Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance for the RT

Well,

Allstate said that they wont insure the RT. They said for me to try Progressive Insurance.

anyone else run into this with Allstate Insuance?

Westgl

Spyder Garage

Default Allstate Question

They told me in December they would. I am going to sign paperwork at the dealer this morning and will go to Allstate first and let you know. Lonnie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My RT-S is covered by Allstate. Premium is about $750/year.

Fred
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I have a 2009 SE5 and a Yamaha 125 insured with Allstate and it runs me about $28 a month.
    2018 F3 , Red

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

Called my agent. RT insurance costs the same as my RS inurance=$305/yr. This is Progressive ins..

Spyder Garage

I have AAA and the premium is $632 a year with 100 comp /1000 collision deductibles and 250/500/100 liability limits in Los Angeles CA.

Also no accidents and either one or no tickets can't remember if it fell off yet.

however unless your comparing apples to apples on coverage liability limits and deductibles, it's sort of meaningless.

I got a discount because I took a motorcycle safety course, i will also get a discount when I add the scorpion theft alarm. vehicle is garaged I am over 29 years old (barely)
    multiple vehicle discount and homeowners insurance.

I also read the safety card before starting each time

Last edited by TicketBait; 02-12-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ins premium $ update

Spyder Garage

A lot depends on the agent. I'm with Allstate, with the MSF course and making sure my GS is listed as a "tour-sport" motorcycle, my premiums are under 300.

john

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance for the RT

Well,

It's strange that Allstate wont insure it, I have them for my three Goldwings, and my Suzuki 650 cycle, my 6 cars, two trucks, two hot-rods, & home owners insurance.

I just received an e-mail that my it's a Blue RT-SE5 is leaving the factory this coming Monday, they don't know if the trailer is on the same shipment yet.

I guess I better start checking with Progressive.

Thanks for a quick response

westgl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    I also read the safety card before starting each time

Wow! Look at all those words! That's very interesting. The safety card on my GS only has pictures!

I have everything else insured with Allstate, but went with Progressive on the 2 Spyders we have. Even with the home and 3 cars on our current policy, the Allstate discount was not a discount to me.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I cannot provided any information on Allstate but we were able to get coverage for the RT-SE5 with a trailer with Progressive.
    We live in Illinois and our insurance coverage including our KLR-650 and TW-200 is with Pekin Insurance but they would not insure the RT.

Spyder Garage

Default Allstate quote

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenc454 View Post
    They told me in December they would. I am going to sign paperwork at the dealer this morning and will go to Allstate first and let you know. Lonnie
    Talked to my agent today in San Jose and the quote (which is never the same as the actual bill I get) is lower for the RT and trailer than my 2007 Harley Screaming Eagle FlHT so we are happy at this point.

Our agent's account rep is from OR and worked for Allstate there and said some agents make the decision not to cover and others don't deal with motorcycles often and don't look up the correct information.

She suggested that you call another Allstate agent in the area or one of the bigger communities nearby and go through them.

Lonnie

RT-S PE-0108
    Spyder Garage

Got my RT-S PE with Trailer on Sat Feb 06, and Allstate insured it and the Trailer on Mon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I went with Esurance just because Erin is sooo cute..LOL
    Actually, they beat Progressive, State Farm and Geico in price and coverage
    100 a year more than the RS for a total of 500 per year, full coverage with replacement coverage, accessory coverage and safety equipment ( jacket,helmet) coverage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    I went with Esurance just because Erin is sooo cute..LOL
    Actually, they beat Progressive, State Farm and Geico in price and coverage
    100 a year more than the RS for a total of 500 per year, full coverage with replacement coverage, accessory coverage and safety equipment ( jacket,helmet) coverage
    $500 per year sounds like a very good price. I may have to check out Esurance as well now. I currently have both 09 Spyders insured with Progressive.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Progressive insurance?

I called two local Progressive Insurance offices, both said,

No! they will not cover it. Then I called the main Progressive office(Not a local office) They said it wasn't listed at first.

