Spyder Garage

Default AC for the Spyder?

I know it's a little cold to be talking about air conditioning but this thing puts out heat also!!

Don't know if it will ever hit the streets but it is an interesting concept. Whadayathink?

Air conditioning for your motorcycle (or .... Spyder!!) http://www.entrosys.com

Spyder Garage

Interesting concept. I don't think I would ever buy one, even though it does get blazing hot down here in the summer time. Maybe when they actually hit the streets, and start getting decent reviews, it may be worth a try, depending on the cost.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Looks like an interesting concept. Couldn't find any info. on price on their website though. With a vest and a hose we could already have heat from the spyder body work.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    Looks like an interesting concept. Couldn't find any info. on price on their website though. With a vest and a hose we could already have heat from the spyder body work.
    I know, all I found was where you could register for a 20% discount on one of the first 500 production units. Only problem is 20% off what?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thoroghbred Stallion comes with heater and AC, but it's not a Spyder.

john

Spyder Garage

I think I have lived too long! Why? Did they outlaw mesh jackets?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I think most people don't know about mesh jackets or understand how
    they work or for that matter if they work? I've been using one for about
    ten years now. Not only do they keep cool, they'll protect you in case of a fall off.

Spyder Garage

My mesh jacket doesn't seem to work as well when the temp is in the 90's with humidity levels that match!

The heating idea is also interesting but I wonder how well the unit will work in low humidity levels in very cold weather?

Air conditioning for motdorcycles - who would've thunk? I guess they said the same thing when Packard introduced AC in 1939!!

.............. Scotty ........... Good grief! 5,133 posts - that's got to be second only to Lamont?! ....... and that's after taking off for a month or two!! (How's that for hijacking my own thread!!)
    Last edited by hevnbound; 02-25-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound View Post
    My mesh jacket doesn't seem to work as well when the temp is in the 90's with humidity levels that match!
    There isn't much on the market that is going to keep us cool under those conditions.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default a/c

don't stop, go faster and a larger windshield, keeps the air circulating around ya. or move to a cooler climate like Canada..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't like A/C in my house, car and definetly not on my bike. I've lived all over the world and enjoy nature..hot or cold. I still like the 4/60 A/C ( 4 windows down at 60mph...well I guess I use 4/80 A/C now)

Spyder Garage

could do with the ac now... its been high 30s and low 40s Centigrade that is for a while now, still more to come . had no rain for over 75 days now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Worn under a mesh jacket, this works pretty darn well to keep you cool if the humidity isn't too high. Mine is a different brand but the same thing. It's like wetting down a t-shirt, then riding, except that it absorbs enough water to last a lot longer than a wet t-shirt.

http://www.newenough.com/street/prot...ycle_vest.html

Cotton

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

u obviously dont live in Mobile Al...we get mid 90's to 100 degrees with 90 % humidity.....i have a mesh jacket, but that is waay too hot for me to wear in the summer here.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    Worn under a mesh jacket, this works pretty darn well to keep you cool if the humidity isn't too high. Mine is a different brand but the same thing. It's like wetting down a t-shirt, then riding, except that it absorbs enough water to last a lot longer than a wet t-shirt.

Cotton
    interesting....do u have one?

Spyder Garage

I have also been reading about the cooling vest. We have protective force officers that work outside all day and wear those in the summer. I guess the only other option might be to ryde naked, but then the sunburn would hurt too badly.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aubierules View Post
    Yes, I do. Mine's a Joe Rocket that's no longer available but this looks just the same. I've ridden when the temperature was 95 - 100 degrees but our humidity is usually much less than yours. If the humidity is not too bad, these work very well. They absorb a lot of moisture and it evaporates slowly, keeping you cool for as long as two hours. At the next gas stop just soak it down again. I usually wear mine over a t-shirt and under a mesh jacket.

Cotton

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I guess the only other option might be to ryde naked, but then the sunburn would hurt too badly.
    I saw an article in a dirt bike magazine years ago about an off-road rider who was arrested for riding naked through a camping area in a National Forest. He explained his actions by saying that if he practiced in the nude, he would be able to ride much faster with all his gear on.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

I saw an article in a dirt bike magazine years ago about an off-road rider who was arrested for riding naked through a camping area in a National Forest. He explained his actions by saying that if he practiced in the nude, he would be able to ride much faster with all his gear on.

Cotton
    Hmmm, interesting theory but I think his hypothesis was somewhat flawed, and going to jail probably kept him from hurting himself too badly.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I do. Mine's a Joe Rocket that's no longer available but this looks just the same. I've ridden when the temperature was 95 - 100 degrees but our humidity is usually much less than yours. If the humidity is not too bad, these work very well. They absorb a lot of moisture and it evaporates slowly, keeping you cool for as long as two hours. At the next gas stop just soak it down again. I usually wear mine over a t-shirt and under a mesh jacket.

Cotton
    COOL...ty

Spyder Garage

I thought A/C is included with our Spyders .... temp control knob is on the right side. Twist towards you to increase cooling.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aubierules View Post
    I live right around the corner from you. A mesh suit and a cooling vest have been a part of my summer riding gear for years. I sometimes put mine in the refrigerator before a ride. I get both direct cooling and evaporative cooling that way. The vests aren't as effective as they would be in lower humidity, but they help a lot. They don't work so well behind some of the big "barn door" windshields. I take my CHAD off in the summer and go back to the original "touring" windshield from BRP.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    I live right around the corner from you. A mesh suit and a cooling vest have been a part of my summer riding gear for years. I sometimes put mine in the refrigerator before a ride. I get both direct cooling and evaporative cooling that way. The vests aren't as effective as they would be in lower humidity, but they help a lot. They don't work so well behind some of the big "barn door" windshields. I take my CHAD off in the summer and go back to the original "touring" windshield from BRP.
    cool....i have a mesh jacket, but dont have a cooling vest...need to look into that....last summer i almost got heatstroke wearing my mesh jacket

Spyder Garage

I will probably buy one of the cooling vests this summer as well. Almost anything is worth a try at that time of the year.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Cotton
    Thanks for the tip Cotton. I ride all summer with a Cortech mesh jacket. I used to ride in t-shirts only, now I don't get sunburn after being on the road all day.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift