Spyder Garage

Question New 2023 F3-S solo, but has foot pegs - what options to make it 2-up?

So I've purchased a new 2023 model F3-S at a discount that came with passenger foot pegs and a small lockable storage where the passenger seat and handles would go. I would like to convert it to a 2-up Spyder, but the 2-up conversion kit comes with footpegs that I don't need. What are my options here?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

You're pretty much left with the choice of buying the kit including pegs; then sell/giveaway one set of passenger footpegs &/or the storage bits; OR waiting, waiting, waiting, & looking, looking, looking until maybe, just maybe, at some time in the possibly faaaarrrr future, you'll luck out & find someone who doesn't want the 2-up bits on their bike and are prepared to sell you only the seat & handles to go on yours...

But really, how good was the discount you got, and what does the kit &/or a set of foot pegs cost?? Do your sums and work it out - is it really going to be a deal breaker and absofreakinlutely spoil your enjoyment of your Spyder if you end up with a second set of foot pegs??

Go On, Buy the Damned Kit - you Know you want to!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 03:08 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

$18999 with 8 miles on the odometer.

I wasn't too worried about having the stock 2 up as I wanted to get an aftermarket anyway, but then I find out that the best aftermarket seats require you to send in yours to modify, which I don't really have to begin with. The other issue is that I have the F3-S and the Can-am accessories website says that the 2up kit is compatible with the 2023 F3 basic model but not compatible with the F3-S, which I think is probably incorrect but I don't know for sure.

Spyder Garage

So, you bought a one up, knowing you wanted a two up, and a custom seat, and don't want to get the foot pegs in the kit because you already have a set? I would say just buy the kit, because it's probably not going to be any cheaper to break it down and buying it piece meal. Unfortunately, some custom shops need your seat pan to build you a seat and unless you have a second pan to ship out your SOL, and have to tuff it out, seeing's how I see you live where you can ride year-round you will not be putting it up in the winter months! I don't know about the parts you looked up not fitting between the basic and sport, you may want to check that one out with a dealer or BRP direct! Good luck anyway!! That did sound like a good price!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yep...OEM sounds like the move(if possible). Especially after saving a couple $s on your big purchase. If you bought it from a dealer, maybe they can work out something since you have the pegs already.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Scummy dealer, had to keep such a close eye on them trying to 4 square screw me out of 1.99 percent financing that some other stuff slipped through like them getting the color wrong on the title. I wouldn't bet on being able to "work something out" with them. Especially considering they had a 2 up kit on the other 2023 F3-s in stock that they insisted did not come with it and would be removed upon sale.

Spyder Garage

So for some clarity here - 2015-2023 (haven't confirmed 2024 yet) - the seat setups are the same on all F3 models. Sounds like you have the pegs - so you can find someone willing to sell just the seat and you'd be all set. Now, also sounds like your don't have the grab handles - if those are important to you - you'd have to buy those as well. You can buy them with or without heat. Several Passenger seats out there on eBay. If it's for the F3 - it'll fit - now - will it match the front seat you have - you'll have to determine that. The grab handles can often be found on eBay as well.

Ultimate, Mustang, Corbin, there are mfgs out there that sell seat setups for the F3 - and then you wouldn't have to send yours in to get modified. Yes, Russel is one that wants your stock seat to modify - but many others don't.

Bigger concern I want to caution you on - the stock shock/spring on the rear of the Base and S F3 models is not intended for much weight. If you are going to have a passenger a lot - you will want to upgrade that rear shock or you will be bottoming out and experiencing a much rougher ride.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a corbin seat for a F3 that has no cover. My intention was to do a custom cover for it, but decided not to. If you would like to give it a try, I will make you a heck of a deal. Shipping would be the only issue, as it could get expensive.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Bigger concern I want to caution you on - the stock shock/spring on the rear of the Base and S F3 models is not intended for much weight. If you are going to have a passenger a lot - you will want to upgrade that rear shock or you will be bottoming out and experiencing a much rougher ride.
    Thanks for this info. I wasn't looking to get the 2 up until I have more miles under me and more comfortable riding unless I had to right now due to any kind of supply/availability issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaklcide View Post
    So I've purchased a new 2023 model F3-S at a discount that came with passenger foot pegs and a small lockable storage where the passenger seat and handles would go. I would like to convert it to a 2-up Spyder, but the 2-up conversion kit comes with footpegs that I don't need. What are my options here?
    I purchased my 22 F3S last June, it had the 2nd seat on it and I got the lockable storage replacement handed to me after the sale as it was included with the bike. That is why your bike already had the passenger foot pegs. I would inquire about the seat which is probably sitting at the dealership in a box and shoud have been given to you. The other 23 F3S that had the seat installed would have a box with the storage compartment option there as well. JMO

Spyder Garage

Nope, told me no seat included, only the lockbox.

Spyder Garage

Dealer probably sold it to someone else …

Bought my ‘17 model ‘new’ in 2022 (I am 1st registered owner - it had less than 80miles on it). Bike had been at 3 different dealers - and I still got the extra parts that were supposed to come with it.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 04-16-2024 at 04:10 PM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaklcide View Post
    Nope, told me no seat included, only the lockbox.
    If you purchased it new and the dealer is screwing you over these things that should have been included as part of that initial purchase, maybe you should try contacting BRP Cares and seeing if they can do anything for you??

They will probably just say 'talk to your dealer' or maybe even 'take it to the small claims court' or whatever equivalent you might have over there; and they generally aren't all that fast with their reactions/responses but you'll never know unless you try - BRPCare@brp.com

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

According to BRP, the F3, F3S and F3T are designed for one-up riding. You can outfit them for two-up, but there's a lot you need to do.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    Dealer probably sold it to someone else …

Bought my ‘17 model ‘new’ in 2022 (I am 1st registered owner - it had less than 80miles on it). Bike had been at 3 different dealers - and I still got the extra parts that were supposed to come with it.
    Just like mine when I bought it in 2018. I have the original tail piece.

IMG_20230512_140322_670.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black