Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    15 psi in the front Kendas (either version) is ok. Low pressure may give you a cushier ride. But I don't like it because the sidewalls tend to roll under giving you less steering input and less traction on the outside tire which is your main source of both in a turn. I don't think 15 psi gives you any additional tire life. And the fronts last forever anyway if alignment is good.

I recommend between 18~20 psi, depending on loading. But 15 psi isn't a problem.
    Kenda tires are weakly made so the sidewalls will flex at lower tire pressures ..... Auto tires however don't have this problem and can be great at 15 PSI .....Mike

Spyder Garage

I have put Vredesteins on the front of two Spyders! It improved the ride by 100 percent over the kenda pos!
    I have a Vredestein for the rear, putting it on soon.
    I wouldn't let my mother in law ride on kenda anything, and I hate her! Lol

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhartjr View Post
    I have put Vredesteins on the front of two Spyders! It improved the ride by 100 percent over the kenda pos!
    I have a Vredestein for the rear, putting it on soon.
    I wouldn't let my mother in law ride on kenda anything, and I hate her! Lol
    What PSI's are you using .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you Peter, good information.
    Where I ride it can get pretty hot and highway speeds of 80+ mph are not uncommon, so I'll start with 16 psi in the front and 18 in the rear.
    I received the rear tire yesterday, fronts are coming in Thursday, feedback to follow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jma57 View Post
    Thank you Peter, good information.
    Where I ride it can get pretty hot and highway speeds of 80+ mph are not uncommon, so I'll start with 16 psi in the front and 18 in the rear.
    I received the rear tire yesterday, fronts are coming in Thursday, feedback to follow.
    Thanks!

However, as others have mentioned, if you're running Kenda Kanines up front, they are still effectively the same tire carcass as the OEM Spec Kendas, so you really need to run the same pressure in them as recommended for the OEM Spec Kendas - ESPECIALLY if you are going to be riding fast-ish in hot conditions!!

The a/mkt tire on the rear should be fine at that sort of pressure, the Kendas, ANY KENDA, including Kanine's, not so much!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well...new shoes all around, the fronts came in sooner than expected.
    After 30 miles or so of riding all appears to be well. I have to get used to the lower psi in the rear, it feels different but traction is good and no vibrations anywhere.
    I also adjusted the belt, it was rubbing the outside front sprocket and the vibration I think that caused is now gone.
    Time will tell but first impressions are positive, maybe it's me but steering effort is lighter than before.