Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    i ride naked keeps me from sliding off the seat
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Seriously, I wear a mesh jacket, jeans, boots (sometimes thick athletic shoes), lightweight gloves, and a 3/4 face helmet.

But this is the Spyder.... I wore full leathers and a full face helmet on my Ninja.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Hot weather gear

Having totalled 2 bikes and my body 2 times, I can tell you that full face helmet, jeans and jackets saved the day and the titanium in my spine. Better safe than ...........

Spyder Garage

This reply is for AmandaB. Last summer I did an experiment with my helmet and my wife's. Mine is black and hers is white. I put both in the sun, on a box in the driveway fully closed (visor and vents). A thermometer was placed in each one. After 2 hours 90 degree sun guess which one was hotter inside. You guessed it!! They were both the same. The black one was so hot I could barely touch the outside of it while the white was not hot on the outside. I was all set to buy a light colored helmet until I did my unscientific experiment. As they say when it's hot out, your HOT.

John

Full Moon 08' SM5, Luggage rack, back rest, Kewlmetal mirror extensions, trunk spring, hidden trunk release cable, ride-on, remote garage openers, header wrap, Lamonster's air box catch can, CHAD, NMN double play w/ LED running/signals, heated gloves (gerbing), dzus fasteners, led fender tip lights, spyderpops missing air dam, tric rings, tric fender strips, spyderpops heat shield and missing air damn, Nexx X1R1 helmet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Under Armour heatgear skull cap 2
    Makes a difference on your head under your helmet. Mainly used by football players, it pulls the heat and moisture from your head. You can feel a difference just wearing it around the house without a helmet. Had to try it out first
    09 SM5 Phantom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm almost an exact replica of Sabunim5: Full face helmet - just vents open, mesh jacket over t-shirt or if really hot add a cooling vest and cool gel neck scarf. Mesh pants with armor (I always fill a camel back bag and carry it in my tank bag when it's hot - can dribble water from the mouthpiece over mesh in pants and it'll give you goose bumps for a while!). Always over the ankle boots and mesh gloves with knuckle protectors.
    You never plan to have an accident - if we could predict it, we wouldn't have to insure our bikes for ALL the time. I just figure it's the same with my body - I want full coverage ALL the time.

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Has anyone discovered a way to keep "skulls in helmets" cooler? We perfer to wear our multitec Shoeis. Temps here are now in the 98 range and my two gray cells are roasting. I've been thinking about making an air cooler to plug into the head gear but it is still in the gray cell development stage.

I occasionally wear a half shell with a full shield but I prefer the safety and noise protection of the full helmet.

Any and all ideas appreciated. Ken krb1945
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

A creative guy like you ought to be able to come up with an add-on air conditioner. You know, just like the ones on the roofs of the RVs, only much smaller. I'm sure Tatt2r can Photoshop up an example for you to visualize.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Short jumps around town: T shirt W/ mesh armored jacket(if tolerable), jeans, 1/2 helmet, tinted goggles and light gloves. Highway: long sleeve shirt W/ mess armored jacket (if tolerable) jeans, full face helmet, tinted googles, mesh armored gloves, boots and a smile.

RAL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    Has anyone discovered a way to keep "skulls in helmets" cooler? We perfer to wear our multitec Shoeis. Temps here are now in the 98 range and my two gray cells are roasting. I've been thinking about making an air cooler to plug into the head gear but it is still in the gray cell development stage.

I occasionally wear a half shell with a full shield but I prefer the safety and noise protection of the full helmet.

Any and all ideas appreciated. Ken krb1945
    Try the LD Comfort headliner. It's minimal risk (only $16) and from personal experience, it works. (especially effective with lower humidity) Just wet it, wring it out and wear under the helmet. I use it under my Multitec. With the vents open I don't even crack open the shield unless I'm in city traffic. Head stays cool and the longer neck drape keeps the sun off your neck. I've worn mine in 100+ and its amazing. I also use the LD Comfort sleeves and can vouch for their effectiveness also. I got mine from GOAZ.com (a Phx BMW dealer) who has a couple videos demonstrating use.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.