Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Attatching Tail Bags

I'm planning my first big trip with my wife, 7 - 10 days. I bought the Spyder sport rack and passenger backrest. Does any one have any tips on securing a decent size tail bag to the backrest..

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Not much room to work with back there, with the backrest attached. First thing you have to do is use a very rigid bag, or limit the size, so it will not hang down over the taillights. The BRP rack bag is a rigid variety, but the width is limited and I don't think it will work with the backrest in place. One of the upright, "sissy-bar" bags might work. Those usually have their own attachment straps. You might also try a Seal-Line bag or Helen2Wheels bag set on end. The Helen2Wheels has loops to run your attachment straps through, so it wouldn't be able to fall off. For attaching these bags I like the Helen2Wheels straps, RokStraps, or Piggy-Back Straps. You should be able to run them around the backrest stalk, and maybe the back part of the passenger grips.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimmar View Post
    I'm planning my first big trip with my wife, 7 - 10 days. I bought the Spyder sport rack and passenger backrest. Does any one have any tips on securing a decent size tail bag to the backrest..
    I use a large Nelson Riggs Bag. I had to make a foam shelf to go over the backrest, to make it level. It worked out great, I was on the road for three weeks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Seal-Line gets my vote. Available at sporting good stores and are 100% waterproof. They also come in bright color to add a touch of visability.
    I use an extra large bright yellow one and have had it for years.
    I gotta agree with previous poster though. Not much room to work with and dont block the tail light.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimmar View Post
    Jimmar

Here are a couple of old photos of my Spyder with a small Nelson-Rigg roll bag on the BRP sport rack.

I just noticed that N-R has added a Spyder tank bag,

so you might even drop those folks an email since they have started to focus on us, they might be able to recommend one of their products that fits OK....Real fine customer service over there; good returns policy, too.

Spyder Garage

Best straps that I have ever used for holding stuff on

LINK STRAPS.

Google it to see. not the cheapest but in my opinion worth it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's a nice bag!

Try a Google search for: Bikers Friend. They have rigid bags in many different sizes. Find thier site and read the info. Also they have nice videos.

John