Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

They should have come out with Android Auto first. Especially considering 70% of the phones in the world are Android.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    They should have come out with Android Auto first. Especially considering 70% of the phones in the world are Android.
    As a happy Android user...
    2024 Can Am Spyder RT Limited S2S

Spyder Embossed Gremlin Bell
    FOBO Bike 2 TPMS

Misc Items (Carried or Worn on Spyder):
    - Shoei Neotec 2 Helmets, Rider & Passenger w/ Cardo Packtalk Edge Comms
    - Foldable Cane
    - Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
    - Frarome Portable Air Compressor/Tire Inflator - USB Rechargeable
    - Hoxida Tactical Flashlight, USB rechargeable, 20000 Lumens
    - Two Black Flag Poles. Show Chrome / Lamonster Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    Installing over wifi isn’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. Doesn’t matter how it is installed.
    My dealer was told the download has been suspended. BRP will provide weekly updates thru their forum to their dealers.
    God I wish that was the issue. I don't know how many times I have watched a video of a BRP rep showing off the APC on a 2024 spyder.
    It worked there, now make it work on our spyder.
    WE paid good money for a 2024 spyder with ACP.
    And that 2024 spyder on the video had the firmware installed with there BUDS. well now we read that there BUDS has problems connecting to some spyders.
    Well that firmware some how got installed on that 2024 spyder.
    How, there all the same screen, or are there 2024 spyders that have different screens?
    First it was Apple licenses, then it was Apples fault, now its not downloading correctly, and now we hear, there are some spyders that will not connect to there BUDS.
    When will the lies end?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Yeah but in the US and Canada, iPhones make up 60+ % of the market Probably the two biggest markets for Can-Am.

Spyder Garage

I connected my 2024 Spyder to my home WiFi network earlier today and there were no updates available, so still no Apple Car Play.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Maybe the folks with 2024's just need to forget about it till maybe June, or later, so that a few more bugs get worked out and nothing is downloaded with it that messes up the rest of the system.

I know that is hard to do. I'm so glad that I am not in that position.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Maybe the folks with 2024's just need to forget about it till maybe June, or later, so that a few more bugs get worked out and nothing is downloaded with it that messes up the rest of the system.

I know that is hard to do. I'm so glad that I am not in that position.
    It is hard to do. I bought the 2024 with ACP because I moved to a new state halfway across the country. I do not know the roads here and having the Navigation feature was the entire reason I bought it. I can make do by having the navigation read me the turn instructions and looking at my Apple Watch for information, but it's not the same thing as having a clear map on the display like I paid for.

Spyder Garage

So, update on my S2S issues... I took a decent ride, 30 miles, yesterday. My Samsung S20 was connected thru BT. 4 bars showing in the bottom screen row on S2S. Stopped and while the bike was still running... I tried to make a call... NOPE! Spyder said 'no wifi connection', the 4 bars went away, and showed an X thru the grayed-out bars. Samsung showed it was connected to the Spyder via Bluetooth. Only way I could make a call was turning off the Spyder and using the phone in my hand... WHAAATTT!!!

WTH... BT has nothing to do with WIFI? This is so messed up!

I will be making another call to BRP and my dealer to let them know this is NOT acceptable. What happens if I am stuck somewhere and MUST make an emergency call?????

Oh, and for those who may say I allowed the ACP to update... Nope, only update was from the dealer 10 days ago.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 08:42 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    WTH... BT has nothing to do with WIFI? This is so messed up!
    I was unable to get my iPhone to connect via BT today also on a long ride. Only way I could get it was to forget it on the bike and the iPhone, and re-pair. That would last until the next stop, then it would refuse to pair again. I'm getting really tired of this!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

One thing is for sure. You can trust Can Am to do the bare minimum if they are still selling machines. They had a long time to fix this issue and it's still a problem. The fact that they have not fixed it and also put out some communication as to what the issues are and how long it will take to fix speaks volumes to how much they care. Just a simple honest explanation of what is going on instead of keeping people guessing would raise their stock in many people's eyes, yet they choose to say nothing and just hope to keep collecting people's money for a product that does not work as advertised.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markari View Post
    I would like to know if ANY 2024’s have CarPlay installed.

Only the ones that got lucky and caught the update a week or two ago and did not roll it back as prompted.

From what I read, Apple does not charge a licensing fee for CarPlay.

Spyder Garage

As of today, April 19th I can connect to WiFi but unit says no update is available. Still waiting and watching this thread. Trying to keep my cool.

June of what year?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Only the ones that got lucky and caught the update a week or two ago and did not roll it back as prompted.

From what I read, Apple does not charge a licensing fee for CarPlay.
    From what people are describing it is sounding like there is a conflict between carplay software and the spyders firmware that is used for connectivity and not a license issue.

I can see why they yanked it if that is what is going on. But that should of showed up in testing before it was released.

