Spyder Garage

Question Anyone tried Handlebar weights on 2024 RT?

Anyone tried adding handlebar weights to a 2024 RT (I have a S2S but assume same bars on all 2024 RT)?

Looking at these ShowChrome weights: https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...-color-option/

But finding instructions online that say remove old end caps with a 5mm allen wrench -- the opening on 2024 is much larger so not sure if it's a misprint or a redesign from 2023/earlier... Example -- remove the shallow endcap with a large socket/wrench, put aside and then install with screws provided?

Thanks, Martin
    Martin in NH
    2024 Spyder RT Sea to Sky
    2015 Spyder RT Limited (retired)

Spyder Garage

I used them on my 2008 GS. Purchased from BRP as one of their early accessories. Did not need them on the next six Spyders. I don't have a good answer for current use.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have those on a 2022 RT. I basically added them as a newbie thinking I wanted a little extra length for big hands but left them anyway because I liked the look. Site says 2013 and up, so seems like they should work fine on yours.
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Two2Three View Post
    I have those on a 2022 RT. I basically added them as a newbie thinking I wanted a little extra length for big hands but left them anyway because I liked the look. Site says 2013 and up, so seems like they should work fine on yours.
    I believe I read something about the 2024 bars being a different size than the previous 2020 thru 2023, that the spyder cuffs on previous RT's didn't fit on the new 2024 handle bars. Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And Martin, the bar end caps for the 2024 have a new and different part number than the others. I suspect that when they say 2013 and up, that they haven't updated that info for awhile. Maybe foam grip covers will give you what you want.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks all.

I tried those leather like grip puppies. Too big. Went to standard foam grip puppies and fit great!
    Martin in NH

Spyder Garage

RESOLVED - 2024 Handlebar endcaps are different from 2023/earlier...

Decided to take off the existing 2024 handlebar endcap to see what's behind it - needed a 3/8" hex.

Pictures of the endcap - no way an existing endcap will screw into the existing endcap or into the hole if you remove the existing one.

knob-profile_orig.jpg knob-top-view_orig.jpg

We'll need to wait for suppliers to design a new weight based on this large screw/thread.

Hopefully save some folks ordering and returning...

Happy Saturday, Martin
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2024 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    Martin in NH