Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Call from Carlo's boss

Hi Everyone,
    Just got off the phone about 1/2 hour ago on a conference call with Carlo, Lamont and Carlo's boss, Ghislain Cossette. I have to tell you, I was impressed. Now, keep in mind, they are not the engineers, or the company CEO's but they do honestly care about the Spyder Customers. These guys are in customer service for a reason. Ghislain asked extensive questions about my experience and the problems I had with my spyder and the extended down time. They asked about back ordered parts, customer concerns regarding the DPS, dealer customer interaction and a whole lot of other stuff. Remember now, in corporate, nothing moves fast, but I can tell you, BRP is moving on behalf of the customer. A few things I got out of this conversation is that the shortage of parts and back ordering of parts will not be a problem this year, that concern had been addressed and is a priority. Repairs on spyders should not take over 2 weeks at your dealer, even major repairs, if it is, call Carlo or customer service, something else is probably going on. The DPS issue is not being ignored, and as a matter of fact if your spyder is in right now for replacement of the DPS, they are in stock. The idea that a dealer may be holding an order until it is large enough for free shipping does not really fly. For instance, there is not shipping cost to the dealer for ordering a DPS unit. They are looking for better ways to communicate with the dealer and the mechanics themselves. Often times, as many of us have discovered, we seem to know more about the spyder and any issues than the dealers do. Better networking ideas are being worked on and maybe even trying to get more dealer involved on the forums. Hopefully, in the next few weeks there will be an announcement as to when this years BRP owners event will be held, not even a hint was given on that. I can't even confirm that there is one, I just asked when it was for the sake of vacation, and was told they hope to be able to have an announcement in the next couple weeks or so.

Over the years, with all the vehicles I have owned, other than a customer survey, I have never had this much personal contact with the manufacturer of a product. Sure, dealers have called and checked on me but never the company directly. The Spyder is a very small niche market right now and for a corporation to spend this kind of time and money and resources relating directly to the customer says a lot. Also, for those of you that don't think BRP is reading the forums, they are. Various times, there were people's posts that were referenced to regarding this issue or that issue. No they do not post themselves here and no they can not answer every issue. But they are aware of the amount of concern and dissatisfaction that people have had regarding their spyders and some of the issues. These things are not being ignored folks. But you can not expect the customer service or marketing guys to be able to give you the answers on the technical issues. There are proper channels for all this to go through. I know some have lost the faith, I for one have not. Yes, I wavered there for a moment with my spyder being gone so long, but my faith has been restored. I also think a lot of the issue that some have with BRP is misguided or misdirected. I think the actual issue can be with the dealer who may in turn be using BRP as a scapegoat.

Lamont can add to this post or correct me here if I got anything wrong or left anything out. It was a long conversation and I am sure I missed something.

I just wanted everyone here to know, BRP is working for us and is customer friendly, but we live in a hurry up world and nothing ever gets done fast enough.

If I sound like a BRP Cheerleader, than so be it. I have always loved my spyder, I still do and now that I have it back, I just want the snow to go away so I can ride it. I am proud to be a BRP Ambassador and will continue to sing it's praises. Yes, I will be honest, and mention any issues, but I will also be honest and mention the intent to fix those issues and make things right.

Sorry this is so long and I know there are people that will not agree with me, I am not here to change anyone's mind, only to relay my personal experience.
    Last edited by dltang; 02-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Hi and Cheers from Newfoundland!

I would like to thank you for passing these positive remarks along, sharing them and your experiences with us. I'm sure more then myself ( now a valued and compassionate Spyder owner) will thank you, also.

To this topic, I would like to add, that I have talked with Carlo a couple times on the phone now, as he has called me directly in order to help answer some of the questions I've had while I was just a potential Spyder customer. Now, being a Spyder owner, I've gotten a follow-up call from him to some additional questions I've had. It is great to get this kind of support directly from BRP.

Thank you Carlos, thank you dltang for sharing, and Lamont (for also answering some of my questions) for this forum. I'm in it for the long haul, with you guys!

