Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome Yellowbird to SL

Welcome Yellowbird, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community Yellowbird, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Mechanical help please

I am mechanically inclined and took the job on to do my own spark plugs. It was a job. Finishing up I thought I’ll never do this again. Once complete I now have spark but it says it’s in limp mode. I did have the front storage are open. Don’t know if that will throw it in limp mode or not. The only thing I did that was out of the plug job was I wanted to see down in the venturies to see if they were clean. The butterfly’s didn’t want to open I did apply good force with my thumb and they did snap open. Now I’m wondering if I broke something on that linkage that is the throttle by wire motor. I don’t have a tone of money and asking what to do next any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Forum Yellowbird, but you will need to wait until all your joining processing is complete before you can ask your question anywhere that it's likely to get a meaningful response from more than just me & maybe something from the no more than a few others who check in here often (it rarely takes more than a day or so for all the processing to be finalised, often much less ); which is why SpyderBOT's Welcome post just above yours says:

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBOT View Post

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.
    SpyderBOT's post also has a few links to threads that will make your time on the Forum a LOT easier & help you & ithers get better results from your pists too, so they are definitely worth reading while you wait. But once you can post elsewhere, please do remember that whenever you ask a question about your Spyder, people will need to know what year and model your Spyder is in order to really be able to help - there's not a heap of changes to them over time, but those there are can be pretty significant! There were some other differences, but the early Spyder models all had the 998cc V-Twin motors, right across the range, up until they were discontinued about 2015/16; then since 2014, all the RT Spyders came out with the 1330cc triple cylinder motors, and once the RS & ST Models ceased production in 2015/16, ALL Spyder models have run that same 1330 motor, with the next lot of significant model changes starting in 2020 - but hopefully you can see that it's pretty important for you to tell readers what year and model Spyder you have whenever you ask a question - hence this Sticky Request:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-your-Sig-Line!

Add your Spyder's year & model to your sig line, and you won't need to include that info in every post you put up, cos it'll already be there!

That said, it doesn't matter what year or model Spyder you've got, leaving your Frunk open WILL NOT have caused the Limp Mode issue you've got right now, so you can forget that one. However, there are quite a few other things it might be... You didn't run the engine with it in gear while the rear tire was in the air, do it turned & the front wheels didn't, did you?? That'll cause a Limp Mode just about every time, but at least the fix for that one is simple - just ride it carefully for a hundred metres or so, adding a couple of turns & some speed variations if you can. That'll almost always fix that one, as it's due to the Vehicle Stability Control System (or VSS, often affectionately called 'The Nanny!' ) detecting the differences between the front & rear wheel rotational speeds, & so thinking you've put your Spyder into a slide with the front wheels all locked up! But all this sort of info is already out there on the Forum pages, and there's probably already an answer to your questions too!

So after you've read thru the linked info in SpyderBOT's post & while you wait until your joining processing is complete (signified by your username turning Blue) so that you can post in the more frequented parts of the Forum, where more people are likely to see and answer your question, you could always do a bit of Searching yourself, and some reading in the many threads that've already been posted - there's a very good chance that most questions about Spyders & any problems they might produce have already been asked and at least discussed, if not fully answered, in the 15 plus years the Forum's been around, so you might find the answer if you have a look for it! The Search box is up toward the top right of every page, with an Advanced Search selection below it. You'll almost certainly find SOMETHING that'll at least help, if not fully answer your questions, IF you look.

Looking forward to seeing you out there on the more frequented pages soon! :cheer:
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-29-2024 at 12:43 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!