Spyder Garage

Default Can Am beats Harley

Wife has a 2020 Spyder RTL and as we all know does not have a lot of get up and go which is just a throttle response issue. I have multiple bikes and one of them is a 2021 Harley Sport Glide with a 107 CI engine and all stock. Wife bought a Pedal Box and I put it on for her. Pedal Box on "Sport Plus" and we did a 15 mph roll off to which it was cat and mouse till she hit 4th gear then slowly left me looking at her butt. I like her butt so looking at it from my bike is not a bad thing. The Pedal Box has since been turned down to just sport mode and easier to ride normally for her but after we got home from that ride she points to my ZX14 and offers to beat it the next time out then laffs.

The Pedal Box sure woke up her RTL and is really easy to install. Well worth the $300 to see her smile while riding her scooter.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I go back and forth with our sleds, I love watching her when she puffs her chest up when she spanks me off the line and makes a good run at it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Few years ago, a Harley rider apparently wanted to flex his muscle and show how fast his machine was. Not top speed, rather under acceleration to a fairly quick speed, well over posted, before I backed it down.

The details. Harley was a non touring wannabe style Harley short fork chopper. Harley had one person on it.

Our Spyder, just a cat bypass pipe. No commanders, remaps, or other stuff.

Riding two up, we easily matched the Harley and he was stretching his throttle cable. If real estate allowed, we probably would have gone by him. We never spoke, but knew the Harley rider was irritated he could not drop us.

Would have been more cool if we could hang with a CBR, GSXR, ZX, or R1, but that won’t happen.

Spyder Garage

My 2022 F3S with an 89 tooth rear sprocket has no problem schooling HD riders during a launch.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen/ some time's
    Pedal Box Pro
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Turning off topic for a moment, but this popped up in some other context yesterday and it seems appropriate so mention here. Most of you have probably heard it or read it many times but it still is a great story about one-upping someone related to speed. I know it puts a smile on my face every time.

https://www.thesr71blackbird.com/Air...ed-check-story

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PDXRTL View Post
    Turning off topic for a moment, but this popped up in some other context yesterday and it seems appropriate so mention here. Most of you have probably heard it or read it many times but it still is a great story about one-upping someone related to speed. I know it puts a smile on my face every time.

Apologies for the hijack but it put a smile on my face as well!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PDXRTL View Post

Great story, SR71 kicks some butt

Spyder Garage

I think most Harley guys really believe that noise equals horsepower! Even after I got my Valkyrie (1520cc 6 cylinder) Harley guys would actually come up and try to race me? I got so sick of laughing at them then I got a personalized plate that said WYTRY. They were usually out of sight in my mirrors just as I shifted into 3rd gear so I would just point back at my plate

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing that story. That was great and not just about Speed.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    I think most Harley guys really believe that noise equals horsepower! Even after I got my Valkyrie (1520cc 6 cylinder) Harley guys would actually come up and try to race me? I got so sick of laughing at them then I got a personalized plate that said WYTRY. They were usually out of sight in my mirrors just as I shifted into 3rd gear so I would just point back at my plate
    I loved my Valk!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Many have difficulties readily seeing/reading thin fonts, especially if coloured in blues, reds, or yellows! ;-/
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    All noise and no go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I loved my Valk!!!
    Best bike I ever owned! That bike was perfection and always drew a crowd, no other bike at that time came close to looking like it either. Sad day when I had to sell it, but I had back surgery and it was just too big of a bike to feel comfortable on. Never thought I would ride again until I saw a Spyder!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 08:33 PM.