Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Angry 2024 RT new issue - music going silent once the bike starts!!

So, I picked up my 2024 RT Limited in February and apart from the already detailed issues everything else worked fine. I'm talking specifically about Bluetooth Music. So long as I started Pandora, Sirius, or music on my phone first, then it would play through my system speakers once the phone connected. Everything was fine yesterday until I turned off the bike to get lunch. After lunch I started Sirius on my phone and it played on the phone speaker, I then started the bike, and once the phone connected the music went silent on the phone speaker! It should have played on the bike speakers, however, it did not. The screen shows the play arrow and the forward and backwards arrows, but nothing worked. I disconnected the phone and deleted the Bluetooth on both the phone and the bike and then reassociated. Still have the same issue, not sure how to proceed, and getting really frustrated with the whole Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay fiasco!

Added pic to show the media screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Fixed adde pic+
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

make sure volume up it might have turned its self down when disconected

Spyder Garage

You’re correct about this being a fiasco, it’s disappointing that you must start all your Bluetooth items before you turn on the Spyder, even if you don’t plan on using them.
    I had an instance where I needed to use my Bluetooth head set after I started the Spyder, and it would not connect, lucky I had it paired to my IPhone too. Interesting is that when I placed the call on my phone, it also showed up on the Spyder. I guess BRP, must have put priority steps to have connection, instead of any time connect.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    make sure volume up it might have turned its self down when disconected
    I've been using it for almost 2 months with no issues and my procedure has not changed. the output from the radio comes through the speakers because the play arrow on the screen does not do anything. Previously if the arrow was pressed because the music did not play automatically the screen would display album art and music would start
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Also under your ride settings button you can switch from speakers to headset

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Also under your ride settings button you can switch from speakers to headset
    I hear the radio output through the speakers because the Media sound is not connecting
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

The max Radio output sound level on the Spyder is ridiculously low, and is virtually unheard at higher speeds (70mph+) The sound level from my BT Apple phone was great when it was working lol
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    The max Radio output sound level on the Spyder is ridiculously low, and is virtually unheard at higher speeds (70mph+) The sound level from my BT Apple phone was great when it was working lol
    I know sometimes when I restart the 2024 Spyder RTL the connection is there but can’t hear the music. I then have to use the volume “UP” toggle on the Spyder switch assembly to hear the music. Sometimes it goes all the way “down” upon engine start-up. Don’t know why but it does…..
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    I know sometimes when I restart the 2024 Spyder RTL the connection is there but can’t hear the music. I then have to use the volume “UP” toggle on the Spyder switch assembly to hear the music. Sometimes it goes all the way “down” upon engine start-up. Don’t know why but it does…..
    Nope, not my issue. Because the BT Music does not respond, it defaults to the Radio, which I can hear through the Speakers.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Yup same here on my 24'. Radio works, phone doesn't.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 05:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Have you run all your updates? And I thought I heard someone on here say that BRP is working on a update for this system and this problem! At time like this I am glad I run old iron!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Have you run all your updates? And I thought I heard someone on here say that BRP is working on a update for this system and this problem! At time like this I am glad I run old iron!!
    There are no updates currently available. What's strange is that it worked when I purchased it new at the beginning of February and just quit working after i stopped for Lunch the other day
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I have a 2022 RTL, purchased almost 1 year ago. I had similar problems as Maplehawk describes and through much trial and error, reading on here and watching videos, I finally found a system that works for me. Hope it works for others. For the volume issue make sure the volume on the phone is set to its highest level. I have the Cardo Packtalk Bold and used to connect the phone to my Cardo, then my GPS, then connect to BRP GO. This would work irregularly at best. Sometimes no music, sometimes plenty of music, sometimes lose the music during a ride. Here is what I now do:
    1. GPS disconnected from my phone.
    2. Set my phone to the music I want with the phone volume set to high,
    2. Turn on bike, plug my phone into the USB,
    3. After the blue tooth connection is made, music plays through my bikes speakers
    4. Adjust the volume on the bike
    5. Turn on headset, connects to my phone.
    This is a pain, but a solution I use. I liken it to earlier Spyders where we would have to wait for the Spyder to go through its warm-up exercises and then we could start it. Now I press the mode button and start-up. But for some reason BRP doesn't want us to be able to start up and go.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    I have a 2022 RTL, purchased almost 1 year ago. I had similar problems as Maplehawk describes and through much trial and error, reading on here and watching videos, I finally found a system that works for me. Hope it works for others. For the volume issue make sure the volume on the phone is set to its highest level. I have the Cardo Packtalk Bold and used to connect the phone to my Cardo, then my GPS, then connect to BRP GO. This would work irregularly at best. Sometimes no music, sometimes plenty of music, sometimes lose the music during a ride. Here is what I now do:
    1. GPS disconnected from my phone.
    2. Set my phone to the music I want with the phone volume set to high,
    2. Turn on bike, plug my phone into the USB,
    3. After the blue tooth connection is made, music plays through my bikes speakers
    4. Adjust the volume on the bike
    5. Turn on headset, connects to my phone.
    This is a pain, but a solution I use. I liken it to earlier Spyders where we would have to wait for the Spyder to go through its warm-up exercises and then we could start it. Now I press the mode button and start-up. But for some reason BRP doesn't want us to be able to start up and go.
    Thanks, but not sure how this may work with the new 2024 Model which has a completely new different Display and Interface than pre 2024 models. A prime example is BRP Go which is tied into CarPlay and therefore is unavailable until CarPlay is activated via a software upgrade once it becomes available. If you read my original post this worked for approximately 4-5 weeks from new and then just quit working...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 06:48 PM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Is your headset volume up and not muted? Also it is new so take it back to the dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    Is your headset volume up and not muted? Also it is new so take it back to the dealer.
    Not using a headset, using bike speakers, and if the volume wasn't up then I would not hear the Radio through the speakers, which I do. Dealer has no idea and said we have to wait to see if Apple CarPlay fixes the issue?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 10:51 PM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Well at least you are driving your bike.... Mine is still at the dealer. They are saying the screen is now fixed post the BRP reflash and displaying properly, but the other errors persist until the ACP update.

