Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kytten View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. My boyfriend just bought some lights for his bike (not a Spyder) and the person selling them made it a point to tell us about not using some colors while riding on the street. So when I saw your wife's -- the lights look somewhat blue in the photo -- I was curious if you looked into it.
    You are welcome. The main thing is to check the state laws for where you live. Here in SC, you are not allowed to have red lights on the front of anything other than an emergency vehicle, and blue lights cannot be on at all while moving. If it is parked for a show than anything goes.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default LED TricRings

in all honesty i have never been a fan of the TricRings, but after seeing your blink like that (AND also in Amber for fog lights) i think i am in love.

first: are your headlights stock, or HID/Xenon upgrades? am wondering cause the TricRings added a LOT of ambient light, especially close to the front. if they add that much, even with HIDs then i now consider these a MUST have for added visibility for me and others.

second: did you have to add anything else to get the TricRings to strobe? or is it a built in feature of the wiring/harness that comes with them?

thanks!! and love all the mods (even though i personally would use blue, if legal...ugh)
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for bumping the thread Kip, as I thought I had posted pictures and info about my new headlights and fog lights here, but just found out I haven't yet.

I am now running HIDs on my Spyder. I installed 55 watt 6,000K headlights, and 35 watt 3,000K fog lights. Here is a picture of the front of my Spyder with them on:

I do not have the TricRings on in this photo. I haven't ridden since hurting my ankle last month, and I still need to get more new pictures of the latest mods. I believe you will still be able to see the rings with the HIDs installed, but I need to test it before I let you know for sure.

I also made this video to show a comparison of my stock head and fog lights versus the new HID lights:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAUIgc21Ro[/ame]

In order to make the lights strobe, I have them connected to a remote controller box that has 4 separate zones and provides that functionality. I got the remote control set up from Reggy at www.tricled.com as well. This box allows you to adjust the brightness when they are on solid, strobe at different rates, make them fade in and out like breathing, and then turn them off.

Hope that helps.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

thanks for the response!

if you re-watch your original video you will see when you turned on the TricRings there was a significant increase in light on the ground (mostly closer to the front end sides) but any increase in visible area at night is good.

look forward to seeing the new video with the HIDs so i will have a better idea.

now that i know you have to add extras for the effects i may only get rings - but am starting with 8000k headlights....
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KipDM View Post
    thanks for the response!

if you re-watch your original video you will see when you turned on the TricRings there was a significant increase in light on the ground (mostly closer to the front end sides) but any increase in visible area at night is good.

look forward to seeing the new video with the HIDs so i will have a better idea.

now that i know you have to add extras for the effects i may only get rings - but am starting with 8000k headlights....
    I am finally walking without the stupid cam boot supporting my ankle, and the weather is supposed to clear up this weekend. Hopefully I will get a chance to clean the green layer of pollen off my Spyder and take some new pics and video to post.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default More New Mods Installed

I got a few new mods to install during the time I was down with my ankle injury. I was finally able to take care of getting them done, and am happy with the results.

BRP Billet Aluminum Front Axle Nut Covers:

SFB Racing front floorboards:

Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

looks cool!
    can't wait to see it in person
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

I was also able to make a new video this evening. My camera is not that good at taking movies of lights at night. If you are looking at the Spyder with the naked eye, while standing up, you can definitely see the TricRings around the HID lights. Of course, if you stoop down to the HID level you can't see anything for a while.

Anyway, here is the video I was able to get.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCKF_Z9xU_E[/ame]
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default FrankenHindle

I finally had enough with trying to rivet the heat shields on my Hindle and having them continue to rattle. Taking care of it made it not so pretty, so my wife got some paint to help.

Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    looks cool!
    can't wait to see it in person
    Thanks Tom. I still haven't ridden my Spyder out of the yard yet since the ankle injury. If the weather holds this weekend I am going to go for it.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

I see some one has been really busy....
    If you mod your ride to the approval of others then is not really yours... A Fuego ! XXX 74

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XXX 74 View Post
    I see some one has been really busy....
    Just a little.

Long time no see Ricky, how have you been?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users Vegaspearlbaby's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Love the mods! Where did you get the hilarious "Hands off my Spyder" decal?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegaspearlbaby View Post
    Love the mods! Where did you get the hilarious "Hands off my Spyder" decal?
    Thanks for the compliment.

