Spyder Garage

Default Need guidance on Removing F3-T Front Fender?

Needing guidance on how to remove front fender. The issue is the cover plate underneath top of fender, on the under side of the turn signal housing is loose and rattling. Maybe lost a screw but not sure if it is broken? I can barely see it hanging under fender but tire is too close to get to it.

To access the cover I either need to remove the tire or the fender. Assuming the fender might be the easiest to remove? all comments appreciated.
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    Needing guidance on how to remove front fender. The issue is the cover plate underneath top of fender, on the under side of the turn signal housing is loose and rattling. Maybe lost a screw but not sure if it is broken? I can barely see it hanging under fender but tire is too close to get to it.

To access the cover I either need to remove the tire or the fender. Assuming the fender might be the easiest to remove? all comments appreciated.
    Personally, I would remove the tire and access the problem. Maybe just needs a screw or two. The fender can sometimes be awkward to handle , plus wiring, and remounting. MHO Good luck, Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Yeah, NO!!

I've gotta agree with Knizar:

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Personally, I would remove the tire and access the problem. Maybe just needs a screw or two. The fender can sometimes be awkward to handle, plus wiring, and remounting. MHO Good luck, Bill
    It'll be WAAAAYYY Easier just to remove the wheel! All you need to do that is a jack & an appropriate tool to remove the easily accessible 3 lug nuts, then lift the wheel out and you've got full access to the inside area of the fender to work on, altho that will be best accessed from getting down low. If you don't already have a jack & something to take the lug nuts off with, you really should have them on hand if you ever drive any sort of vehicle - do you have a car? Check in there, most cars have a jack somewhere near the spare tire that'll work admirably for this! Regardless, a small jack & a cross type wheel brace with 4 different sized lug nut fittings that'll work for this & many other jobs would maybe set you back as much as $50 if you hafta buy them new at Harbour Freight or any Auto Accessories shop; and while you might not use them every day or even year, you'll be surprised at how many tasks they can help you with, and they'll more than pay off that investment over time!

Besides, to remove the fender, there's a bunch of bolts that hafta come out (4? Or is it more??), and they aren't necessarily all that readily accessible cos you hafta work from the body side of the fender supports, &/or TAKE THE WHEEL OFF FIRST just to get at them! Then there's all the wiring clips & connectors you'll need to disconnect in order to move the fender far enough out to work on it; and all the attendant risks of kinking &/or damaging them/the wiring in the process of removal/refitting; let alone the need to get all of that stuff back on in the right place, fitted and working properly again...

Make things A LOT easier on yourself, and simply remove the wheel rather than the fender & all its accompanying components!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-26-2024 at 06:46 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

with #2 & #3 .... this is the simplest way to do this ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Hopefully if it is missing a screw, it's NOT found in the tire!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2024 at 02:50 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Spot on experiences cited as usual. I do have floor jack, jack stands, socket for lug nuts, etc. Any other oddities you might recall in wheel removals?
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Spot on experiences cited as usual. I do have floor jack, jack stands, socket for lug nuts, etc. Any other oddities you might recall in wheel removals?
    Good look at brake pads advisable any time a wheel removed & better view available. General dusting cleaning checking other bolts /screws tight some probably go for the deep cleaning & polish of rims while not on ground.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have BASIC style fenders on my 14 RT ..... after I bought it, I was re-designing the front suspension & needed to take off the front tires often, it was a pain in the *ss .... so I radiused the front fenders thankfully it didn't change what occurred when riding in the rain ..... but did make it super esay to re-move / replace them .... loosening the mud FLAP helped me .... good luck .Mike