Spyder Garage

Default What Global Warming???

Man global warming sucks...since all the discussion of it:

It has been freezing here, temperatures are lower than usual

It has snowed more than it has in a long time, this is the snow I remembered when I was a kid!!!!

Global warming sure is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everything never changes!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Where is Global Warming when you need it. Last Friday we got 4-6 inches of snow in Atlanta. and they predicted a dusting today. There is still snow in my back yard left from Friday. We have been averaging about 15 degrees below average.

Wayne

Spyder Garage

Our snowman has lost its head and is doing one heck of a back bend, but it is still there. The 4 foot tall snowball we made is still there as well, and my 7 year old son doesn't think it will ever melt.

High today is only supposed to reach 41 with an 80% chance of rain and possibly more snow. It has been a very long time since we have had weather like this in South Carolina.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Snow...

It's only 25 degrees here but it is very windy...so it doesn't even feel that warm. We aren't supposed to drive anywhere only emergency vehicles are supposed to be on the roads, the snow is blowing so hard you can't see! I've shoveled my driveway three times already in case I go to work tomorrow...it was cancelled today! Last week we had about 9 inches and a lot was still on the ground and today I think we have about 10 or 11...hard to tell with all the snow drifting everywhere! AND I'm bored to death!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    It's only 25 degrees here but it is very windy...so it doesn't even feel that warm. We aren't supposed to drive anywhere only emergency vehicles are supposed to be on the roads, the snow is blowing so hard you can't see! I've shoveled my driveway three times already in case I go to work tomorrow...it was cancelled today! Last week we had about 9 inches and a lot was still on the ground and today I think we have about 10 or 11...hard to tell with all the snow drifting everywhere! AND I'm bored to death!
    Being forced to stay inside does have its downside. After all, there is only so much sleeping and watching tv one can deal with.

The other night I thought about driving into town during the storm. However, when I reached the paved road I could not even see where the actual sides of the road were. I went about 2 miles and turned around. I figured I might be able to make it to town without too much trouble; however, could not trust the other knuckleheads that might be on the road at that same time.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

this winter up here in southern ontario has been great, snowblower hasn't moved, shoveled maybe 3 times, couple of inches at most. at this rate i figure i will be riding the in about a month!

Spyder Garage

Default I think....

Quote Originally Posted by qstick7 View Post
    this winter up here in southern ontario has been great, snowblower hasn't moved, shoveled maybe 3 times, couple of inches at most. at this rate i figure i will be riding the in about a month!
    I think we are getting your snow...want it back yet??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

no thanks, we canadians don't mine sharing our great weather, i read that 49 out of 50 states had snow 1 day last week. weird.

Spyder Garage

We've had a total accumulation of almost 7 feet this season. No trash pick up for 3 weeks...good thing I don't amass much and it's too cold for anything to smell! On top of that, I ran out of propane...no heat. Have to shovel out the access so they can deliver fuel tomorrow afternoon

Sure puts a crimp in the Spydering.
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
    We've had a total accumulation of almost 7 feet this season. No trash pick up for 3 weeks...good thing I don't amass much and it's too cold for anything to smell! On top of that, I ran out of propane...no heat. Have to shovel out the access so they can deliver fuel tomorrow afternoon

Sure puts a crimp in the Spydering.
    Running out of propane has to suck! How are you staying warm? I certainly hope you have an alternate form of heat.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qstick7 View Post
    Same here. Our winter has been pretty mild compared to years past. Only had to clear snow from the driveway 4 times this year and only heard of school closings on one day (which happened just last week).
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Same here. Our winter has been pretty mild compared to years past. Only had to clear snow from the driveway 4 times this year and only heard of school closings on one day (which happened just last week).
    Our winter here in the west-central part of the mitten has been pretty steady. Certainly less severe than last year's record breaker, but above average snowfall and a little cool. Funny how that works. We stand at a bit over five feet of snow for the winter so far, which is a little above our five foot average. To the west they are the same, even though Kalamazoo averages six feet a year, and the lakeshore 7-8 feet. Odd year! We almost never have more snow than those to our west.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Right now scientists are becoming skeptic.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ay-scientists/

Man global warming sucks...since all the discussion of it:

It has been freezing here, temperatures are lower than usual

It has snowed more than it has in a long time, this is the snow I remembered when I was a kid!!!!

Global warming sure is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Somewhere I heard...

Somewhere I heard it stated that we were slipping into a mini ice age, today I'm more inclined to believe that. Although, I think it is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

I found one link...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ng-scientists/

Spyder Garage

Yup and all this global warmer/global cooling is cyclical. It's been this way for millions of years.

Somewhere I heard it stated that we were slipping into a mini ice age, today I'm more inclined to believe that. Although, I think it is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

I found one link...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ng-scientists/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We have had 2 months of cold weather here in florida. It hasn't got up into the 70's since the 2nd week of December.
    happy owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwhatman View Post
    We have had 2 months of cold weather here in florida. It hasn't got up into the 70's since the 2nd week of December.
    I am seriously hoping it warms up before I head to your neck of the woods on March 4.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!