BRP should be making a really concerted effort to fix all the issues and make the new owners happy. Heck, the short reach bars BRP says will work, wont'! So therefore, I CAN'T ride mine as I would have to ride with dead straight arms that have shoulder issues already!

I have already posted here about the errors in the BRP catalog and website for the UFIT system re what the 2024 models use for the handlebars... BRP is dead silent on the latest issues, and it is now 7 months and counting since ACP was supposed to go live...

When will this end?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 05:22 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue. Finally, I noticed that my Spyder was linked thru the dock, not thru Bluetooth.

IMG_9358.jpg
    Last edited by Riplin; 04-11-2024 at 07:54 PM.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

I went for a demo ride and we were unable to get any sound out of the radio. Demo ride was on a 2024 RT, but I am purchasing a 2023 RT.

Spyder Garage

Maplehawk, though the Spyder may not have done an update, did your phone get an automatic update recently? Just throwin spitballs here to see if some other change may have affected the previously working system.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    I had the same issue. Finally, I noticed that my Spyder was linked thru the dock, not thru Bluetooth.

IMG_9358.jpg
    Mine does show handoff to BRP however still no sound
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Had something similar once, bike went into Radio mode which I never, ever use. Couldn't figure out how to switch it while riding so just left the sounds off. After I stopped and then came back for next leg of ride, everything was fine and haven't seen it since. I have almost 1,000 miles on it now and the BT music from my iPhone has worked fine except for that one time.

Hopefully the 2.1.x update with ACP might fix some of these little gremlins too whenever it eventually gets released for real.

Spyder Garage

Currently at the dealership to try and figure out the Bluetooth music issue. I will keep this thread updated
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    Currently at the dealership to try and figure out the Bluetooth music issue. I will keep this thread updated
    So dealer has no clue as to the issue. They contacted BRP and they also have no idea how to fix the issue. Dealership loaned me a brand new RTL same as mine, however i will be picking up my own bike tomorrow fixed or not and then we will have to see how we proceed with a bike that they do not know how to fix. I asked for a trade-in value on a Honda Goldwing DCT and although the cost new for either is very similar due to my Spyder being used it would cost me another $9500 which i don't have. I have no faith in BRP after this fiasco
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Same bike, same issue. It was bad enough that ACP wasn't operational when I got the bike, but now I can't listen to anything except the radio.

What really made me mad was that I had to tell my dealer that ACP wasn't active on any of the 2024 RTL's that they're selling. They'd been selling them for months and didn't have a clue. SMH...and my fist!
    2023 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic (Blue)