Spyder Garage

Default Any hints/info on S2S Tank Badge Removal?

Good morning, Everyone,

I am looking for information on how to remove the S2S "99" badge on the tank (area just in front of the seat). I thought I saw a video on instructions about this a long time ago, but now I cannot seem to find it. Any help would be great?!

Thomas
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 07:56 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought that was the build number; guess not, since the wife's has same number.

Does luggage not come with S2S's??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 07:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

No, for $33k you're lucky you get a driver's back rest. They will take that away soon too, just like the other Sea to Sky's that came with them at the start!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 07:59 PM.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

That 99 badge is all about the Sea to Sky highway that the bike is named for.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I should add that I want to remove the badge to 3m film the central tank and then put it back on. I thought I saw somewhere that it had pins holding it in?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 08:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    Does luggage not come with S2S's??
    Only the first year S2S model came with luggage, fatboy. BRP very quickly dropped that “wasted profit" - now there’s a surprise.

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

If the badge is held on with two-sided tape, which is the popular way to do it these days, I have had luck with dental floss or fine nylon fishing line. Go under the badge with a sawing motion and work your way through the tape. This will also keep the badge in good shape to reuse. Some have applied a bit of heat with a hair dryer, but I never had to do that. The residual adhesive can be removed with a dab of WD-40 or something similar. Don't use any harsh chemicals because paint damage is possible.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 08:02 PM.
    2015 RT , Black