Spyder Garage

Default 2024 RT Ltd Cruise Control Indicator Light not showing - anyone else?

My owners manual states that there will be a green indicator light on the display when the cruise is activated. I just finished a short ride with and without the cruise activated and no light. Any other 2024 with this problem?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Oh no... maybe the screen issue again on the 2024's ..... Mine did work just fine, including the indicator light on the screen (when the bike was working.)

First; Double check how you are enabling. Also, it won't enable below 25 mph. Gotta be above that speed.

Press cruise control button on right hand control after you use throttle to get to the speed you want. Then press the cruise control toggle down (bottom far right on the right-hand control) to set the cruise. You can then use the toggle to go faster (press it up) or slow down (press it down). It will disengage if you change gears or hit the brake. Be sure not to have your foot touching the brake when riding, as it can trigger issues if you are constantly touching it, plus Cruise won't engage.

See page 27, 28 and 29 in the 2024 RT operator's manual...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 05:02 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Oh no... maybe the screen issue again on the 2024's ..... Mine did work just fine, including the indicator light on the screen (when the bike was working.)

First; Double check how you are enabling. Also, it won't enable below 25 mph. Gotta be above that speed.

Press cruise control button on right hand control after you use throttle to get to the speed you want. Then press the cruise control toggle down (bottom far right on the right-hand control) to set the cruise. You can then use the toggle to go faster (press it up) or slow down (press it down). It will disengage if you change gears or hit the brake. Be sure not to have your foot touching the brake when riding, as it can trigger issues if you are constantly touching it, plus Cruise won't engage.

See page 27, 28 and 29 in the 2024 RT operator's manual...
    I believe he is saying he is not seeing the green light indicating the cruise control has been activated. Not that it is not working.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Well if that is so, then he'd better take it to the dealer as it could be the screen issues. My post was to ensure he got it activated properly....
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

I don't have a problem engaging or disengaging the cruise control, it's just that there is no indicator light on the display. You can also disengage by rolling the throttle backward.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    I don't have a problem engaging or disengaging the cruise control, it's just that there is no indicator light on the display. You can also disengage by rolling the throttle backward.
    " Rolling the Throttle BACKWARDS " .... I've had three spyders, and couldn't roll any of them Backwards .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " Rolling the Throttle BACKWARDS " .... I've had three spyders, and couldn't roll any of them Backwards .... Mike
    On the 2024's, the throttle acts as the Mode button, Reverse button, and the Cruise Disengage switch. When you turn on the key, the display starts to boot up; this happens a lot faster than on my old 2011. Once the screen boots up, you must roll the throttle forward, and push what used to be the Kill Switch in order to start the engine. This is just a quick roll forwards, as if you were momentarily decelerating; you do not have to hold it there. Once the engine is started, you must roll the throttle forward and hold it there with your foot on the brake in order to shift it into reverse.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-31-2024 at 01:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yes /\/\ this. Sorry cant help much on the green cruise light as my S2S is still at dealer with screen issues and other codes crap.. although just a thought....is your screen set to white mode or black mode.. never tried it in white mode as i prefer the black mode contrast as I see that better....but maybe not showing well there? Lastly is the screen in full view mode or split screen ? Try using it in full view mode to see if it is just hidden?

Agreed the owners manual section on this could use some real pics and not the gray crap BRP prints...
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 03-31-2024 at 07:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

On my 2020 the green light is only lit when the cruise control is in use.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I liked the cruise set up on my 2018, you can leave the cruise switch on all the time, and a green cruise light shows on the screen, but on the 2024, you must start the cruise system every time the bike is turned on.
    It is nice on the 2024 is it shows you what speed the cruise is set to when you disengage it.
    I do like the throttle roll back function for reverse, cruise disconnect, and to show the Home Screen.

Spyder Garage

Default Cruise Control Function

When you press the Cruise Control function button the Cruise Control Icon is displayed see attached pics in both light and dark screen. When you set the Cruise Control the ICON turns green
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maplehawk; 03-31-2024 at 10:54 AM. Reason: rotated pics
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Above is correct. On my 24 S2S, that icon turns on when you push the cruise button, then turns green when you set the speed, IT also shows the speed setting right next to it ie. 64; 48; etc. Pressing the up button increases it, and the down button decreases it.
    My preference is for the dark screen as data stands out better for me.

I also have the voltage displayed in the center, as I consider that vital to the operation and longevity of the bike. As I stated in previous posts re the crap OEM battery, I have it replaced with a Yuasa 350 CCA battery... The 6-month-old Jailiu battery on my 2023 S2S was showing 12.1 or less volts when cranking, as was my new 1-month-old 2024. Yuasa shows 12.8 cranking, and 14.3 when running.... OH, and use star washers on the connections!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)