Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
Kumhos will work well on a Spyder in any wheel position, and should even return similar or better milage to most other good quality a/mkt tires without abnormal wear or loss of traction if you set their pressures appropriately (lower ) for the lighter load of a Spyder vs that of most cars when they're new; but they will tend to 'harden up' & apparently 'lose traction' as they age/rack up the miles, developing that typical 'over-inflated' strip of wear down the centre of the tread, especially if you stick with that same pressure you worked out when new and stay with that from there on!!

This is because as their tread compound ages and hardens (their tread compound starts out a bit softer, then progressively gets a little harder as they wear/age, a bit more so than many other a/mkt tires) they will gradually need you to run a slightly lower pressure in order to get the tread compound up to its optimum operating temp as you ride and to avoid developing that centre wear strip and losing traction, especially in the wet!! However, the up-side of this 'hardening up' as they age thing can mean that for some users/in some applications, they get somewhat better milage/life than most!

All of which means that, if you're prepared to monitor your Kumho tires, their pressures, and their rate of wear a little more than you might with some other a/mkt tires, they should work/provide traction at least as well as most, and might even return similar or better milage to that of most other good quality a/mkt tires without any abnormal wear or loss of traction - but only if you are prepared to monitor and adjust their pressures appropriately as they age/harden up!

Just Sayin'
OK, I just put Kumhos on the rear and I need some good news after all of the comments I have seen. What pressure do you recommend? I am currently running 20 lbs.
Leon