Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

[QUOTE=ataDude;184612]Yeah, but these are cool.

Very cool but I think SETHO should test these out for us First

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    AT $42 it's a bargain since it has VSS (Volume Stability Sensor) otherwise known as a lid, DPS (Durable Protective Skin) otherwise known as stainless steel, ABS (Anti-skid Bottom Sole) otherwise known as rubber and TCS (Thermal Conductor System) otherwise known as double walls. I'm sure it has a BUDS connector to tell you how many miles per ounce of coffee.
    I don't want to start a flaming thread here, BRPjunkie, but didn't some folks have the recommended software upgrade to the mug, only to find out that it now can't be raised to the lips smoothly (there's resistance to tipping, then a release with like a crack or pop causing one to over-tip the mug)?

I also would hate to being in the middle of my morning coffee and have the mug starts throwing codes all over its display and I have to finish breakfast in limp mode.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    What the heck, Mike!

She doesn't even have a cup holder mount on her Spyder!!

(While I have three...)
    Alright while were all eating pie we will distrcat her while you take them away

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For $42 extra, You can get the three year extended warranty. It includes roadside assistance from 7 - 11 in the event you run out of coffee ($25 deductible applies). Standard coverage already includes GPS (Genuine Product Support) otherwise known as Carlo.
    And I also hear that some unscrupulous dealers are w a y overcharging for the BEST warranty.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Alright while were all eating pie we will distrcat her while you take them away
    Fair enough.

I was just looking to order some Givi saddlebags for my new BRP mug (they hold extra milk, sugar, plus two full-face helmets).

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I hear Ev has some cool new lighting design accessories coming (I often drink in the dark), as well as a 4" handle lift kit for the mug for those that can't, you know, reach it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Yes, Capt John, I believe it does.

Funny, though--there have been dozens of posts on the boards about what the actual capacity of the mug is. Some claim it empty when it's not. Others claim it can never really be filled.

Also, only a limited number of Premiere Edition mugs have been made. BRP made exactly 2,500 "PE" mugs.

(So there are 3,856.)
    Whos counting don't want to brag but my trailer has an outlet so I can brew 12 cups on the go But of course I'm back to using my H-D mugs neven though there known for leaking

Spyder Garage

... as well as a 4" handle lift kit for the mug for those that can't, you know, reach it.
    Well, that just sucks. I need a 3" handle lift... 4" is too much.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Well, that just sucks. I need a 3" handle lift... 4" is too much.

Yeah, but ataDude--

if you get the new Corbin seat for the mug, it pushes you back further so that the 4" handle lift will be a perfect fit.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    ...of course I'm back to using my H-D mugs even though there known for leaking

Of course, there has been much discussion about how the rings in the mug will stand up to use of synthetic coffee as opposed to petroleum-based coffee or the synthetic coffee blend. Unfortunately, the shop manual (NOT the owner's manual, mind you) states that only the full synthetic coffee is to be used, NOT the synthetic blend.

Still waiting on confirmation from BRP.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This has been a riot. If we can keep it going for another month. I'll actually be able to ride. I only use 5W - 40 Starbucks blend so I think I'm OK.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

...I only use 5W - 40 Starbucks blend so I think I'm OK.
    OK more issues:

The new recommended BRP coffee had no ratings or viscosity listed on the label.

While synthetic coffees offer real advantages when your stomach is very cold and when your stomach is very hot. The viscosity ratings are typically at 212°F, too hot to drink from a mug.

At 32°F the PAOs and Diesters have about one third the viscosity of the mineral coffees, meaning they pump through your digestive system three times better. Since about 75% of all the wear on your digestive system happens in the first five minutes after you start drinking a coffee, synthetics offer an advantage in significantly reducing colon wear.

Hope that clears things up. I'm gonna get a coffee.

Spyder Garage

(Thought I'd get them off RoadDog in his latest garage-cleanout, but noooo...)
    I got those

Spyder Garage

I don't want to start a flaming thread here, BRPjunkie, but didn't some folks have the recommended software upgrade to the mug, only to find out that it now can't be raised to the lips smoothly (there's resistance to tipping, then a release with like a crack or pop causing one to over-tip the mug)?

