Spyder Garage

Default A Honda Rune anyone?

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone in this forum has owned a Honda Rune? I saw one in jwfranklin's signature; Pm'd him and emailed him; Unfortunately with no response from him. I've been thinking about getting one, one of these days but would like input from anyone who owns one, has owned one, or knows someone who has one. Thanks. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Lamont

You're the man!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone in this forum has owned a Honda Rune? I saw one in jwfranklin's signature; Pm'd him and emailed him; Unfortunately with no response from him. I've been thinking about getting one, one of these days but would like input from anyone who owns one, has owned one, or knows someone who has one. Thanks. Jerry

I sent you a return PM the day I received it, never received an email

Wayne

Spyder Garage

Default There he is. :)

Hey JW, Thanks for the reply. Sometimes I have trouble getting PM's and emails from others via some of these web forums. May I ask you, do you still have the Rune? How do or did you like it? Thanks again for the reply. Jerry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes I like the Rune it sits now in the basement with the other bikes. The Rune is a special use bike, it was a Honda design exerise with few of the parts found on any other bike, even the tires were a special size. It is heavier than an HD Ultra, the dry weight is 811 pounds. It is a solo saddle bike no passenger seat or pegs. I beleive Corbin still makes a dual seat for it, but I heard for the few or have used it it bends the rear fender. Rivco used to make rear floorboards for it, they were about $500. I heard they had stopped making them. There is little aftermarket or Honda equipmant for it. as there were only about 3500 made. You have no storage, althought Corbin did make saddlebags for it. To be such a heavy bike it handles great. Planty of power with the revised 1800 goldwing engine. When these things were new in 04, and a few 05's They were almost $30,000. and apparently didn't sell very well. Until about a year ago you could find new ones still in the crate. I found mine in Jan, 08 at a dealer in NC. 16K, new in crate with full 3 year Honda Warranty. Now that all the new ones are gone. the used price has leveled out about 15 or 16K.

Wayne

Spyder Garage

Default honda rune

i have an 05, about 6k miles. black with chrome trim. still under warranty and for sale. let me know if you are interested. mrz.losgatos@verizon.net

Spyder Garage

Acually, there are still new ones out there. Check with Rick Case Honda in Ft Lauderdale FL

Spyder Garage

I'm sure the Runes are mechanically excellent. But the looks were so far out that they were pretty much a "love it or hate it" appearance. And, unfortunately for Honda, most people were in the latter category. (me too)
    Their DN-01 is destined for the same fate, I'm afraid. It's a shame, because it has quite a few very advanced mechanical features. It's also cursed with a very high MSRP for an 800cc machine.
    John Wells
    Hollidaysburg, PA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John in PA View Post
    It's also cursed with a very high MSRP for an 800cc machine.
    680cc , and it was way over priced.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of my 04. It has the Ultimate seat with backrest, and a Windvest windshield.

I've heard rumors about dealers having some new ones, that they have had on the floor for sometime, some since 04, that they are asking extremly high prices for. I know of one that was at the dealer in Marysville, Ohio with custom paint that they wanted over 32K for. don't know if they still have it or not. I looked at the Rick Case Honda site, saw some prior year models, but no Runes. I know Honda sold all the undamaged Runes in there warehouse at auction over a year ago. The CA models have been gone longer then that.

Wayne
    Last edited by jwfranklin; 02-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yea...

You got my mouth watering Wayne! Very nice ride!