Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Comfort Seat

Can anyone pass on their views on the BRP Comfort Seat. Are they worth getting, and are they more comfortable than the stock seat. There are a few going on e-bay at the moment and was considering getting one. Your views would be appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can only compare it with the stock seat, but yes it is way more comfortable and looks nicer also. More of a flater profile than the padded barrel.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpybob View Post
    Can anyone pass on their views on the BRP Comfort Seat. Are they worth getting, and are they more comfortable than the stock seat. There are a few going on e-bay at the moment and was considering getting one. Your views would be appreciated.
    I bought one after we had ridden 2-3 thousand miles on the stock seat. My wife thinks that it is a great improvement; as far as I am concerned it is more comfortable with better padding and support, plus it looks loads better. As far as the cost is concerned, it probably is to expensive, but I have never bought an accessory for any motorcycle that wasn't.

Michael

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, it is definitely an improvement over stock, and it looks really nice. That said, my butt still hurts after a few hours (it only took about an hour on the stock seat).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Much better riding position and you sit more in the Spyder than sliding on top of it. I did a few longer rides with it and the comfort is a big plus also.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Tough question...varieties of cabooses almost rival the number of fingerprints out there. We are all so different! My wife loves her comfort seat. It moved her up and back a little, easing her seating position. It does lock you in to one place, however, so she could not reach the bars as readily, and we had to add ESI handlebar risers. She thinks it is a great improvement, although she didn't mind the stock seat. For me, it is not so good. I thought the stock seat was one of the most comfortable I have ever ridden. The comfort seat does not fit my backside. I do like the lateral support, which helps a lot in turns, but I cannot ride as long without squirming and hurting. If I hadn't bought an RT-S, I would have opted for an AirHawk pad as a supplement. I also find Corbin seats horribly uncomfortable, although many swear by them.

I don't know any way to go, other than taking the plunge and hoping for the best. That is, unless you can find someone who has one to sit on and try out. A few folks bought them after they sat on Nancy's. Most people seem very pleased with the comfort seat, I'm just not built quite right for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am trying to figure this out myself, not sure if I should go with Corbin or the BRP seat.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I chose to go with Corbin seats. Just had them installed last week. Very comfortable, beautiful and I think add to ones stability on the spyder. Very pricy though. $1,235. for front, back and a backrest with a color matched glovebox.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Can't say anything bad about the comfort seat it was a big difference compared to the stock seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gg09 View Post
    I am trying to figure this out myself, not sure if I should go with Corbin or the BRP seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvengineer View Post
    I chose to go with Corbin seats. Just had them installed last week. Very comfortable, beautiful and I think add to ones stability on the spyder. Very pricy though. $1,235. for front, back and a backrest with a color matched glovebox.
    I bought the Comfort seat.

I think you get what you pay for with it. The improvement over stock is noticable both in looks and riding. If $$ were no issue I would have gone with the Corbin, and gotten more comfort and looks for more dollars.

In this one the wallet ruled my choice, but I'm happy with what I got for what I spent.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In comparing the comfort seat to the stock seat, for me it is much better. The comfort seat being firmer, it absolves one of the feeling of sitting on a beach ball.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I also have the comfort seat and it is much more comfortable for me than the stock seat was. The extra, firmer, padding helps a lot as I am no longer feeling the shell of the seat after an hour or so of riding. I also like the higher back support of the drivers saddle along with the non-slip surfaces along the inside of your legs on the front of the seat.

I also think they are a bit pricey, and have seen them offered on EBay all day long for $380 plus shipping. Unfortunately the dealer we use is going out of business and selling everything in the store at huge discounts now. Lucky for me though, they were willing to remove the comfort seat from a Phantom Spyder they sold to a wholesaler and replace it with the stock seat. I ended up getting the comfort seat for $260. Of course they did not have any more of them available either.

Spyder Garage

The comfort seat was the 1st thing I bought. The only issue I have with it is that it's still fairly slick and I tend to slide in the corners. My prev. trike has a velour type (Diamond) seat and I never moved on that one. I got mine on ebay for a pretty good price and am glad I did it. I'll solve the sliding somehow.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought the comfort seat on Ebay for $300. I first wanted a Corbin Seat, but after my neighbor had issues w/ his, and meeting a few ryders at Spyders in the Smokies and them telling me their Corbin was as hard as a rock, I opted for the comfort seat. I waited about a month on ebay before I saw 3 listed at $300. I was the only bidder on the second auction

My wallet was more comfortable with my purchase of the comfort seat as opposed to the Corbin too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Can't say anything bad about the comfort seat it was a big difference compared to the stock seat
    I really liked the comfort seat. Absolutely no issues arose on long trips. It was great.

Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat

Tried the comfort seat and liked it, tried Deb's and her husbands Russell seat at Lamonte's BBq and loved it. Bought the dual with driver backrest, no tailbone pressure at all and with a bad back like mine, I am a prime example of what feels good on the tail bone and back, highly recommend,Rusell has money back gurantee and will rebuild 2 times to make it right if not satisfied, if I had sent them a butt print, they could not have done better.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for you opinions on the comfort seat. I think I'll wait awhile and see if I can get a better deal on e-bay later. It's the shipping charges to Australia that's the killer. Plus the fact that I'm a tight ars*.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just a word of caution buying a comfort seat, sight on seen.
    We had to open three boxes at my dealers before I found a good one. They are bad for having small tears at the front two corners. Just something to watch for.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDDER View Post
    Just a word of caution buying a comfort seat, sight on seen.
    We had to open three boxes at my dealers before I found a good one. They are bad for having small tears at the front two corners. Just something to watch for.
    If you buy on eBay and have it shipped, be sure and get good pics of the actual seat beforehand, and make sure they repack it with bubble wrap and a sturdier box. Many do not even survive the initial trip to the dealer...ours didn't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I lookedat both & picked the Corbin. Much preferr the attachment method of the Corbin, comfort of the Corbin, and looks of the Corbin..

Just my $0.02

Spyder Garage

Default brp comfort seat vs original

the "bucket" design makes for much better feedback during riding. only drawback is the stiching allowing water to soak in somewhat. anybody know of any sealer that may be used to prevent that?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey, thanks for that. That was something I wasn't aware of.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sylblk View Post
    the "bucket" design makes for much better feedback during riding. only drawback is the stiching allowing water to soak in somewhat. anybody know of any sealer that may be used to prevent that?
    This is a problem with any stitched seat, especially a dished one. The water eventually gets into the foam, making for a soggy ride, and a long time to dry completely. The new RT seat will suffer the same fate. I haven't come up with a sealer that works well for seat stitching. Some of the waterproofing products meant for fabric, like Nikwax, help a bit, but will be useless in a downpour. The only real answer is a waterproof rain cover. Unfortunately, I haven't found many on the market separate from the custom seats they are sold with, and those available don't fit the Spyder adequately. For now, we use two large trash bags placed from each end. Not pretty, but effective. Lets hope somebody picks up the ball on this someday...maybe even BRP.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Waterproffing seat stiches

Mink Oil will do the job, use an old tooth brush to apply, let sit about an hour and buff with a towel, will not leak, have used it for years on motorcycle seats.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tip about the mink oil, that sounds like it may be worth trying.