Well I have another saying besides my one about if it doesn't need to be connected to the internet don't hook it up. That would be don't ever get the first version of anything.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like needs to be class action lawsuit to get them to pay
    Before I start on the real point here, you'll probably notice a few posts in this thread have been removed, and in doing so it's been noted by the Mod Team that at least one of the members pushing this particular legal action wheel-barrow DOESN'T EVEN OWN A SPYDER yet...

On to the real point - I'm not the only one who's said this, and I know there's quite a few of the longer-term members who can attest to it actually happening, but I have said it before, even in this very thread, so for those who don't yet realise EXACTLY HOW MUCH DAMAGE they might be doing to their chances AND to the chances of everyone else here or elsewhere with a 2024 that has bits that don't quite work as they should,

ANY talk of Class Actions on this Forum IS NOT HELPING!!

In fact, going by previous experiences outlined here in years past about other things like this, those posts like the one above might well be doing a WHOLE LOT of damage to your chances of getting this resolved quickly, AND harming the chances of anyone else getting it resolved quickly too - so NO MORE!! Not here anyway!!

If you want to screw the pooch on this subject, go elsewhere to do it! If you're smart, go to your NTSB or Better Business Bureau; send an email; or maybe even write your curses on a note and burn the note while you prance around the fire chanting if you think that'll do you any more good, that's entirely up to you - but slightly paraphrasing the earlier words of the owner & founder of this site,

No More bleating or threatening anyone with legal action on this subject on this Forum!

However, as always (well, at least for now! ) you can continue to talk about ACP & its shortcomings &/or lack of delivery all you like, just not threatening lawsuits or legal action; and in fact, any polite discussion that abides by all the Forum Rules, including those regarding by-passing the swearing filters, remains acceptable.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2024 at 07:24 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RTL. Was Planning on upgrading to a 24. Glad I haven't, and will not do so with out "Android Auto" installed. BY THE FACTORY. None of this give me your money, I might fix it later. Indian, and H.D. have no software issues with getting phones hooked up! Local Indian dealer also owns "Trike Shop". Several Indian, Gold Wing trikes ready to go. My 20 RT is my third Can Am. A 14, 16, and 20. BRP, you listening? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I have a 2020 RTL. Was Planning on upgrading to a 24. Glad I haven't, and will not do so with out "Android Auto" installed. BY THE FACTORY. None of this give me your money, I might fix it later. Indian, and H.D. have no software issues with getting phones hooked up! Local Indian dealer also owns "Trike Shop". Several Indian, Gold Wing trikes ready to go. My 20 RT is my third Can Am. A 14, 16, and 20. BRP, you listening? Tom
    The only mention of Android Auto that I've seen is some fine print on the hang tag saying "coming soon". I have not seen it demoed or mentioned anywhere else.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    No More bleating or threatening anyone with legal action on this subject on this Forum!
    Good advice and a good decision.

I was in a dispute with a business a number of years ago, and in the heat of the moment I said maybe I'll just sue you!

The person I was talking with immediately terminated the conversation, and told me any further communication about any topic would need to go through his/their lawyers. And then he hung up on me.

If you are thinking this needs to be resolved through the courts then talk to a lawyer, not some strangers in an online forum.

JM2C
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2024 at 07:25 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Anyone heard anymore updates on this ?

Spyder Garage

I was at the Dealer today and no new updates or information.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2024 at 08:55 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    I was at the Dealer today and no new updates or information.
    Same, was at dealer on Saturday they had no clue that ACP wasn't even out yet.

Spyder Garage

Hello all!

I'm new to this community forum. So, if this topic has been previously discussed, my apologies for the redundancy.
    I'd like to address the Apple CarPlay issue that many face who've purchased the 2024 Spyders. In my case, in April, I bought the Spyder F3-S, and no one at the dealership mentioned it. I learned about this issue when I tried to find Apple CarPlay in the Spyder's touchscreen and couldn't. It was only then by doing some research I learned about the issue.

I live on the west coast of central Florida. My dealer told me that what he's being told by his betters is that BRP and Apple are in some sort of licensing dispute. He said as soon it's available via an update - perhaps a firmware update - they'd let me know. I also contacted BRP directly, and all they said is that "Apple CarPlay is not available on my model at this time, but as soon as it becomes available, my local dealer will contact me."

I'm guessing most if not all of you have been told the same thing. I did read, however, that some are able to get the update/download to occur, but that the Apple CarPlay icon is greyed out or just missing entirely.

Does anyone have any better intel on this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-29-2024 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed Post title after merge - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ISpydrF3S View Post
    Hello all!

I'm new to this community forum. So, if this topic has been previously discussed, my apologies for the redundancy.
    Thanks!
    You will need to read back thru the thread at least a little, but also, please read the PM I just sent you.

(& send the Read Receipt too! )
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!