I also would hate to being in the middle of my morning coffee and have the mug starts throwing codes all over its display and I have to finish breakfast in limp mode.

Spyder Garage

I won t buy one until Evan sells a Lid Tipz light for it .
    Northramp
    2009 RED SE5, Very Happy Owner (1-15-09)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I got those
    Yeah, Kim, but did the warranty transfer over to you??!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    I won t buy one until Evan sells a Lid Tipz light for it .
    Well, I know you want lights, northramp, 'cause after all it's more important to be seen than to see when you are drinking, so I thought I'd mention this:

I think Ev might be almost done with the quintuple play mug kit, which has five distinct coffee-drinking-light-up functions for various consuming conditions. The stock lighting on the BRP mug (like many of you tell me every time you see me) is just plain inferior and needs replacement at the earliest opportunity. The posi-tap connectors are a breeze to hook up to the coffee mug stock wiring harness.

(I also am now thinking of switching out the stock mug grip for 5 1/4" billet ones, by the way.)

Spyder Garage

This thread is silly. Perhaps we need to revisit a serious one:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12326

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    ...and has no taste, either! As a matter of fact, I don't think it's even coffee at all. I think that maybe it's coffee flavored KoolAid......
    OK, HDX--I know you know way more than I do about this, but please don't stir up the "coffee-octane-wars" discussions of 2008 again...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    This thread is silly. Perhaps we need to revisit a serious one:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12326

No.

Let it go, ataDude.

Your F1-coffee-mug-sidestand prices were exorbitant, your delivery times were horrendous, you wouldn't answer your coffee-mug-hotline telephone, the holes in your design didn't line up with the holes on the stock mug, and several people complained that the steel you used was not optically correct and you could barely see through it.

Not to mention, it's a coffee mug--it probably doesn't need a sidestand.

(It had to be said.)

Spyder Garage

Not being a coffee drinker, it is obvious to me from this thread that I have a lot to learn. You SpyderLovers members are an incredible resource!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, at least Harley tells you right on the can what they're selling ya'..........

Come on, HDX.

I am trying to keep it civil here, but (and at the risk of you calling me a liberal) you and I have discussed this a hundred times already:

It clearly reads "BLEND" on the can in the photo.

I for one am NOT going to risk voiding the warranty of an expensive mug by using the wrong coffee.

And for RoadDog's sake, please don't bring up that nonsense about Rislone Decaf, Amsoil Cappucino, or Mobil One Espresso.

I'm not risking it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Is this mug compatible with a JuiceBox?
    Jury is out on that one, bro'.

Again, there are many here who outshine me on the technical aspects, but it seems that the Juice Box hooked up using the factory O2 sensor may not be doing much good.

As long as the factory coffee-O2 sensor is kept, the coffee mug's computer will eventually learn and correct the AFR back to 14.5-14.7 regardless of how rich the setting are on the JB.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Not being a coffee drinker, it is obvious to me from this thread that I have a lot to learn. You SpyderLovers members are an incredible resource!

Scotty, what are you talking about?

You have, what, like 30 coffee mugs in your garage?

Just because they all don't have high-tech nannies in them like the BRP mug, and most of them are not coffee-injected or are without electric start doesn't mean we don't value your caffeinated opinion here.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I gave up on him.......Caught him this weekend with a SOY Spectro latte in a sidecar mug!! He just doesn't get it.....

Are you serious?!

No wonder he doesn't respond to my pm's--he's embarassed.

Although, boy...
    I just tried some almond milk and it runs r e a l s m o o t h. No more clunking shifting the mug out of first gear. . . it was, after all, mentioned in the last BRP dealer technical service builletin.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

This has been a riot. If we can keep it going for another month. I'll actually be able to ride. I only use 5W - 40 Starbucks blend so I think I'm OK.
    The enginers at Valcourt are saying to stick with 5/30 or you can be voiding your warranty