Spyder Garage

Default Are there any handlebar riser options for a 2019 RTL?

I'm a fairly short guy at 5'7"-5'8" (and getting shorter with age).

I find myself leaning into the handlebars, thus 1) arching my back, and 2) putting more weight on my arms and wrists than is probably good for them.

I think raising the bars/moving them towards me an inch or two would help, but I'm not seeing any riser options for the 2019 RTL models. And I'm not wanting to spend a ton of money on this eg. custom bars or seat.

I'm guessing there's a lot more going on under those four bolts than imagined?

-Allen
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Allen, on the 19 and older Spyder RT , the only option for different handlebars is the BRP Tri-axis handlebars.
    I have them on my 17 RTL and they work great . I am 5ft 9
    They are expensive but I installed them myself in my garage.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Check out this thread Allen

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ighlight=riser

Yeah, it's for a 2018, but the RT Handlebars remained the same from 2010 right thru to the change that came with the Gen III version in 2020, so anything that works for 2010 handlebars is very likely to work for a 2019!

And yes, as you've found & Partzman suggests, if you're looking for 'different handlebars' or a 'replacement' set, there's just not anything available out there apart from the Tri-axis bars!

BUT, you aren't necessarily restricted to JUST replacing &/or using risers to lift the ENTIRE 2010-2019 RT Handlebars - check out the thread above! There's a relatively easy & cheap solution, IF you don't mind the look!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Check out this thread Allen

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ighlight=riser

Yeah, it's for a 2018, but the RT Handlebars remained the same from 2010 right thru to the change that came with the Gen III version in 2020, so anything that works for 2010 handlebars is very likely to work for a 2019!

And yes, as you've found & Partzman suggests, if you're looking for 'different handlebars' or a 'replacement' set, there's just not anything available out there apart from the Tri-axis bars!

BUT, you aren't necessarily restricted to JUST replacing &/or using risers to lift the ENTIRE 2010-2019 RT Handlebars - check out the thread above! There's a relatively easy & cheap solution, IF you don't mind the look!
    As I said in that LINKED post it can be done using the " dog bone risers " from Dennis Kirk ...... the way they work is, depending in which direction you ROTATE, it will elevate or lower the grips and make them closer or farther away ..... good luck ...Mike