Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Limited - can I get the 20.8 Dash Upgrade done?

I have a 2018 RT Limited and I would like to get the dash updated. It now has the 11.02 version software. I talked to a dealer today and he had never heard of the 20.8 upgrade. He said depending on the vin # whether or not he could upgrade it. Does he know what he is talking about? He said I could bring it in, and they could try to upgrade it. It would cost me around 1 hour in labor. I have read on the forums that a lot of people have had the upgrade done.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RMO826 View Post
    I have a 2018 RT Limited and I would like to get the dash updated. It now has the 11.02 version software. I talked to a dealer today and he had never heard of the 20.8 upgrade. He said depending on the vin # whether or not he could upgrade it. Does he know what he is talking about? He said I could bring it in, and they could try to upgrade it. It would cost me around 1 hour in labor. I have read on the forums that a lot of people have had the upgrade done.

I got that done to my first 2018 RT about 3 years ago, now the dealers are giving me the run around on upgrading the 2018 RT I bought in the end of January. When they hook it up to BUDS2, if the cluster has the red lightning bolt, then it should be able to be updated. Let me know how you fare on getting this done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 03-26-2024 at 07:37 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

PM sent Snoking, regarding the risks of divulging unique identification details (as shown on some on those images above) on any social media site!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    PM sent Snoking, regarding the risks of divulging unique identification details (as shown on some on those images above) on any social media site!!
    For the record, that was not my vin on the two documents. I modified the docs and removed another member vin from his docs that he had posted in an earlier thread, having been contacted by the mod. I have a F-150 pickup and on a forum for the F-150 people post their vin all the time asking one of the super users to check of their update process. No one has ever expressed a concern about visibility of vin numbers on that forum. In the US we normally do not show license plate numbers however, in the belief that that someone can determine your location with that information.

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Just to let you know. I contacted BRP tech support and this is what they said. I spoke to my colleagues regarding your request and they let me know that it is possible to have the software upgraded. The unit would need to be at the dealership, and they would need to create a case with BRP and upload the BUDS file to the case. I did send BRP my vin#. I hope this will help with yours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    For the record, that was not my vin on the two documents. I modified the docs and removed another member vin from his docs that he had posted in an earlier thread, having been contacted by the mod. I have a F-150 pickup and on a forum for the F-150 people post their vin all the time asking one of the super users to check of their update process. No one has ever expressed a concern about visibility of vin numbers on that forum. In the US we normally do not show license plate numbers however, in the belief that that someone can determine your location with that information.
    Thanks for the clarification. And for your comments re your F150 & others displaying VIN#s too.

However, while it was not such a problem only a few years back so that many got comfortable doing it, the low-lives out there aren't sitting still/not learning!! They are becoming increasingly sophisticated and adept at using ANY identification information you might knowingly &/or unwittingly share to their advantage, be it personal identification info or unique identification details of your vehicles &/or other goods & chattels. While I know of more instances of this occurring here in Oz (cos that's where I am! ) that particular example I shared some info with you about in the PM happened in the US, across 2 States; and as I also mentioned, despite him having eventually being able to clearly establish his legitimate ownership of that vehicle thru the courts, the fraudulent activity involving details he posted is STILL causing him headaches & costs some time down track!

So, I'll say it again, for all to see -

You REALLY SHOULD NOT POST ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION &/or ANY UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS FOR ANYTHING on ANY Social Media's public pages

Doing so not only helps make YOU a target, it also helps make other members and whatever site it's posted on a target too!

Ps: If you've got access to the right software (and it doesn't even take access to the Dark Web to get it! ) even just a picture of the front of your home, without any street detail or numbers visible; or worse, just a pic of the street outside your house; can now be used to determine where you live/where all that valuable and attractive gear and any vehicles you own and post about, can be found for the taking!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2024 at 08:57 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just to let you know. I contacted BRP tech support and this is what they said. I spoke to my colleagues regarding your request and they let me know that it is possible to have the software upgraded. The unit would need to be at the dealership, and they would need to create a case with BRP and upload the BUDS file to the case. I did send BRP my vin#. I hope this will help with yours.
    Please keep us posted, I would really like get this update done to Hookie. He is now in storage until the fall however.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to let you know that the dealer was able to upgrade mine to the 20.8 version software. It now has the miles till empty and the average mpg seems to be working. BRP told me that all of the 2018 Limited could be upgraded.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to let you know that the dealer was able to upgrade mine to the 20.8 version software. It now has the miles till empty and the average mpg seems to be working. BRP told me that all of the 2018 Limited could be upgraded.
    OK, THANKS. The one that needs it done is in storage for the summer, I will follow up with the dealer in the fall.