Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirty Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    "Motorcycle Friendly" usually means that they don't close the front gate in your face...or take after you with a shotgun. From there on, you're on your own.
    You should have heard the conversation between the lowered HD owner, who made the reservation, and the owner of the property. They said there nephew rides his motorcycle up there all the time. When asked what type of motorcycle it was they said a dirt bike.

My Spyder actually made it up the hill. I was standing on the foot pegs and the engine kept jaybraking all the way up. The way back down was a little scary though as the anti-lock brakes kept fighting back very hard and I slid part of the way down. There was no way the 2 wheelers were going to be able to keep riding that hill safely with it raining for the next several days.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

i have a little over a 1/4 mile of gravle driveway so my spyder is always dirty i dont like it but would not give up riding in the winter for any thing.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    "Motorcycle Friendly" usually means that they don't close the front gate in your face...or take after you with a shotgun. From there on, you're on your own.

It says motorcycle friendly, not motorcycle accessible.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    i have a little over a 1/4 mile of gravle driveway so my spyder is always dirty i dont like it but would not give up riding in the winter for any thing.

Spyder Garage

SpyderWolf, a good wash and she will be like new again! Although, I can't help but think a shock cover would have been nice .

for riding through it, good stuff!
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    This is what mine looked like when we went to Maggie Valley in September of 2009. We were supposed to stay in a log cabin that the owners said was motorcycle friendly. It ended up being a really steep hill climb in the mud, and a low rider Harley and new Suzuki Boulevard owner refused to attempt it. We ended up riding into town and finding a different place to stay.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just got back from a two- hour beautiful ride. Nice and sunny @ 35 degrees. Yes some salt dust on the road but dry. I can even taste the salt residue on my lips.
    I have decided I am not going to deprive myself from possibly 4 months of this kind of riding in Michigan. Heck that is one third of a year. I will be going out again as soon as I am done typing this post for a couple more hours, no idea where I am going!!!. Love it and that is why I bought my fun toy, not to admire it at a static mode for four months of winter I will spray it with warm water and dry it when I am done tomorrow. Who cares if it lasts 10 years with use, instead of 15 with little use. RIDE AND ENJOY WHENEVER YOU CAN. LIFE IS TOO SHORT. GOOD DAY TO YOU.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If I'm lucky I have 10 years to enjoy it and I'll be pushing daisys. I can ride it 12 months a year and that's what I plan on doing.
    Ride it, enjoy it, use it up, wear it out, get another one.

Spyder Garage

Dean, that was the one and only time so far that my Spyder has ever been to the power sprayer car wash. I was as careful as I could be with where I sprayed it with the high pressure, but really had no other choice at that point. It came off fairly easy using that method, along with the built in soap dispenser.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I have decided I am not going to deprive myself from possibly 4 months of this kind of riding in Michigan. Heck that is one third of a year. I will be going out again as soon as I am done typing this post for a couple more hours, no idea where I am going!!!.

I can ride it 12 months a year and that's what I plan on doing.
    Ride it, enjoy it, use it up, wear it out, get another one.

Dean, that was the one and only time so far that my Spyder has ever been to the power sprayer car wash. I was as careful as I could be with where I sprayed it with the high pressure, but really had no other choice at that point. It came off fairly easy using that method, along with the built in soap dispenser.
    Awesome, Michael!

Spyder Garage

I am thinking about riding my snowmobile 12 months out of the year

JK - have fun getting it dirty......I think cleaning is half the fun anways
    EXTREMELY HAPPY OWNER