Spyder Garage

Default Advice Please?! Opinions on RT Ltd's, 2017 vs 2019 - either better?

Advice please. I’m looking at two Spyder RT LTD’s - one a 2017 and the other a 2020. Both have similar miles and price. In you opinion, is one year model better than another? Thanks for any advice. Safe riding, lou
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... & fixed the year! ;-)

2011 RT-SM5 Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by laldll View Post
    Advice please. I’m looking at two Spyder RT LTD’s - one a 2017 and the other a 2020. Both have similar miles and price. In you opinion, is one year model better than another? Thanks for any advice. Safe riding, lou
    Well IMHO if they are basically the same Price the 2020 is waaaaay better pricewise .... it has three years less depreciation .... and the 17 is way over-priced ..... Can you tell us the prices .....Thanks ...Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well IMHO if they are basically the same Price the 2020 is waaaaay better pricewise .... it has three years less depreciation .... and the 17 is way over-priced ..... Can you tell us the prices .....Thanks ...Mike
    Thanks Mike. Correction: 2019 not a 2020, my mistake. $17,500

2011 RT-SM5 Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by laldll View Post
    Thanks Mike. Correction: 2019 not a 2020, my mistake. $17,500
    Thanks ..... if that price is almost the same for both the 2020 is a killer deal and the 19 is a deal , but NOT compared to the 20 ..... good luck ...Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-30-2024 at 11:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Bout same depending on color preference , extras & service history. Parts wise the 20 will bar lil more time of discontinued parts available. Might help

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks ..... if that price is almost the same for both the 2020 is a killer deal and the 19 is a deal , but compared to the 20 ..... good luck ...Mike
    I think his correction is a 2017 or 2019, so 2019 for the win with the full digital dash! If the 2019 is a chrome addition, those are my favorite wheels ever put on a Spyder.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.