I am 77 and have been riding 2 wheels since the age of 14. I had an accident last year with my Harley and it scared me because it could have been an lot worse. With this in mind I bought a used 2011 Can Am RT-S because I didn't want to put much money in it because I didn't know how much longer I can ride because I do have a bad heart. I bought it without a test ride and on the way home I asked myself what in the h#+# have I done. It was all over the road and I just kept in mind that if I went off the road it would be on the ditch side instead of head on into a car. But after 400- 500 miles I started feeling more comfortable and now I love it. Forget 2 wheels and learn to ride 3 wheels. Let it go and just guide it and you will love it. I have never ridden a Ryker but it does not have power assist steering as the Spyder does so it would be entirely different. Good luck in your quest. Do not be afraid to buy used if you find one that you fancy but even though I have and like my old 2011, I would recommend buying 2014 up RT with the 1330 engine and 6 speed transmission because of better mileage and less maintanence. Just for information I and some riding mates rode 300 mile range for lunch yesterday.