Cheers from chilly Newfoundland.
    Ryde Safe.
    Dean (aka groundeffect)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very happy to hear this. I truly hope BRP finds the DPS problem and sends mail to everyone with a Spyder telling us what was found and how it was corrected. I still and will continue to have reservations about the reliability and safety of the units until I see the root cause of the steering problems. If nothing else, it gave me a reason to trade up to the RTS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There are cheerleaders and fearleaders and it all depends on what your experience has been with the Spyder. For you to be a cheerleader after your trying experience says a lot about you. Thanks for sharing, even though some will just call it corporate lip service.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Deb for sharing the info!!
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Spyder Garage

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

Won't please everyone I'm sure - but I find this kind of interaction with the end user to be a good reason to CHEER ---- not FEAR.

I commend you for your patience and respect for BRP. Most of us would have gone postal on them by now if we went through what you did.

Next time ask them if they can do something about this SNOW !

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I for one have been "laying low" in the forum cause I always seem to lean on the positive side of the Spyder. Its nice to hear good news and am pleased to be able to chime in with a big Thank's to Deb for the upbeat report.

Best point I took from the report is BRP is addressing dealer education, I have always felt that has been the weak link.

Thanks, Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

That is good to hear Deb. I know you have been through a lot and it was nice to see BRP give you the respect of a phone call. They didn't have to do that, not many company's would have.
    As you know I love snowmobiling and I ride BRP products. They have given me years of unsurpassed reliability. When the Spyder came out it was a no brainer for me.
    But reading this forum and seeing the problems some people had, and what sometimes looked like indifference from BRP, I was beginning to wonder about them.
    Thanks for sharing, it made me feel better about the company whose products I love to ride.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Next time ask them if they can do something about this SNOW !
    As in the lack of?
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think it's great you had conference call. Sounds like they took good care of you so far.

cheers

Spyder Garage

I'm upset, where is my call. Mine has been at the dealer for this dps deal for 14 weeks and I didnt hear from everybody.
    sHANE

2008 SM5 Full Moon
    6 Spoke rims with wheel trim kit, Hindle exhaust, F1 EVO Slide windshield,
    Evoluzione Swaybar, Anti-vibe bar weights, 1" brp riser, Spider anti-vibe grips, Pyle series speakers w/200 watt amp.
    SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Deb . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post
    Best point I took from the report is BRP is addressing dealer education, I have always felt that has been the weak link.

Thanks, Jim

Good to hear, Deb. I have to confess that I find the bad experiences and attitudes confusing. My experiences with BRP have been very good. I had the "steering issue" and they were 100% on it - I cannot imagine how they could have been any better.

Your (and Brian's) service experience was also a mystery to me - though, given my old shop, I could see that happening - glad that is over for you.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stgilmer View Post
    I'm upset, where is my call. Mine has been at the dealer for this dps deal for 14 weeks and I didnt hear from everybody.
    Call Carlo. He has been a man of his word to me, and got Nancy's Spyder repairs moving, and he got Deb's dealer blasted off his can, so hers is done. I suspect your delays. like Deb's, had more to to with the dealer than BRP. In any case, Carlo seems to be able to get things moving. Give hime a chance to be true to his promise and do his job.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Good to hear!!!
    I have had 14 BRP products since 1989 and they always stood by their product! One time one of my skies had a problem 3 years after warranty BUT there had been a bulletin out sometime about the problem and my service manager fixed it for FREE.
    A LOT depends on your Service Department!!!!! If I call them for a BRP part on Monday the part is in BY Thursday!!
    If you have problems with your Service department find another one FAST!
    Now "Be Gone!" with the snow so we can ride!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Communication

This is a very positive note. It just goes to show that lack of communication always breeds ill will and most issues can be mitigated through proper communication.

Michael

WE DON'T QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE QUIT PLAYING

Spyder Garage

Deb thank you i dont care if some people call it lip service or not what matters is BRP is watching and listening and i feel they honestly do care and another reason i say this because all the people that have called carlos and always got some kind of response.

Jedd good for you about being positive that is what we need here. Yes we do need to know about the bad things too and not hide them either but still need to keep the mood here upbeat and positive.

Roger

Spyder Garage

That's good to hear!

