Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2022 RT Limited that has left me stuck on 6 different occasions with a "transmission fault".
    The Spyder is in the shop right now, hoping they can figure out the issue.
    I was thinking of just trading it in for a 2024, but I decided to wait until at least 2025 because of my negative experience with Can-Am.
    Really disappointed.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Much, if not most, of what has been said by previous posters is good information and valid. There is always a risk, however large or small, that a product will have issues. It happens. I will say I’ve owned four Spyders since 2010. In that time I’ve had a number of needed repairs. No matter where I was in the country, they were always handled by the respective service folks with competence and due diligence. As the model years progressed, any issues diminished to the point, in my case, of there being no issues of importance or significance. In 14 years, again 4 Spyders, collectively Ive ridden over 190K miles in all kinds of weather, altitude, etc., and wouldn’t change a thing.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

If you want one, just buy it! Get the extended warranty and ride the heck out of it! As far I can see if you're not a techy who wants to keep up with the world while you ride and stay connected, you'll be fine! BRP connect is the white elephant in the room that they are trying to fix on the fly - as many companies are now doing to us, we are their R+D, and have been for years! I have friends who always want to ride under a warranty and always trade when it runs out!! Now if you are good friends with one of those type of people, you're in good luck if they kept their ride in good shape, you know what issues it's had and how they drove it and kept it, may save you some big coin! I have been doing that with my sleds for a few years, since their price went through the roof, and when I retired! Good Luck trying to figure what your next step is! Be safe!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-23-2024 at 07:27 PM. Reason: 'warrantee' is the person guaranteed; 'warranty' is a written guarantee.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have a 2024 Spyder RTL that I bought 6 February, I have had it home for a total of a week and it has been at the dealership since for not going into reverse.

After fighting with customer service many times they have not been able to fix it.

My dealer has complained to can-am corporate and they have a replacement for me Thursday. The dealer has swapped it out for me not can-am. The dealer is going to fight it out with BRP.

But this is not typical of Spyders, the dealer has never seen anything like this before.
    Last edited by JB62; 04-23-2024 at 05:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Same but different

Been researching Spyders for years. Finally decided to pull the trigger this weekend. Went to the Can Am Experience and drove an S2S with the wife on. She loved it. I loved the feeling of riding again (been about 5 years since I sold my motorcycles). I wanted the silver but, they only had the flat black in stock. Decided that was the one.

Had them draw up the paperwork, only when I looked at the final price and thinking of what I needed to add to it in order to do some cross-country trips; back rest for RTL; arm rest for passengers; phone mounts; USB ports; TPM; belt tensioner; etc. I decided to think about it over the weekend. Interest rates are high; well, everything is high.

I am thinking I should wait until Can Am gets GPS, Android auto, and TPM (Y'all are probably laughing at that part!) It is hard for me to justify $35k and have to use my phone to navigate. Can Am guy actually told me to just use my phone. I have an Android, so he mentioned that Can Am was in negotiations with Google.

I am sad, as I had trips planned for this year. Who knows, maybe they will offer 0% financing or some other nice incentive to pull me back in. I think this is the first time in my life I have gone to a powersports dealer to buy a toy and left without one. We'll see how long I can hold out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 700wolvy View Post
    Same but different

Been researching Spyders for years. Finally decided to pull the trigger this weekend. Went to the Can Am Experience and drove an S2S with the wife on. She loved it. I loved the feeling of riding again (been about 5 years since I sold my motorcycles). I wanted the silver but, they only had the flat black in stock. Decided that was the one.

Had them draw up the paperwork, only when I looked at the final price and thinking of what I needed to add to it in order to do some cross-country trips; back rest for RTL; arm rest for passengers; phone mounts; USB ports; TPM; belt tensioner; etc. I decided to think about it over the weekend. Interest rates are high; well, everything is high.

I am thinking I should wait until Can Am gets GPS, Android auto, and TPM (Y'all are probably laughing at that part!) It is hard for me to justify $35k and have to use my phone to navigate. Can Am guy actually told me to just use my phone. I have an Android, so he mentioned that Can Am was in negotiations with Google.

I am sad, as I had trips planned for this year. Who knows, maybe they will offer 0% financing or some other nice incentive to pull me back in. I think this is the first time in my life I have gone to a powersports dealer to buy a toy and left without one. We'll see how long I can hold out.
    Wait if you like, but life goes on and you will be missing some fun days that you can’t get back. If it were me, I would find my color of choice and get happy riding a Spyder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 07:43 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Wait if you like, but life goes on and you will be missing some fun days that you can’t get back. If it were me, I would find my color of choice and get happy riding a Spyder.
    There is iron in your words.

Spyder Garage

i admit , fairly new , one month and 800 miles is all I can talk about . 2024 F3-S runs like a top. No problems at this time . NOTE : have not tried to add ACP since I don't need it BUT , just for kicks , I synced my I phone via wi-fi with no problems .
    2024 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Same but different

Even if it had built in GPS, I'd probably still use my Garmin. I've tried using other built-in GPS's and they're always lacking. The Garmin has gone bike to bike with me and never lets me down. (And unlike the phone, it's waterproof, doesn't need a cell signal, and works well with gloves.) The bike is the important thing. Get the other gizmos from other places that specialize in them.
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Same but different

Look at used. There are some awesome deals out there. People have installed all the bells and whistles already. Miles don't hurt the Spyder if it has been taken care of. You get in for less money and the resale will be closer to what you paid if you should decide to move on.

In my opinion, you don't want built in GPS. You'll pay way too much for it. Probably have to pay again to keep it current. And your phone will do a better job. Who knows when, or if, BRP will get the audio you want, and there are other work-a-rounds for that. Same for the TPM feature. And who knows. The used one you get might have some or all of this already done for you. If not, you can use some of the money saved to get the upgrades you're looking for.

Expand the box and more things will fit into it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Look at used. There are some awesome deals out there. People have installed all the bells and whistles already. Miles don't hurt the Spyder if it has been taken care of. You get in for less money and the resale will be closer to what you paid if you should decide to move on.

In my opinion, you don't want built in GPS. You'll pay way too much for it. Probably have to pay again to keep it current. And your phone will do a better job. Who knows when, or if, BRP will get the audio you want, and there are other work-a-rounds for that. Same for the TPM feature. And who knows. The used one you get might have some or all of this already done for you. If not, you can use some of the money saved to get the upgrades you're looking for.

Expand the box and more things will fit into it.
    You are all correct about built in GPS. I guess my overall point is I shouldn't have to look at 2 screens on a vehicle that cost this much. Android auto and Apple Car play should have had the bugs worked out and implemented a while ago. Can Am rep said it was Google and Apple's fault for it being a safety issue. I didn't tell him that the Honda Goldwing has it. Anyway...I am in negotiations to get one. Price is pretty good. Just trying to get a good interest rate.

Spyder Garage

You are all correct about built in GPS. I guess my overall point is I shouldn't have to look at 2 screens on a vehicle that cost this much. Android auto and Apple Car play should have had the bugs worked out and implemented a while ago. Can Am rep said it was Google and Apple's fault for it being a safety issue. I didn't tell him that the Honda Goldwing has it. Anyway...I am in negotiations to get one. Price is pretty good. Just trying to get a good interest rate.
    They know this. They just can't help telling stories. Pair your phone with your helmet radio and you won't have to look at 2 screens much at all. But I assume you already know this. Get past the mental and you'll be gloriously happy!

Remember, perfection is reserved for the next life!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...