's only going to get better from here...
    (until it turns into an inferno at Summertime)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it's gonna be +7 here on the weekend. But i wont be out riding. My bike is apart right now.. You guys R makin me jealous

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Good stuff! 35F, nice!! (lucky guy). It's been mostly 20F the last few days, but finally hit about 30 today and changed to freezing drizzle.

It was wet, and dark, but it was awesome . When it started to freeze I got my butt home, though!

Cheers!
    yes 35 would be balmy here i rode in this morning light snow and now rain....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

To busy shipping parts but will be out tomorrow

Spyder Garage

Glad others are getting out as we start seeing that orange globe in the sky!

Got in the high 30's here today--- so I just had to go out.......

Got pulled over for speeding--- 74 in a 55 out in the country (glad he didn't see what I was going just before that!). First time I've been pulled over for speeding on the Spyder--- and I speed all the time.

Cop asked me if I had any good reason for going so fast--- told him nope---- just got spring fever and decided to open her up.

He gave me a zero-points 'impeding traffic' ticket.....

Great ride--- nice to see the sun out.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default just got in from riding . . . .

. . . . was 28 when I started this morning and the temp gauge on the Spyder was showing 76 when I parked it. Blue skies, lots of Sun and low humidity!

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    it's gonna be +7 here on the weekend. But i wont be out riding. My bike is apart right now.. You guys R makin me jealous
    i will be taking the out sat and sun. + 7 and sunny can't resist!

Spyder Garage

Yup, what a great sunny day. It actually got in the low 40's today with Sunshine. Both Brian and I rode to work today. You heard me right, he has his spyder back on the road too. He would have had it sooner except for the snow this weekend and then we both got sick.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

I took my spyder to work this morning. The temps were in the low 30's. When dressed properly the cold isn't a problem. I was out Snowmobiling with my son last weekend, so I guess I get to ride the spyder and the sleds this time of year.

Spyder Garage

Here in West Michigan, we have had more sunshine in the last two days than in all of December. More sunshine in three days, than since early September. There is no way I could have stood not to ride. Tuesday it was near 40, but our street still had impassible ice clods. Yesterday it was in the mid forties, and I got in 40 miles. Turned the RT-S into a dirt bike when the road I was exploring suddenly turned from pavement to gravel (i.e. mud!). Sponged her down today and did another 40+. The temp indicator read 41. Never used the heated grips or my heated vest, either day. The RT is very cozy! I have been feeling guilty for having a new motorcycle with less than 100 miles on the clock, but I am feeling much better now!

P.S. The silly fuel gauge light still comes and goes. One of these times the dealer will see it when it refuses to work, and will no longer think I am nuts.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hit 60 today the first time in three months. I sprained my hip the week before last so I am still hobbling around on crutches and probably will for the foreseeable future(first a stroke now this). I ordered a set of those folding crutches they should come in a day or two then I can ride. This is the first time since they started keeping records in Kansas that we have not reached 60 in three months.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have riding to work last three days here in SE Michigan. It is around 28 in the morning leaving the house. At work, staff think I am nuts, and keep telling me I should be riding a Harley being such a die heart, I dont know why. Many motorists give me a little wave or a smile. May be I am reminding them spring is around the corner so they feel happy!!
    Will ride tomorrow for sure and possibly play hooky in the afternoon, to start my weekend as early as possible. Let the fun begin.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice

It is 15 degrees celsius here in Kamloops bc , It was very good to ride the spyder rt.s SE5. We spent more time answering questions than riding. GOOD JOB BRP. Our dealer, Craig at RTR Performance checked with us twice already today if we were please with our new toy and he is very happy to get our feedbacks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Here in West Michigan, we have had more sunshine in the last two days than in all of December. More sunshine in three days, than since early September. There is no way I could have stood not to ride. Tuesday it was near 40, but our street still had impassible ice clods. Yesterday it was in the mid forties, and I got in 40 miles. Turned the RT-S into a dirt bike when the road I was exploring suddenly turned from pavement to gravel (i.e. mud!). Sponged her down today and did another 40+. The temp indicator read 41. Never used the heated grips or my heated vest, either day. The RT is very cozy! I have been feeling guilty for having a new motorcycle with less than 100 miles on the clock, but I am feeling much better now!

P.S. The silly fuel gauge light still comes and goes. One of these times the dealer will see it when it refuses to work, and will no longer think I am nuts.
    Glad you got Her out for a While

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Glad others are getting out as we start seeing that orange globe in the sky!

Got in the high 30's here today--- so I just had to go out.......

Got pulled over for speeding--- 74 in a 55 out in the country (glad he didn't see what I was going just before that!). First time I've been pulled over for speeding on the Spyder--- and I speed all the time.

Cop asked me if I had any good reason for going so fast--- told him nope---- just got spring fever and decided to open her up.

He gave me a zero-points 'impeding traffic' ticket.....

Great ride--- nice to see the sun out.

Impeding traffic? What they couldn't keep up with you or was you holding up the flow?
    We had snow covered black ice this morning with wrecks and blocked roads everywhere. My blazer was skating at a dead stop. After work sunny and no sight of any snow at all.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Glad you got Her out for a While
    Thanks! How are you doing on getting rid of all those zeros on the odometer?
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Polor Bear run, Dayton, Ohio, 20 degrees, New Years day. good ride. Even made local news. Then they talked about wind chill. Wonder what that would be on a 20 degree day at 60MPH. I do not want to know.

Old Man Zues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Jealous

I'm jealous and stir crazy...my bike is all over my garage and house...hopefully in a couple weeks it will be ready to go.
    Everything never changes!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Just went for a 180 mile ride to Honesdale Pa. Then back through NY. along the Delaware river, crossed the river 4 times on the ride.
    Started out in the morning at 18 degrees, ended in the after noon at 45 degrees. The ice is off the river now, Spring is coming.

Spyder Garage

I was back out again today it was a little warmer but not by much. I think I put on about 100 miles just ripping around the area.I plan on riding again tomorrow.Temp is going to be going up a few degrees every day for the next week. I'll be out
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The wife and rode about 200 miles high 40's for the low 76 was the high we love it. But we do pay for it 122 in the summer here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    I'm jealous and stir crazy...my bike is all over my garage and house...hopefully in a couple weeks it will be ready to go.
    Self-inflicted wounds don't count!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Good day

Was 53 today and sunny in Macungie, PA, 38 when I left the house. Spyder ran great and put in 5 hours +, great day. Stopped by Blackman's to check on Orbital Blue RT-S, but it was packed down there. I'm confused, get the RT-S or just get tour gear for my RS. I wish I could find better foot position for the passenger and a tour bag for the back that works with the backrest from BRP, any suggestions. If I can set my 2008 RS up with a good touring set up when needed I might just keep what I have. It's been running great and no real problems and the service department is great. I've seen options for saddlebags but just looking for some suggestions. I love the RT-S, help me.