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Call Carlo. He has been a man of his word to me, and got Nancy's Spyder repairs moving, and he got Deb's dealer blasted off his can, so hers is done. I suspect your delays. like Deb's, had more to to with the dealer than BRP. In any case, Carlo seems to be able to get things moving. Give hime a chance to be true to his promise and do his job.
    Thanks Scotty, I'm good, mine is supposedly fixed waiting to have it towed to me, delayed due to weather. Should be in my yard next week. GA has Snow!

I think mine has been in so long because the parts took soo long to get here. My dealer and Carlo have done what they were supposed to do.

If I think it is permanently fixed is a different conversation. I suppose there will be a update to do later on.
    Last edited by stgilmer; 02-12-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    sHANE

2008 SM5 Full Moon
    6 Spoke rims with wheel trim kit, Hindle exhaust, F1 EVO Slide windshield,
    Evoluzione Swaybar, Anti-vibe bar weights, 1" brp riser, Spider anti-vibe grips, Pyle series speakers w/200 watt amp.
    SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

You need to call Carlo or shoot Lamont an email to forward to Carlo ASAP, this sounds like a dealer issue not a BRP issue after my phone conversation today. 14 weeks for a DPS is unacceptable since I was just told today, they have them in stock at BRP.

Spyder Garage

Hey Deb,

Thanks for posting about your long phone call. I am impressed and hopeful it indicates some real interest in us as customers. I have had only good experience with the dealer I bought from, and can only speak from that experience. They have been very interested in doing right by me. To have the company doing the same would be fantastic. I just wish I could be riding. Too dern much snow here in MN!!
    Happy SM5 Owner
    Mods: Evoluzione PowerBus & air filter, sway bar, Kewl adjustable risers, highway pegs, back rack, Givi trunk & side bags, Crampbuster, Heatroller, Autocom intercom & 2 way radio, McCruise cruise control, No Magic Triple Play brake lights, fender tip & mud flap lights, Givi bag lights,
    mirror extensions, Russell Day-Long Saddle, C.H.A.D., Oxford heated grips.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting that information Deb. As others have stated, I believe it is a very big move on the part of BRP Customer Service to have contacted you like that. Most corporations in todays world would never take the time to personally contact 1 consumer like that.

As for the weather problem, it is currently snowing here in South Carolina!!!! What the heck is up with that?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Db for the update!!

You have been through alot..Brian has been throug alot..and I have...well a new spyder in a '08 body!!! I can't wait for ryding season!! I have put less than 1000 miles on it since my repairs.

I knew there were chances of things going wrong when I bought a totally knew innovative machine from BRP. With all the things that went wrong I feel that my Dealer and BRP have made everything right and in a timely manner.

My problems were just not at the right time for me!!

I have now bought a new bushtec trailer----there was no claw hammer that came with it!!

take care, ride safe
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Spyderwoman View Post
    Thanks Db for the update!!

You have been through alot..Brian has been throug alot..and I have...well a new spyder in a '08 body!!! I can't wait for ryding season!! I have put less than 1000 miles on it since my repairs.

I knew there were chances of things going wrong when I bought a totally knew innovative machine from BRP. With all the things that went wrong I feel that my Dealer and BRP have made everything right and in a timely manner.

My problems were just not at the right time for me!!

I have now bought a new bushtec trailer----there was no claw hammer that came with it!!

take care, ride safe
    When I see you remind me to buy you that very special "Claw Hammer" accessory.

Spyder Garage

Glad u got your spyder back. Now winter needs to move on so the riding can begin!!
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Spyder Garage

EXTREMELY HAPPY OWNER

Alignment Specialist bone crusher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Deb,

I spoke with Carlo at some length 2 weeks ago and it was a very nice conversation. He was very cordial and advised me to contact him should I ever have a problem (hopefully I won't but you never know). I like the fact that he looked me up and contacted me. He is a very good representative of BRP...they are lucky to have him...his job is not easy right now. I look forward to BRP solving this issue once and for all so everyone will be happy.

Do you think there is any chance that Carlo can give us some global warming in MD as we have about 3-4 feet of snow on the ground? I just got back from skiing out west and there's more snow here than out there...argh! Thank goodness my neighbor cleaned part of my driveway for me...phew!
    Bone Crusher
    If you work to make money, you'll never be happy, as there's never enough money...if you work to take good care of people, the money will always be there....Sean O'Connell, 1999