Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderWolf's Mods

I figured I have finally done enough things to warrant posting a thread of my Spyder modifications.

This is the front of my Spyder, with the graphics kit from Spyder Detailing and a Transformers Autobot logo. You can also see the fog lights:

My Black Powder Coated front wheels with BRP Caliper Trim Kit:

I just switched out my BRP Sport Touring windscreen for this Givi D770ST. I give it high marks as it still looks sporty, and I am no longer a bobble head going down the road:

This is my new Safety Card label, for the times the Spyder is parked and I don't want anyone messing with it. I have no intention of selling my Spyder, but if for some reason that time ever comes I am sure I can get a new stock one to replace this with:

This is a new license plate that South Carolina just came up with in 2009:

These are the BRP Custom Handlebar Grips:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hindle Exhaust:

BRP Comfort Seat:

BRP Anti-Vibe bars with billet aluminum end caps. You can also see my Cramp Buster:

BRP Rear Sport Rack and Back Rest:

I think that was all that is worth taking pictures of right now. The rest of the items are listed in my signature.

If you have any questions about any of these items, let me know.

Spyder Garage

Do you have the website for Spyder detailing?

Thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

My kids were looking over my shoulderand spotted the transformer decal on the front, they love it. that is a great wrap and really highlighhts the base yellow... great job.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks great!! Like the windshield, I have the BRP touring & it hits my hand when backing tight after seeing yours I might have to change.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zavalza View Post
    Do you have the website for Spyder detailing?

Thanks in advance
    http://www.spyderdetailing.com/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pop49 View Post
    My kids were looking over my shoulderand spotted the transformer decal on the front, they love it. that is a great wrap and really highlighhts the base yellow... great job.
    Thanks, I will post some more pictures of the graphics shortly. Be sure to tell the kids the ryder is the only thing that transforms on this Spyder, he becomes a grinning fool everytime he rydes it.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    Looks great!! Like the windshield, I have the BRP touring & it hits my hand when backing tight after seeing yours I might have to change.
    If you turn the bars all the way to one side or the other, my knuckles will barely touch the sides of the Givi screen. They never touched with the sport touring windshield, but at 5' 9" my head would get buffeted pretty badly. I kept all 3 screens I have so far, and may switch back to the sport touring when it becomes unbearably hot here in the summer. Have to test this one and see though. Not being buffeted may be worth being a little warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Thanks Dean, now it is your turn to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by ameobe View Post
    Thanks for answering that Pat. Peter does great work, and has some new designs on the site now called rain, that look like your bike is constantly wet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More Pictures of the Graphics Kit

Here are some more pictures of the graphics on my Spyder.

That's it for now.

Spyder Garage

Default Love your yellow Spyder

WOW that is so nice. really sets the Spdyer off. How hard was it putting it all on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by leoejr View Post
    WOW that is so nice. really sets the Spdyer off. How hard was it putting it all on.
    Thanks! The lighting installs are not that difficult, more time consuming than anything else. Figuring out where you want to run the wires is the biggest challenge, as the Spyder seems to have had enough wires already.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More New Lights Installed

I just can't seem to leave well enough alone, and got some more amber LED light strips from TricLED.com to light up the nose cone of my Spyder. The best thing about this install is I was able to run all of the wires together in a way that I can just disconnect the hot and ground from my control box, and these lights will only be attached to the frunk. That way it can be removed without too much hassle due to the wires. I have these hooked into zone 3 on my remote, so they all function as one unit with the steady on, flashing, and pulse, capabilities.

I took some daylight pictures of the finished product, notice the amber light showing up on the ground as well.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Night time shots of the new lighting mods.

Nose cone, ground effects at night:

Nose cone, ground effects, and fog light rings:

Key turned on shows nose cone, ground effects, fog light rings, fender tips, TricFenderz, and ESI Day Runners up front:

3/4 view of same lights as above turned on:

Nose cone, ground effects, fog light rings, fender tips, TricFenderz, Side Markers, and ESI Day Runners with LED Mud Flaps:

Same lights as above with headlight rings turned on. My headlights are not on in any of these pictures:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Awsome mods! Although, not good to post pics that my hubby will see and getting an evil gleem in his eye looking at my Itsy...LOL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvsquirrel View Post
    Awsome mods! Although, not good to post pics that my hubby will see and getting an evil gleem in his eye looking at my Itsy...LOL
    Thanks! I will be more than happy to add your husband to the list of people I have corrupted over the years. One of the best things about Spyder ownership is the ability to make it your own. Mod it to your tastes, and don't worry about what others might think. If they happen to like it in the end, consider that a bonus.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Month, More Lighting Mods

It has been over a month since my last mod, so time to make another change. TricLED completed work on the dual color TricFenderz and the new Project Nite lights. I went with amber/red on the TricFenderz and amber on the Project Nite ones. On to the pictures.

Front 3/4 view of my Spyder in the daylight:

Dual color TricFenderz in daylight:

Project Nite lights along middle panel in daylight:

Rear 3/4 view of my Spyder at dusk:

We also added white lights to my wife's Spyder:

This is a head to head shot of Good VS Bad in the TRON Spyder battle:

Some may think it is time for an intervention.

Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity, did you check into the legality of using all those lights/colors of lights on your bike while riding? I know some lights and light colors can make a bike no longer street legal in my state. So I'm wondering how careful you've been to make sure yours stays street legal or if you're not worrying about it?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kytten View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you check into the legality of using all those lights/colors of lights on your bike while riding? I know some lights and light colors can make a bike no longer street legal in my state. So I'm wondering how careful you've been to make sure yours stays street legal or if you're not worrying about it?
    So far we have not had any issues with law enforcement, and quite a few of them have seen both Spyders. I am actually more concerned about my wife's Spyder and legal issues with the white lights than I am with mine as amber is legal for clearance lights everywhere.

Here is the real deal though. These are all connected to a 4 zone remote control box, which allows each zone to be turned on, off, flash, and fade, independently. So, if there was to be an issue we could turn them off with one push of a button and be on our way. No harm, no foul. There is no way I would do something like this where all the lights are on whenever the Spyder is on, as that could be asking for trouble. If we ryde somewhere that the LEOs don't like them, they can be shut off to accomodate and only used while parked for show.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Thanks! I still have a couple of new additions I haven't posted yet as well. Once the mod bug bites it never seems to stop itching.
    I feel your 'pain'
    I've wondered if I need a 12 step program

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I feel your 'pain'
    I've wondered if I need a 12 step program
    I think it will take at least a 24, if not 36, step program to cure my addiction.

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

This thread has helped me out tremendously. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Very impressive build, love the graphics choice and how you applied them