Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster & Fred Rau's RT Trip across America-Day 3

Today was not a great day to ride but it was a great day to hang with the crew at ESI and do a little work on the RT. It pretty much rained on and off all day today and toward the end of the day it was getting darn right cold. It's funny when I left the condo today it was 42 but I was colder this evening when it was 55. I guess being a little wet and cold all day caught up to me.

Dave01 stopped by with his RT and trailer and I got to see his blacked out bars. They really looked great and I can see some powder-coating in my future. It really is a nice looking package.

The guys at ESI hooked me up with some mudflap lights and wired them up so they are turn and brake too. This was a special install with quick connects if I ever need to remove them. I really love these lights and feel that it is a added safety feature. After almost getting ran off the road I need all the help I can get.

Jody was nice enough to point out that I had my lower shock bolts pointed the wrong way. I knew it when I did it but I had my reasons even though I knew it was wrong. I was hoping to get by like it was till it warmed up a bit and I could turn them around. Jody was kind enough to put them in the right way after busting my chops awhile. I had it coming and it's not like I wouldn't return the favor if he ever screws up. It's kind of a inside joke.

While we were working on the RT's Jeff from ISCI and his crew stopped by to say hey. These guys have a few products for the RT too. It didn't take long for the aftermarket to jump on this thing. That's always a good sign if the aftermarket guys are willing to invest in a new product when it first comes out.

While the crew was working on RT's I was working on my websites and keeping up with my emails. I was able to use my laptop that was tethered to my iphone wireless. I couldn't believe how good it worked and I even had a short video chat with my mom while I was there. Dave01 was pretty impressed with how fast it was on 3G. It's faster than the connection I have here in the condo.

It pretty much quit raining about 3:30 so I headed over to the race track to see if anyone was there at the BRP tent. It was pretty dead and they were packing up when I got there.

I talked with the reps for awhile and helped them fuel up the Spyders before I left for dinner. These RS's looked pretty cool.

The blue one is really a nice color. It was the first time I've seen one up close.

I had dinner with Evan and the crew at Port Orange Steak House. It's a great place to eat and the price is pretty good for what you get. I had a salad and a primer rib sandwich for about 13 bucks. Not a bad deal and it was great.

From there I headed back to the condo in Ormond and took Speedway to A1A. There weren't a whole lot of bikes on the road because it was still pretty wet and cold but you could tell it was Bike Week for sure.

Tomorrow looks to be a much better day weather wise and I look forward to meeting some SpyderLovers at the BRP tent. See you there.

Lamonster- SpyderLovers.com

Spyder Garage

I really love it Lamont when u do these photo essay s . It is much appreciated.
    Northramp
    2009 RED SE5, Very Happy Owner (1-15-09)

Spyder Garage

Default great post

Keep it up. Makes me feel like I'm there.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for keeping us updated on your Daytona adventure. Were expecting more snow here in East Tennessee tonight and tomorrow.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Default great pics

see ya all for lunch .....................
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

please pass the salt and pepper.

thanks again for the write up!

Spyder Garage

Great write-up and pictures. I too felt like I was there
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Your write-up was great. Thanks for taking the time. Food choice = but

I am with ya on the red meat.
    Happy Owner * 2013 RT Limited, 2009 RS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Great write up Lamont. Hoping you have much nicer weather today and get a chance to meet many more Spyder Lovers.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor Mad Matt's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamont,

Looks like fun. Really wish Big Joe and I were there this year. Woke up to snow on the ground this morning.

I like the blacked out bars idea. I chromed a set for my RT and am going to install them in the next few days. But I know I will see the reflection glaring in the windshield, I think black is a better idea for the bars. I am going to be chroming all the dull aluminum on my RT. I think it should really pop.

Please know that you and Fred are more than welcome to crash at my place on your way through AZ. Anytime bro. I can even provide inside parking for 2 more Spyders! Let me know if you will be passing thru Prescott.

Mad Matt