Spyder Garage

Default 2023 F3T - Removed Rear lower fender mud flap/skirt - any help on how to replace?

I noticed that the lower mud flap was barely hanging on after a 100-mile ride when I got back home. I tried everything I could for over an hour trying to put the remaining three clips out of 4 back in its place. The only thing holding it was that one clip and the two screws and pins holding it on. So I just removed it completely for safety reasons and keeping it from further damage to the bike or someone behind me. Now, how in the heck to put that thing back on properly? I researched online, and I could not find anything about that. Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

On a side-note, it does look cooler, but not sure how it handles throwing up rocks or in the rain at anyone following...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mason417 View Post
    I noticed that the lower mud flap was barely hanging on after a 100-mile ride when I got back home. I tried everything I could for over an hour trying to put the remaining three clips out of 4 back in its place. The only thing holding it was that one clip and the two screws and pins holding it on. So I just removed it completely for safety reasons and keeping it from further damage to the bike or someone behind me. Now, how in the heck to put that thing back on properly? I researched online, and I could not find anything about that. Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

On a side-note, it does look cooler, but not sure how it handles throwing up rocks or in the rain at anyone following...
    Well the rear mudflap is what keeps water etc. off your back ..... The OEM size could be improved, because STOCK isn't great ....JMHO ...Mike

Spyder Garage

They're a bit of a bugger to install, but here's how I did mine:

Heat helps, so a hot sunny day is your friend. Get the lower flap nice & warm in the sun; slide it up along the tire tread; flexing/twisting the "outer ears" to go on top of the rear panel while pushing the center under the upper molding/flap. It seems like a third hand would help, but work from side to side, sliding the center past the pins on the upper molding (I remember having to push the center against the tire to accomplish this).

Once you have those "ears" in place, and the pins on the upper molding are aligned with the 4 holes in the center of the lower flap, try pushing the upper molding against the tire to seat the pins; it may or may not work completely, but you might get lucky. If not, try sliding something curved (or slightly bent) up along the tire to act as a spacer so that the pins will snap through that (lower) flap; I used a gasket scraper, but a short prybar, maybe a screwdriver, something that will act as a backer to that lower flap will work.

It was frustrating, but I finally got it to click in. Good luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-31-2024 at 08:07 AM.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

https://www.autozone.com/gaskets-and..._0_0?rrec=true

I just use three of the fender retaining clips, on my 2023 F3-T, that way I can remove and install as needed. Works well. Good luck
    Last edited by Chief-J; 04-01-2024 at 06:43 AM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief-J View Post
    https://www.autozone.com/gaskets-and..._0_0?rrec=true

I just use three of the fender retaining clips, on my 2023 F3-T, that way I can remove and install as needed. Works well. Good luck
    The lower half did the same thing on my 2021 RTL. I used the same type of fastener on mine, just picked them up from Lowe's hardware. No worries about it coming loose again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white