Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Talking MY RS 2010 SM5 Quantum Blue (first 32km) :)

My First 32km on the Spyder!
    It was pretty cold, but I had to get out for a ryde!!

Engine:
    In traffic, even at 23F (-6C) ambient temperature, the engine heat meter touched the 5 block mark - I looked down to my right, sure enough the fan had kicked in. I then watched it turn off and the meter drop back to 4 bars. On the highway (110km/hr), meter dropped back to three bars on the cluster.

Wow, this machine has serious power, which I think, deserves respect. I will travel lightly on the throttle.

Handling:
    It's different then a motorcycle, that's for darn sure.
    Any tips on how YOU push on the opposite (outside in a turn) pegs when in a turn to hold on and keep you up?

Braking: Yeah, they work… and well! Good stopping power.

Style: In a parking lot I caught a glimpse of my reflection ridding in front of a store window. Wow, this thing is futuristic !!!!

Here in Newfoundland, the rain has been coming pretty heavy the last week - yes I said rain, not snow! So, the rain has actually washed away most of the road salt and I was VERY HAPPY about that. Regardless, I got home and decided to wash her anyways (mostly the under belly and the wheels, rear end, etc…). I thought I got some curious and funny looks while riding, and parked at red lights. However, I did get quite a few in the drive way, in the middle of winter, washing down a futuristic three motorcycle. Oh well. he-he.

No photos this time… still waiting for the sun.

As I understand it, I own the FIRST Quantum Blue & 2010 RS Spyder in Newfoundland.

Thoughts/Tips/Suggestions/Comments?

Cheers and Ryde Safe!
    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by groundeffect; 02-04-2010 at 06:53 PM.