Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wagswvu View Post
    It's a 2023 FS-S bought last March 2023. It has the factory battery which is the Yuasa. I ran it all Spring/Summer to around 4,000 miles. I stopped riding it around Late October 23; put it away in my garage with a Battery Tender Jr on it. Now it's 2024, I broke it out late March with some rides; but started having VSS fault codes pop up when starting the bike; two so far, only for it to go away in a few min or when I turn it off and restart. When hitting the forums, this seems this indicate a weak battery on startup. The OEM battery did pass a test and when using a voltmeter, it does hit 12 volts, and drops to around 9.5-10 volts when cranking. Generally speaking, the battery would still be in range of "good", but I usually like my motorcycle batteries to stay in the 10 or greater when cranking. My thinking is I'm already doing some mods; new exhaust, slayer turn, so while it's down for those, throw in a new battery or even make the jump to lithium. Just not have this headache anymore.
    Maybe temperature related. Sometimes a cold or several cold days can cause a slow start.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 06:39 PM.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic