Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3T Intense Red $15,500

I'm selling my 2017 F3T. Of course, the T stands for touring. 5200 Miles. located in North Central Connecticut. Original color is Intense Red. I have a wrap on it now, that can stay or be removed very easily. I had the recalled sprocket done last year. New battery, LED lights, and fog lamps. Drivers and passenger back rest. Arm rests for the passenger. Currently set up with short reach handlebars but I have the original bar also. Foot boards, am/fm/aux radio, 2 seats (original and comfort seat). Cruise Control new tires, and a few other small extras. This is a second bike for us and doesn't get the use it should. Asking $15,500 - Pm me with any interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steve9918; 04-18-2024 at 10:18 AM. Reason: new price

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve9918 View Post
    I'm selling my 2017 F3T. Of course, the T stands for touring. 5200 Miles. located in North Central Connecticut. Original color is Intense Red. I have a wrap on it now, that can stay or be removed very easily. I had the recalled sprocket done last year. New battery, LED lights, and fog lamps. Drivers and passenger back rest. Arm rests for the passenger. Currently set up with short reach handlebars but I have the original bar also. Foot boards, am/fm/aux radio, 2 seats (original and comfort seat). Cruise Control new tires, and a few other small extras. This is a second bike for us and doesn't get the use it should. Asking $16,500 - Pm me with any interest.
    I have never "Wrapped" a bike ..... What keeps the Wrap on, and how is it removed? ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2024 at 10:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Most 'wraps' are a plastic (well, more correctly, they're usually polyurethane or vinyl ) film that's 'stuck' onto the paint/surface by spraying the surface to be covered with a water/surfacant mix (often the surfacant is just a mild soap - unscented liquid baby soap is pretty popular with some installers, cos it's mild and gentle on your hands while you work! ); applying the film while the surface is still wet; then squeegeeing all the excess liquid out. The surface tension of the liquid remaining between the film & the paint then produces an exceptionally strong bond, and the 'wrap' usually won't budge even at very high speeds, not unless there's a raised edge or lifted corner left flapping that the air flow can get under! I've seen well installed wraps stay on at speeds that were getting close to the sound barrier; and other wraps that looked OK but weren't squeegee-ed out properly/as well coming off at speeds that were not much faster than Usain Bolt's geriatric Grandfather, simply because they weren't quite so well installed/squeegeed &/or they weren't trimmed properly &/or got a chip/tear in the film that left a loose lifted edge flapping in the breeze! But for most users/drivers/riders, even a first timer's DIY job can be more than sufficient to keep the wrap on the vehicle for however long it's wanted there, including on race machines that travel pretty fast &/or encounter 'incidents' that might cause tears & lifted edges!

Then when it comes time to remove the wrap, it's simply a matter of lifting an edge somewhere sufficient to get a good grip on the loose bit, then peeling the wrap off! It's always a lot easier to remove a wrap than it is to put it on, and I reckon some people actually enjoy the peeling process waaayyy too much than is healthy! But, whatever floats your boat! A good quality well installed wrap can make it a lot quicker & easier to change the appearance of your vehicle; and yet they'll last a long time and often protect the underlying paint a whole lot better than any amount of washing & polishing!

And if you ever buy a bike/vehicle with a wrap on it that you don't like, it's generally only about a 10-15 minute job and you can be back to the vehicle's original colour; or maybe getting ready to install the next wrap, one that's more to your liking?!

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2024 at 10:58 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!