Spyder Garage

Default Is there a Bigger or rather, longer seat for 2024 F3-S?

Anyone know of a bigger, rather a longer seat that will fit the 2024 F3-S model?

What I mean by "longer" is from the tank toward the back. The OEM cannonball seat doesn't give me enough flat room for my rear-end. I'm mostly sitting on the rim on the back of the seat, and that sucker is hard!

Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations (other than lose weight)?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-29-2024 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ISpydrF3S View Post
    Anyone know of a bigger, rather a longer seat that will fit the 2024 F3-S model?

What I mean by "longer" is from the tank toward the back. The OEM cannonball seat doesn't give me enough flat room for my rear-end. I'm mostly sitting on the rim on the back of the seat, and that sucker is hard!

Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations (other than lose weight)?

Thanks in advance.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue on my F3, Ispydr. I went with a custom from Russell Daylong (you can also get them from Seth Laam). No more “Crushed Nuts” where the seat front meets the “fuel tank” (I know it is not the actual tank), plenty of room behind and all day comfort…….and they really aren’t much more expensive than the “one size fits all” aftermarkets.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for those recommendations!! Appreciate it. I’ll look into it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for those recommendations!! Appreciate it. I’ll look into it.
    I believe "Ultimate Seats" offer two different length seats for the driver; one provides about 2 inches more room for the driver before the rise to the passenger's portion, but this is in a one-piece seat with fuel door. They were listed for the 2020+ RTL. I never looked into seats for the F3's. Sorry, NO help!

Good Luck Bill
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2024 at 01:16 AM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I had Seth Laam rework the seat on my 2019 F3S. It did move me back approx. 1" at a cost of approx. $500. Ultimate also makes a tall boy seat for the F3s, but they list for 2020-2023. Might want to check with them on your 2024. For my 2022 RT STS, I may go with Laam or Daylong after the riding season, as I won't give up my seat for a couple of weeks. The Ultimate tall Boy is a 1 piece seat. FYI -

https://ultimateseats.ca/spyder-f3-seat-1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:45 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2024 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hey Bill,

Thank you kindly for that recommendation. I've seen the Ultimate Seats site before. I'm actually okay with a 1 seat solution if that's what it takes. I'm a big guy, only 6'-0", and losing weight, but for now, gosh it would be nice to ride without the butt pain. Thanks again though! I'll dig deeper.

- Declan
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:46 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a Corbin seat/base that doesn't have any cover. It could be modified to move you back whatever amount you would like, and then put your own custom upholstery onto it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2024 at 08:57 AM.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I have a Corbin seat/base that doesn't have any cover. It could be modified to move you back whatever amount you would like, and then put your own custom upholstery onto it.
    Would it be a trouble to ask you to post a pic of the Corbin seat base? Sounds like an interesting idea.

Thanks!

- Declan
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2024 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hey Bill,

Thank you kindly for that recommendation. I've seen the Ultimate Seats site before. I'm actually okay with a 1 seat solution if that's what it takes. I'm a big guy, only 6'-0", and losing weight, but for now, gosh it would be nice to ride without the butt pain. Thanks again though! I'll dig deeper.

- Declan
    Just a couple of things to be aware of, Declan. First - sorry, I forgot to mention that with both Daylong and Laam you either have to send your seat in to be modified, or source a cheap 2nd hand stock seat to send to them so you can keep your Daylong for your next ride (if you get another F3).

Also, don’t assume that just because a seat has longer dimensions, that it will automatically mean you will definitely ride without butt pain. The Ultimate is a “one size fits all” seat (albeit in a couple of lengths) which may or may not be right for your personal fit and tolerances. If you try one, make sure you can return it after a few rides.

Daylong and Laam use photos you supply to determine exactly which dimensions, suspension (foam types), width, length, and under thigh support you need to obtain all day comfort - and they guarantee it.

I am also a big/tall man at 6’7” and 300lbs, and I've tried just about every aftermarket seat in order to get a comfortable ride over the last 40 years. None worked for me until I used Daylong about 5 bikes ago. I now factor the cost of a Daylong seat into every new bike purchase. They have never let me down.

Good luck with your choice, mate

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:48 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Would it be a trouble to ask you to post a pic of the Corbin seat base? Sounds like an interesting idea.

Thanks!

- Declan
    Here you go. I was told that the person bought it and removed the cover to use on his current seat. I was going to get a custom cover made for it, but never got around to doing that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:45 PM.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Pete,

Thanks for the caveat. I had a suspicion they would require me to send my seat to them for alterations. I sure don't wanna do that. I'd rather source a new seat, and keep the OEM for resale or if I trade her in for a newer model. Any idea on cost for Daylong? Are we talking like $1k and more, or over $2k? Thanks!

- Declan
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Pete,

Thanks for the caveat. I had a suspicion they would require me to send my seat to them for alterations. I sure don't wanna do that. I'd rather source a new seat, and keep the OEM for resale or if I trade her in for a newer model. Any idea on cost for Daylong? Are we talking like $1k and more, or over $2k? Thanks!

- Declan
    I have included the website for pricing below, Declan, as there are all sorts of options, but you would be looking at around $1100 for a seat with leather inserts, retain heating, and heavy-duty suspension for driver and passenger (although I don’t think you get heated seats in your model, do you? In which case, heating would cost an extra $200 for the driver's seat) PLUS, whatever a cheap 2nd hand seat costs (it doesn’t have to be in great condition). I picked up one for around $300 USD off this site from a very obliging member, that was in “as new” condition. I also got Sunbrella as my inserts, which stays cooler, stays black, & repels rain, all for around the same price.

Ps: I’m in Australia, so the cost was $1400 USD plus shipping at around $350, meaning an Aussie spend of around $2500 - and I have zero issues with that.

Hope that helps.

https://day-long.com/place-your-order/prices/

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:44 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.