Spyder Garage

Default BRP emblem on trunk is foggy. How to restore gloss?

The rubbery BRP emblem on my top trunk is fogged over, like the prior owner used some solvent or something.

Before I call up chemical guys, do any detailers know the correct way to restore the shine on this? I know many ways to not make it any better, lol.

I have a headlight restoration kit with some buffing compund, but headlights are much harder than this material, so I am afraid to try that.
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Follow up: is the original emblem glossy on the 2019 RTLs? Maybe it's supposed to be matte. If so, it looks bad, as everything else back there is glossy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42 View Post
    The rubbery BRP emblem on my top trunk is fogged over, like the prior owner used some solvent or something.

Before I call up chemical guys, do any detailers know the correct way to restore the shine on this? I know many ways to not make it any better, lol.

I have a headlight restoration kit with some buffing compund, but headlights are much harder than this material, so I am afraid to try that.

Are you talking about just the BRP round emblem or the whole wide piece. I just changed out my dark whole wide piece for a chrome one. The chrome one did not come with the round BRP emblem. It is just stuck on with double back black tape. I carefully removed it and stuck on the chrome one. The round emblem was not on the new chrome piece. Here is the part # BRP Logo 68 mm 516008739
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

This. See how foggy/clouded it appears?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I would replace it with a new decal/emblem from Lamonster. They have a number of options. The emblem will com off with a little pulling and peeling. clean up some surface with alcohol and then attach a new one. I do not have a picture but I did the frunk and trunk.
    2021 F3 Limited. 2013 RT Limited.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can replace them with a custom emblem.

I had a custom one just recently made by Laurie at Ironside Customshop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IronsideCu...about-shopname

She does some wonderful work.

IMG_20240329_153445590_HDR~2.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2024 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's iaw policy to minimize spam/scam opportunities...

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

My lovely sweetheart had this made for me several years ago. The claddagh was made by Sue Hopper and it lights up!
    2024-3-29 Cladagh on bike.jpg .
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

I found a round Punisher Skull emblem on Amazon and stuck it over mine. Might not be for everybody, but it works for me.

If that fades out eventually, I will just scrape it off and stick a new one on. Pretty sure what I paid for the Punisher emblem was not as much as what a new BRP emblem would sell for.

Looks about like this one. EBAy and other places got them too. All you need to know is the size.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

This worked for mine.
    PXL_20240330_141812508.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I found a round Punisher Skull emblem on Amazon and stuck it over mine. Might not be for everybody, but it works for me.

If that fades out eventually, I will just scrape it off and stick a new one on. Pretty sure what I paid for the Punisher emblem was not as much as what a new BRP emblem would sell for.

Looks about like this one. EBAy and other places got them too. All you need to know is the size.
    The OEM emblem is $14.99.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default How about something FUN

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 08:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    This worked for mine.
    PXL_20240330_141812508.jpg
    I use that stuff on my face shields. Maybe I will try it on some of the other plastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Not really into Star Fleet, but I like;
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I use that stuff on my face shields. Maybe I will try it on some of the other plastic.
    I've used this in the past on headlights and such .... it's an abrasive cutter and polisher ... I wouldn't use it on my shield unless it needed some repairing of some sort.
    I will try it on the emblem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42 View Post
    I've used this in the past on headlights and such .... it's an abrasive cutter and polisher ... I wouldn't use it on my shield unless it needed some repairing of some sort.
    I will try it on the emblem.
    Have you ever been in Florida during lovebug season?