I then asked them to look it up as a Can Am Spyder, it came right up.

The first time I asked them to quote a BRP Spyder, they could not find this at any of the four different insurance offices.

Progressive is $736 that includes the trailer, without the trailer it was about a $100.00 less.

I'am cover lightly, but not buried.

I am going to go on a long ride tomorrow.

Westgl

Spyder Garage

Default Allstate Insurance

$580 with trailer and high limits but no medical for us since we have other insurance. Lonnie

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

Westgl;
    I talked to my agent and she informed me that my trailer was considered an accessory, which is covered for up to $3000 without a premium increase. This is Progressive insurance.

RT-S PE#0279
    Spyder Garage

For those of us 50 and older, I went to the AARP site where they have a sponsored ad by Formost insurance. I am not a member of AARP, and my quote for the RT and trailer with high deductable was $404.00 per year. You might check it out. WWW.aarpforemost.com/motorcycle/ Tom N

Spyder Garage

Default Ins.

We live in Texas our ins. is $700 Prograessive told me its cause was collision coverage they state minor front end coll. will result in frame damage and a total loss. This does cover the trailer, we are 46 yrs. old no violations multiple discounts, not happy with price my Venture $300 yr. Oh Well!
    Last edited by syclemom; 02-20-2010 at 02:36 PM.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

I am with American Family, about 30 a month with 100/300/100, guest rider med, and PIP for 5000 with 500 deductibles. 53 year old no tickets/accds with additional car and home insured and an umbrella over all of them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredace View Post
    My RT-S is covered by Allstate. Premium is about $750/year.
    Holy cow .... that's as expensive as a car. Ins for my SM5 is only $350 full coverage and less now I suspended for the winter.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Being in Taxachusetts, they wont even allow Allstate, Geico or some others from offering motorcycle insurance. The rates are sky high and confusing.

I do hear Progrssive has great rates, but dont get into an accident as they have an extremely lousy claim process. The dont like to pay out.

I went with Commerce Ins, but had to fight to get the premium lowered to the RMV valuation.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had my 08 SM5 with Foremost getting the HOG discount at $372 a year and thought this was pretty good. I switched my car and house to American Family Insurance because Allstate kept raising year to year. I asked about bundling in my bike insurance and was told that like every other insurance company I checked with I would not get a multi vehicle discount since the bike insurance company was a different company. They then gave me the quote on the Spyder $278 a year. The Foremost gave a $3500 accessory rider free. AFM did not but my agent put on a separate rider just for me included in the price. Since I was also paying $40.00 to maintain my Hog membership this was a savings of $134 a year. It pays to check around. Of course I have 40 years of riding with only one claim for a stolen bike back in 1972. A lot depends on your credit rating, years in the saddle, age etc.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DannyS View Post
    I had my 08 SM5 with Foremost getting the HOG discount at $372 a year and thought this was pretty good. I switched my car and house to American Family Insurance because Allstate kept raising year to year. I asked about bundling in my bike insurance and was told that like every other insurance company I checked with I would not get a multi vehicle discount since the bike insurance company was a different company. They then gave me the quote on the Spyder $278 a year. The Foremost gave a $3500 accessory rider free. AFM did not but my agent put on a separate rider just for me included in the price. Since I was also paying $40.00 to maintain my Hog membership this was a savings of $134 a year. It pays to check around. Of course I have 40 years of riding with only one claim for a stolen bike back in 1972. A lot depends on your credit rating, years in the saddle, age etc.
    My dealer recommended agent got me Foremost at $480 which includes towing/roadside asst. with like $500 for any motel or other costs if your stuck out of state!
    I do have a Perfect driving record and extremely high credit score.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    My dealer recommended agent got me Foremost at $480 which includes towing/roadside asst. with like $500 for any motel or other costs if your stuck out of state!
    I do have a Perfect driving record and extremely high credit score.
    If you get the B.E.S.T. it includes roadside and towing. Dunno if that is still the case or they changed it.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS