Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ya whatever.......

i aint no BRP chimp.

I get my bike back from getting the steering fixed and tranny checked "supposedly" and my tranny still slips. So that means bing it back come spring time, cost me money again, wait wait wait again for who knows how long this time.. And to boot they didnt even put my bike together properly. I had to do that my self the other day. Great techs they got there at BRP... Laughable.

I often wondered why I seen so many 2nd hand spyders for sale with low mileage and I have a good feeling I know why. A good handful from here have ditched the trouble proned spyder, I dont blame them. I have no alternative on something else to ride so Im stuck with it.

is a 50/50 chance of getting a perfect spyder if you buy one. Thats how i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not a problem....there are thousands who WILL recommend it.

Spyder Garage

Well, I knew I had to be one of the younger Spyder Ryders out there being 25. It's my first bike, never even sat on one until I took the class. Which I took after seeing a Spyder in my hometown of Sheboygan- I just HAD to have one! And its probably the most fun toy I own!

Hoping to have many, many years of ryding, and it looks like there are plenty of 'experienced' bikers if I have any questions!

Spyder Garage

Default riding in the rain!

60 when I bought the spyder 1 year ago next month. Rode dirt bike and quads - never a street machine. Best features for me is that is great for 2 up touring and stable on wet - twisty roads.
    When life throws you a curve - aim for the apex.

Spyder Garage

Was 59 when I bought my . Sold my second BSA in 1977 and after 32 years, riding never got out of my blood. For me riding the Spyder is safer than walking, since I have tipping over problem amongst a few other's. The day after getting my Spyder I was in the hospital, not because of the Spyder but, because of a partially clogged artery that required 3 stints and and a few days later, I needed a pacemaker. Now at 60 yrs. young, I feel great and I am having a blast riding this Spyder. I feel like that 15 year old kid, that found a 1948 BSA at a barn sale in CT, in 1965.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

69 when I got it and will be 71 in three days. Been on two wheels since Aug. 1954 and had mostly trikes since Oct. 1996. Love my Spyder and I ride every chance I get. It was not cheap but a lot cheaper hjan a headshrinker, so I am happy.

Super Senior Member
    Spyder Garage

65 years LOVE IT BEST $$$$$ ever spent

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ferno View Post
    Ya whatever.......

i aint no BRP chimp.

I get my bike back from getting the steering fixed and tranny checked "supposedly" and my tranny still slips. So that means bing it back come spring time, cost me money again, wait wait wait again for who knows how long this time.. And to boot they didnt even put my bike together properly. I had to do that my self the other day. Great techs they got there at BRP... Laughable.

I often wondered why I seen so many 2nd hand spyders for sale with low mileage and I have a good feeling I know why. A good handful from here have ditched the trouble proned spyder, I dont blame them. I have no alternative on something else to ride so Im stuck with it.

is a 50/50 chance of getting a perfect spyder if you buy one. Thats how i see it.
    Well, we all see it differently I suppose. But I'm hoping we don't have any BRP Chimps around here!

So your dealership doesn't know how to put a Spyder together. That is a shame. And if they didn't fix it the 1st time why do you have to pay again for the same service? Sounds like job security to me.

There was a poll here that the last time I saw it about 85% had never had more than a minor issue with their Spyder. Another 9% or so had only 1 major issue and the remaining 6% had enrountered more than 1 major issue.

That appears to be a better than 50/50.

I think many of the "Ditched" Spyders are due to people getting nervous because someone else was having issues. Makes no sense to me but hey, ride what makes you feel good.

It's been documented that winning the Lotto ruins about 80% of the people who receive all that money. But you don't see people "Ditching" the lotto. People line up and pay over and over just to take an 8 in 10 chance that they will be ruined!

Sometimes it's all in the perspective.

I am sorry you are having problems. But it sounds like it's as much the dealer's fault as anything else. Maybe you should ditch the dealer and keep the Spyder....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Well, we all see it differently I suppose. But I'm hoping we don't have any BRP Chimps around here!
    Might have some trunk monkeys though.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y[/ame]

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't remember ... 57?
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

60....Here's what I like about the Spyder: the speed, the agility, the looks, the safety, and the fact I can go out and have a couple of beers and wings and bring home a few wings for momma in the bonnet.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was 59

Spyder Garage

62 - June 2009, and she's always going to be an around town toy. Can't compare to my Valk on the road...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

bought it at 49, two months shy of my 50th. as a present for myself due to a work accident 5yrs ago, no longer able to ride a 2 wheeler, but after 8k kms. would not want another 2 wheeler

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

41 years. Only was able to put on 200 miles before winter hit. Looking forward to spring!!

Spyder Garage

35 when I picked up my and got back on the road.

Had dirt bikes for years growing up and bought a Honda Magna 750 at 18. A year later some douche cut me off and I laid her down at about 60 mph and decided I was done with 2 wheels after that.

I used to watch you folks drive by with envious eyes for 16 years and then I saw the Spyder. Daddy is back!!
    J

Mods -
    TBR Dual polished, Juice Box, Robobracket/MadStad wind shield, Kuraykan ISO grips, Throttle Boss, and Kewl-Metal Helmet lock ends, Kewl-Metal Mirror extensions, Evoluzione Power Bus & Sway Bar, Green perfromance filter, wrapped pipes, Spyder Passenger bag, Full Gerbing heated/armored suit, Gerbing gloves and insoles, Ball bearings in the bars, pigtail for heated gear, spring for trunk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZRCAT600 View Post
    41 years. Only was able to put on 200 miles before winter hit. Looking forward to spring!!

where are you at in MN? was riding up until the day before chrismas, my spyder got stuck down in florida with some minor engine work, right now there is freezing rain up here in dirt town so I don't think I would have rode tomorrow but yeah, it does pretty well in the snow and cold, just don't try to ride without the ride gear and/or over an half an hour straight.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Hi Seth,

45 back in February of '09.

David
    David
    McKinney, TX

Spyder Garage

I bought mine at 43, and am still 43 right now; however, I think I will start turning the clock back on my next birthday as the Spyder makes me feel pretty young again.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ya whatever.......

i aint no BRP chimp.

what dealer did this? if they are so bad pls. post the name for us other ontario riders i have no problems with my dealer!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was 63 when I got it.
    I am 65 now.
    I could best describe the experience as phenomenal.
    Here is a old and new picture
    best viewed with Ozzy Osborn singing "Going Through Changes" in the background.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qstick7 View Post
    what dealer did this? if they are so bad pls. post the name for us other ontario riders i have no problems with my dealer!
    Ya whatever.......

i aint no BRP chimp.

what dealer was it? still waiting for your answer!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default How old were you

I was 52 when we decicded to get the Spyder. We had owned a Goldwing for some time and decided to go for something "SAFER'" trikes did NOT have what we were looking for, the Spyder did and still does.

I do think that one dude does, as Lamonster suggested, has a trunk monkey problem. Thanks! Enjoyed the video Lamont

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Lamonster;173932]Might have some trunk monkeys though. [QUOTE]

That's what that thing is, I wondered it wasn't in the owner's or service manual and I wasn't sure. I haven't needed a monkey since my sidehack days.

I was 58 when I purchased a used 2008 SM5 a few months back, now 59. I saw one about a year ago outside the comedy club I was performing at. I talked to the guy riding it when he came back. Even though he was arrogantand rather snobby, I bought one when I was needing a new toy. I've been in the motorcycle industry since 1969 and owned probably close to 300 bikes, currently have 4 besides the Spyder.
    The only thing I see that may be a long term issue is all the computer crap. Keep it simple..and that ain't it. I've only put a few hundred on it since it arrived (15 degree day it arrived I suited up and took it down the road) and have no problems that look to be from an engineering standpoint. I can tell you that there is NO perfect bike..or anything. I usually keep the ones I like a long time. I just celebrated my 30th anniversary with my '77wing and treated it to a complete ground up refurbishing, of course it has been upgraded at least 6 times in that period. I've owned my '65 Marusho since '69..it was my first demo. I've upgraded it probably15 times and it is currently undergoing another. From my short exposure so far, I can see me updating this for about 30 years.
    I also have 2 '70 Boss 302 Mustangs I have owned since the early 70s... so I usually pick the stuff that stays.
    Did I say I was 59...I don't believe me.
    Last edited by woodz428; 01-24-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

I was 43.

Got mine June 26th 2009. And road it to the onwers event in Losa Angeles.

The next Day I road it to the second day of the owners event and won $250 gift certificate for CAN-AM stuff.

Had a great day riding up in the canyons with the group. Spyder rode great handled great. Was very happy that day that I had purchased a .

Spyder Garage

I was 54 years young. Purchased in April of '09.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"