Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse2160 View Post
    Same bike, same issue. It was bad enough that ACP wasn't operational when I got the bike, but now I can't listen to anything except the radio.

What really made me mad was that I had to tell my dealer that ACP wasn't active on any of the 2024 RTL's that they're selling. They'd been selling them for months and didn't have a clue. SMH...and my fist!

Same here, I can only listen to my radio, plus I can’t turn it off.
    When I purchased the Spyder, I could listen to music off my iPhone, now it won’t work.

Same thing with my dealer, they had no clue there was an issue with ACP, that it did not work.
    I had to read it on this forum that it’s all messed up.

Seen this same issue of BRP not listening to their customers before.
    I had a 2014 skidoo snowmobile with premium gauge.
    This issue was it did not have handlebar heat at idle. So you had to ride with cold handlebars for a while before they warmed up.
    BRP would do nothing to fix this problem except make excuses. SOUNDS FAMILIAR?
    Long story short, I found a third -party company on DOOTalk to turn that option ON in the gauge.
    It was not a flash or reprogramming, the option just needed to be turned on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2024 at 03:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'm picking up my 24 Sea to Sky on Monday. Stopped by dealer to check it out yesterday. Was able to setup my Note 20 through BT and play music with no problem. Problem I'm seeing is after turning off the bike the display stays on for like 10sec and right when is turns off it sounds like the amp is unloading with static than it pops and turns off. Volume was low on bike and BT volume on phone was at max. I did not try the radio to see if it does the same thing. From what i have heard BRP has been working on this new screen setup for 3 years. Not very encouraging.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

Man o' man .. What the hell is wrong with the BRP engineering department

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

My Dealer opened a Case file with BRP. I contacted Customer support @ 1-888-272-922 and they were looked at my case file and said it looked like mine was the only Bike reporting this issue. In order to get results anyone with this issue needs to contact the phone number given and have them log the issue. If they get enough reports, then maybe they will put some urgency into finding a resolution. The person who I spoke to said once the issue was resolved I could apply for compensation for all the time I rode back and forth to the dealer to address this issue along with wasted work vacation days. My closest Dealer is over an hour away from where I live. The Goldwing DST is looking better every day, but the additional $9500 increase in cost due to my Spyder now being considered used is a hard pill to swallow!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2024 at 03:04 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    My Dealer opened a Case file with BRP. I contacted Customer support @ 1-888-272-922 and they were looked at my case file and said it looked like mine was the only Bike reporting this issue. In order to get results anyone with this issue needs to contact the phone number given and have them log the issue. If they get enough reports, then maybe they will put some urgency into finding a resolution. The person who I spoke to said once the issue was resolved I could apply for compensation for all the time I rode back and forth to the dealer to address this issue along with wasted work vacation days. My closest Dealer is over an hour away from where I live. The Goldwing DST is looking better every day, but the additional $9500 increase in cost due to my Spyder now being considered used is a hard pill to swallow!

Well this sounds like BRP, don’t have a clue as to what’s going on with the problem.
    They put out the update into the wild for anyone to download, without a select group of testers to find problems and to report back to them about how the update went.
    And now I read that we need to call BRP and let them know that we have problems.

Thanks for the post, I will be calling customer support and list all the issues I have so they start a trouble ticket...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

So update today from BRP Customer Support to my Dealer

We have several different issues with the new cluster and we are waiting for the big very important update. This update will solve several issues with the new cluster and includes as well the ACP function software. The update will be available in the first week May, they promised us.... Please do not spend more time diag of replacing parts before the update is installed
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    So update today from BRP Customer Support to my Dealer

We have several different issues with the new cluster and we are waiting for the big very important update. This update will solve several issues with the new cluster and includes as well the ACP function software. The update will be available in the first week May, they promised us.... Please do not spend more time diag of replacing parts before the update is installed
    Thanks for the update! Hopefully, I can maintain my sanity until they get this figured out.
    2023 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic (Blue)

Spyder Garage

/\/\ Great!

So this mimics what BRP said back in October of LAST year - wait for the ACP update! So we all did and guess what, it's crap! I'm guessing the screen was made in China and has sub-contracted parts unknown to BRP, and the Bosch software and firmware aren't playing nice with it, no clue why - but suspect substandard parts from China and crappy code from Bosch...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 09:54 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

As much as I'd love for Apple CarPlay to work as well on my 2024 Spyder as it does on my 2023 Honda, I'm willing to wait until they fix it, but I am getting annoyed at what appears to be all "it will be in the next update" answers from BRP.

In the meantime, I bought a Garmin Zumo XT GPS and a nice Arkon handlebar mount for it. I want to be able to travel those roads less traveled that I've never been on, and not get totally lost. The GPS is paired to my iPhone and the Sena 3S Plus headset mounted in my helmet, and I am happy with the way they work together.

And yes, I have frequently been accused of being an Apple Fanboy.

The only annoying thing I have yet to figure out is that every time I power everything on, it tries to play a song from the music list on my iPhone without me asking it too.

Ain't technology grand! And I'm allowed to mock technology, as I'm a retired IT professional.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 10:01 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Not sure what to think. My Bluetooth worked for 6 weeks before it quit, so I don't see how it's related to the Software Update? Personally, for me, if this software update does not fix my Bluetooth issue and allow ACP to work, then I will be unloading the Spyder for a Honda Goldwing Tourer DCT. I'm new to BRP and quite frankly, having read all the horror stories from previous years, I have little faith in them. Lying to customers (which they did to me) and failing to keep customers informed shows no respect for their customer base or dealerships. Sorry for the rant, I'm so over this bull****!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-22-2024 at 10:02 PM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

This is why I keep thinking that simpler is better. Just give me a Spyder that drives, cut the rest of the high tech garbage