Spyder Garage

Default Where do I get replacement Ryker 600 brakes and rotors?

I need to replace the brakes and I believe the front rotors on my Ryker 600. I have a buzzing vibration noise coming from the front left side of the bike. I have been looking online, but not sure what I should be looking at. Where would I get the brakes and rotors from? I was not sure if there were aftermarket brands I could look at, or do I need to go straight to Can-Am for them? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalk1 View Post
    I need to replace the brakes and I believe the front rotors on my Ryker 600. I have a buzzing vibration noise coming from the front left side of the bike. I have been looking online, but not sure what I should be looking at. Where would I get the brakes and rotors from? I was not sure if there were aftermarket brands I could look at, or do I need to go straight to Can-Am for them? Thank you for your help.
    Check with BajaRon ... he's one of our sponsors here ( see the home page ) .... Give us more info on your Ryker .... I'd do some testing before just RE-PLACING the Rotors, Rotor failure isn't normal ....Mike

Spyder Garage

You may just need a good cleaning and a dab of brake butter on the back of those pads! Cheaper than pads and rotors, but if you're sure that you need new, call Ron, his tec team will send you in the right direction!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I just got the Ryker last year and I am pretty new to it. The weird part is that it isn't a constant buzz/vibration; it comes and goes as you're riding. It is more noticeable at slow speeds. It will start buzzing, then go away, and come back later, but only on that left side, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 07:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

I just got the Ryker last year and I am pretty new to it. The weird part is that it isn't a constant buzz/vibration; it comes and goes as you're riding. It is more noticeable at slow speeds. It will start buzzing, then go away, and come back later, but only on that left side, as far as I can tell.
    The Ryker is typically easy on brake components. so it is unlikely that you need rotors. Throwing parts at weird sounds can be time consuming, expensive, and a waste of time and money. How many miles does your Ryker have on it?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I just hit 17124 miles on it the other day, I use it for my daily commute. I have the buzz sound coming from that wheel since last year and I mentioned it to them last service but they blamed it on my tire pressure.

Spyder Garage

I just hit 17124 miles on it the other day, I use it for my daily commute. I have the buzz sound coming from that wheel since last year and I mentioned it to them last service but they blamed it on my tire pressure.
    Really? What tire pressure are you running? And why wouldn't the sound be coming from both wheels if that is the cause?

Spyder Garage

with Ron, but I'd like to know what tires and what pressure you are running?? It'd hafta be something REALLY ODD for just ONE of a pair of front tires running at the same pressure to be making a noise like that - any noise!!

You don't have directional tires do you, with just one of them fitted the wrong way around on the rim, so that it's running backwards?? Mind you, even if you do have one directional tire fitted so that it's running backwards, and if you're running anything even close to the same pressure in both front tires, the noise still wouldn't have anything to do with the pressure you're running...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 07:09 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I checked them last night and it was 20 in the front two and 25 in the back. The dealership are the last ones that put air in them. The sound I am getting doesn't sound like a rubbing, it is like a metallic type buzz. I would have to check the tires on what type they are but I don't remember them looking directional.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you try jacking it up and spinning that wheel?
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

The intake plastics are notorious for making a rattle or buzz. Many have added weatherstrip to quiet them. Do a search.
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Spyder RSS

Spyder Garage

The next thing I will be doing is jacking it up and checking it. I will let you guys know what I find.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    The intake plastics are notorious for making a rattle or buzz. Many have added weatherstrip to quiet them. Do a search.
    This is what I am thinking as well. The air scoops on both sides tend to be loose and can rattle/buzz.

Spyder Garage

I have put weather stripping in the one on the left side air panel, but this morning I noticed the tin can, metallic buzz happens when I twist the throttle, then once I get up to speed it quietens down. Is there any metallic panel around the drive shaft or anything that could be loose?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2024 at 07:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

You need a new dealer. LOL Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I have put weather stripping in the one on the left side air panel, but this morning I noticed the tin can, metallic buzz happens when I twist the throttle, then once I get up to speed it quietens down. Is there any metallic panel around the drive shaft or anything that could be loose?
    I don't know of anything around or near the driveshaft that would do this. It may well be RPM related. But since you originally thought it was the front wheel, I'd say the sound is moving around or that you're really not sure where it is coming from. Sounds reflect off of various surfaces and also inside your helmet. It can be difficult to pin them down. That's one reason throwing parts at a problem is not usually a good idea.

If you can get a knowledgeable person to ride your Ryker, that would probably be your best bet, at this point.

Spyder Garage

There is a heat shield on the exhaust manifold left side.
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Spyder RSS

Spyder Garage

I was thinking the exhaust as well.

Spyder Garage

That does make sense, I will check those this weekend. Thanks guys