Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    I'll give you the tight stuff is Spyder territory 130kph onward V Rod with it's looong wheelbase and steep head angle is rock solid and feels better the faster you go v Spyder not so much. Latest Revolution max engine from HD is no slouch either with 150 HP.Last thing anyone wants when exploring these capabilities is Tom in their ear describing the colour of his grass!
    Reminds me of a “mate” we used to ride with who had a VRod, Cobwebs. He always ended up as Tail-end Charlie, not because he specifically wanted to be, but because no one wanted to ride behind him. Without a word of exaggeration, he used to stop before every corner, put the Rod on its stand and walk around the corner checking for angle, loose gravel etc, remount and ride around the corner at the appropriate speed…….well, maybe there is just a LITTLE exaggeration.

We all chipped in to buy him a GPS, because no one wanted to wait at one of the turnoffs for him.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Reminds me of a “mate” we used to ride with who had a VRod, Cobwebs. He always ended up as Tail-end Charlie, not because he specifically wanted to be, but because no one wanted to ride behind him. Without a word of exaggeration, he used to stop before every corner, put the Rod on its stand and walk around the corner checking for angle, loose gravel etc, remount and ride around the corner at the appropriate speed…….well, maybe there is just a LITTLE exaggeration.

We all chipped in to buy him a GPS, because no one wanted to wait at one of the turnoffs for him.

Pete
    Ha ha ha. I carry a comb with me for those sort of riders and offer it to the ninjas when I finally arrive. Helmet hair is usually their weak point.
    V Rodders were the black sheep of the pushrod fraternity in the early days, that's why you ended up with that guy Pete. By the end of the models run they were importing them from the states cause they couldn't get enough of them here. Once the performance and customisation possibilities were discovered, they gained cred from the airheads and are good property to own now.
    Definitely not a canyon carver, although there was a Street Rod model that was set up with mid mount pegs, taller suspension and steering that was pretty capable.
    Man, I'm struggling to stay on track here lol! um,........... oh yeah jezuz, if there's a better sounding exhaust than a V Rod I want to hear it. To want to listen to any synthesised squawking over that gift from the decibel gods needs assessment.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-08-2024 at 09:58 PM.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Ha ha ha. I carry a comb with me for those sort of riders and offer it to the ninjas when I finally arrive. Helmet hair is usually their weak point.
    V Rodders were the black sheep of the pushrod fraternity in the early days, that's why you ended up with that guy Pete. By the end of the models run they were importing them from the states cause they couldn't get enough of them here. Once the performance and customisation possibilities were discovered, they gained cred from the airheads and are good property to own now.
    Definitely not a canyon carver, although there was a Street Rod model that was set up with mid mount pegs, taller suspension and steering that was pretty capable.
    Man, I'm struggling to stay on track here lol! um,........... oh yeah jezuz, if there's a better sounding exhaust than a V Rod I want to hear it. To want to listen to any synthesised squawking over that gift from the decibel gods needs assessment.
    Yeah, I’m not denigrating the VRod, Webs…..it’s a great bike. It wouldn’t have mattered WHAT this guy rode

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red