You can get the decals on EBay, here is a link to a current listing for them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Funny...Q5fAccessories

Enjoy!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice Job SpyderWolf Very well done !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Nice Job SpyderWolf Very well done !!
    Thanks! I still have a couple of new additions I haven't posted yet as well. Once the mod bug bites it never seems to stop itching.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default TricPlate - Another New Addition

I installed the TricPlate privacy license plate cover on my Spyder, available from www.tricplate.com and really like it. You have full control of whether you want people to see your license plate or not. Of course it is meant for show purposes only, and not supposed to be used to black out your plate while ryding on the street. No matter, as I really like it.

This is what it looks like when it is turned on:

This is what it looks like when you turn the power off:

Here is a video clip of it in show mode where it flashes on and off, showing how it works.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB2nkWlIiZE[/ame]

Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

SpyderWolf,

Just looked through your pictures! Wow!! You have really done a great job making your spyder unique!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
    SpyderWolf,

Just looked through your pictures! Wow!! You have really done a great job making your spyder unique!

Steve
    Thanks Steve, I appreciate the compliment.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great pics and videos, SpyderWolf! I just read through every reply and watched all your videos. Pretty sweet!! I, too, fell into the addiction of Reggy's LED's and have put some of the easy ones in (on the side wheels) but have been hesitant to get under the dash to put in the 4-zone remote switch in that I bought so that I can put in my rings and LED strips.

Did you do it yourself or have someone install the 4-zone remote? That is one thing I wish someone would make a video of is installing the 4-zone for n00bs like myself to figure out what they're doing. I guess that I am just too cautious for my . (Heck, I even asked a local Spyder dealership here in Des Moines, IA if they would install only that and I would figure out the rest and they did not want to do it . . . . go figure) So I still have all the materials and now after seeing your awesome pics and videos, am getting more nerves up to just try it myself or to do more looking around for videos.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Turl View Post
    Great pics and videos, SpyderWolf! I just read through every reply and watched all your videos. Pretty sweet!! I, too, fell into the addiction of Reggy's LED's and have put some of the easy ones in (on the side wheels) but have been hesitant to get under the dash to put in the 4-zone remote switch in that I bought so that I can put in my rings and LED strips.

Did you do it yourself or have someone install the 4-zone remote? That is one thing I wish someone would make a video of is installing the 4-zone for n00bs like myself to figure out what they're doing. I guess that I am just too cautious for my . (Heck, I even asked a local Spyder dealership here in Des Moines, IA if they would install only that and I would figure out the rest and they did not want to do it . . . . go figure) So I still have all the materials and now after seeing your awesome pics and videos, am getting more nerves up to just try it myself or to do more looking around for videos.

My wife and I did all of the lighting installs on our Spyders. The biggest hurdle is the one you are facing now, and that is worrying about messing something up. I placed my 4 zone control box behind the dash, but my wife has hers mounted underneath and it is hidden by the seat pan. So you have some options.

I ran a hot from the battery and a ground to a switch I mounted on the dash. Then connected the hot for the controller box to the switch, and hooked the grounds together. My wife did not use a switch, which made things even easier. For the lighting it is just a matter of running the wires and connecting them to the leads on the different zones.

It is not difficult, but can be very time consuming. I have heard there are some dealers that will do the installs, while others won't. Some independent shops are also willing to do the installs. I actually think doing it yourself gives you a peace of mind because you know where everything is wired and how it works. If something quits working then you know where to start troubleshooting it. If someone else does the install for you then you may be at their mercy when trying to trace a problem.

I hope that helps.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Thanks! I still have a couple of new additions I haven't posted yet as well. Once the mod bug bites it never seems to stop itching.
    I feel your 'pain'
    I've wondered if I need a 12 step program

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I feel your 'pain'
    I've wondered if I need a 12 step program
    I think it will take at least a 24, if not 36, step program to cure my addiction.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

This thread has helped me out tremendously. Thanks!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Very impressive build, love the graphics choice and how you applied them
    Arcturus - 2008 Millennium Yellow Can Am Spyder GS