Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default It's Clearer Now: I See a Spyder RT In My Future

Today I went into Brothers in Bremerton, WA for tires and service on my FJR. A year ago I was intrigued with the Spyders on display but there were so many questions about getting a trike license and Spyders themselves.

I'm glad I waited. The trike classes and licensing are much clearer AND now there's the RTS--exactly the kind of ride I was looking for. I like the RTS because the storage is built in, there's an adjustable screen, audio, and heated everything. At first glance it looks like there won't be much need for farkling. Well, wait a minute...

While they were servicing the FJR I was checking out every nook and cranny of the RTS. I have a common inseam for being 5'11" but wanted to be able to scoot back a couple of inches. I've learned to ride things for awhile; I usually find I don't have to change things becuase I get used to it. I assume this will be the same.

The plan is to enjoy the FJR, take a trike class and get licensed for that category. (I understand Washington state is one of three states that needs a distinct trike endorsement. It figures.) I'll be getting my ducks in a row and a year from now I should be a participating member and just not an interested bystander.

FWIW, the sales guy said today that two Gold Wing riders recently traded in their two wheels for three.

If there are some Spyder riders around the Kitsap Peninsula I'd love to see your ride. Perhaps we can meet and I'll buy you a cup of coffee or a beer.

Smilin' Kyle Dye
    Gig Harbor, WA

Spyder Garage

If you ever get up to skagit co. let me know maybe we can take a ride up chuckanut? good luck and enjoywelcome
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Sounds great kyledye. Feel free to chime in anytime.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

welcome
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

welcome

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

welcome

Best of luck herding those ducks so you can get your new RT!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

No need for "farkling".....................preposterous! Just wait till you have yours - there will be many ways to make it be more yours/a better fit etc

Congrats on getting bit

Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

welcome
    SPYDRRR

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

welcome Truck 85 I lived in Seattle for 15 years and my favorite place to go was Skagit Raceway. I would always go to turn 4 and get a Brat. Best place to watch a race and have a Brat. Someday I will take a vacation up there and see the dirt cup again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyledye View Post
    Today I went into Brothers in Bremerton, WA for tires and service on my FJR. A year ago I was intrigued with the Spyders on display but there were so many questions about getting a trike license and Spyders themselves.

I'm glad I waited. The trike classes and licensing are much clearer AND now there's the RTS--exactly the kind of ride I was looking for. I like the RTS because the storage is built in, there's an adjustable screen, audio, and heated everything. At first glance it looks like there won't be much need for farkling. Well, wait a minute...

While they were servicing the FJR I was checking out every nook and cranny of the RTS. I have a common inseam for being 5'11" but wanted to be able to scoot back a couple of inches. I've learned to ride things for awhile; I usually find I don't have to change things becuase I get used to it. I assume this will be the same.

The plan is to enjoy the FJR, take a trike class and get licensed for that category. (I understand Washington state is one of three states that needs a distinct trike endorsement. It figures.) I'll be getting my ducks in a row and a year from now I should be a participating member and just not an interested bystander.

FWIW, the sales guy said today that two Gold Wing riders recently traded in their two wheels for three.

If there are some Spyder riders around the Kitsap Peninsula I'd love to see your ride. Perhaps we can meet and I'll buy you a cup of coffee or a beer.

Smilin' Kyle Dye
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Hey Smiley!

I am here in Federal Way if you are in the area some time touch base and I'll take you up on that coffee.

wa3wheels@comcast.net

2009 SE Red
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll take you up on that offer!

Spyder Garage

welcome Hope you get one soon.
    Happy Owner