Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikesister View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. CarPlay would indeed be nice to have. The 2024 S2S isn’t a great fit for me, partly because of the color. I love 2023’s Shadow Green (I think people either love it or hate it), and I’m not crazy about Vegas White Satin - although the brown trim on the seats is great. The biggest reason, though, is that the 2024 is ~$5,000 more than the lovely deal I’m getting on the 2023.

From your sig, looks like you have a green S2S. Is there anything about it you don’t love?
    I agree on the color. Back when I was a fleet manager, all of our vehicles had to be white per the owner. I've seen enough white to last a lifetime.

Besides, saving 5 grand is always a good thing!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestion. CarPlay would indeed be nice to have. The 2024 S2S isn’t a great fit for me, partly because of the color. I love 2023’s Shadow Green (I think people either love it or hate it), and I’m not crazy about Vegas White Satin - although the brown trim on the seats is great. The biggest reason, though, is that the 2024 is ~$5,000 more than the lovely deal I’m getting on the 2023.

From your sig, looks like you have a green S2S. Is there anything about it you don’t love?
    I have both 2024 S2S AND 2023 S2S.... Zero issues with the 2023. We did have BaJaRon install F3 bars and risers to the 2023 S2S as my wife has short arms.... You should be able to get a new leftover 2023 S2S at a good discount. You should also be able to get the matching colour driver's seat back so the stitching matches. I did not get the matching stitching seat back and that is the only issue for me... We had BaJaRon install his Ultimate bar on the 2023 ... works nicely... We have signed up for him to do the same for the 2024 too.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-08-2024 at 01:14 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Annnnnnd here’s my shiny new Green Shadow S2S. True to the name, the color looks dark green in the shade and a softer green in the sunlight. She has a few quirks (including an alarming ! Transmission Fault ! error), so she’s going back to the dealer this weekend to get checked out. It’s disappointing having that happen on the initial ride home, but they are being very nice about it. Can’t wait to get her back so we can ride!

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out which model to get. I appreciate all of your wisdom and different perspectives. Someone here mentioned the matching tailpiece, so I knew enough to ask the dealer about it. He had no idea but checked in their stockroom, and sure enough, they had one for this specific VIN.

IMG_3286.jpg
    Last edited by trikesister; 04-11-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Annnnnnd here’s my shiny new Green Shadow S2S. True to the name, the color looks dark green in the shade and a softer green in the sunlight. She has a few quirks (including an alarming ! Transmission Fault ! error), so she’s going back to the dealer this weekend to get checked out. It’s disappointing having that happen on the initial ride home, but they are being very nice about it. Can’t wait to get her back so we can ride!

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out which model to get. I appreciate all of your wisdom and different perspectives. Someone here mentioned the matching tailpiece, so I knew enough to ask the dealer about it. He had no idea but checked in their stockroom, and sure enough, they had one for this specific VIN.

IMG_3286.jpg
    Awesome! Congrats on the new S2S. Hopefully, the code is something easily and quickly fixed. Safe travels
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Congrats!

Spyder Garage

IMG_3286.jpg
    The transmission fault error may have been caused by low battery. Some dealers don't charge them up fully before delivery. Put it on a tender overnight, and see if the error comes up again.

And of course: A very nice looking Spyder. And you got the "top of the line."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The transmission fault error may have been caused by low battery. Some dealers don't charge them up fully before delivery. Put it on a tender overnight, and see if the error comes up again.

And of course: A very nice looking Spyder. And you got the "top of the line."
    Thank you!

I read about that error possibly being a low battery, or maybe the computer system thingy needs to be re-flashed. Either of those things is certainly possible for a 2023 bike that’s been sitting on the lot/garage for a year. But the service guy said they would like to take a look at it, so I’ll let them

There are a couple of other things I want them to check, including a super bouncy ride. I don’t hear the self leveling suspension doing its thing, as I did with my previous F3 Limited, so maybe there’s something that didn’t get connected. They are coming to pick it up tomorrow, so I should know soon.

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

I read about that error possibly being a low battery, or maybe the computer system thingy needs to be re-flashed. Either of those things is certainly possible for a 2023 bike that’s been sitting on the lot/garage for a year. But the service guy said they would like to take a look at it, so I’ll let them

There are a couple of other things I want them to check, including a super bouncy ride. I don’t hear the self leveling suspension doing its thing, as I did with my previous F3 Limited, so maybe there’s something that didn’t get connected. They are coming to pick it up tomorrow, so I should know soon.
    Make sure that they check the linkage for the rear shock. There have been a lot of them left unattached.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new Spyder S2S
    2024 Can Am Spyder RT Limited S2S

Spyder Embossed Gremlin Bell
    FOBO Bike 2 TPMS

Misc Items (Carried or Worn on Spyder):
    - Shoei Neotec 2 Helmets, Rider & Passenger w/ Cardo Packtalk Edge Comms
    - Foldable Cane
    - Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
    - Frarome Portable Air Compressor/Tire Inflator - USB Rechargeable
    - Hoxida Tactical Flashlight, USB rechargeable, 20000 Lumens
    - Two Black Flag Poles. Show Chrome / Lamonster Garage

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

I have an update, and the news isn’t good. The service dept checked the suspension and say it’s working as expected. I am a little skeptical, but letting that go for now. There are a couple of other parts that need to be completely replaced, including the console fairing (mis-aligned) and the hood (big scratch, which the dealer admitted they caused). That work will take another week or two.

The big issue is the transmission, which is indeed faulty. The service guy said the S2S is not safe to ride until it is fixed. They have ordered a new part, but it is on backorder until late August. Yes, 4.5 months from now. Needless to say, that is not going to work for me.

With all of these issues, my confidence in this particular S2S is now gone. The dealer sold me a brand new, top of the line trike that’s defective in multiple ways. It’s so disappointing. I am hoping a call to the GM can make it right.
    Last edited by trikesister; 04-18-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have an update, and the news isn’t good. The service dept checked the suspension and say it’s working as expected. I am a little skeptical, but letting that go for now. There are a couple of other parts that need to be completely replaced, including the console fairing (mis-aligned) and the hood (big scratch, which the dealer admitted they caused). That work will take another week or two.

The big issue is the transmission, which is indeed faulty. The service guy said the S2S is not safe to ride until it is fixed. They have ordered a new part, but it is on backorder until late August. Yes, 4.5 months from now. Needless to say, that is not going to work for me.

With all of these issues, my confidence in this particular S2S is now gone. The dealer sold me a brand new, top of the line trike that’s defective in multiple ways. It’s so disappointing. I am hoping a call to the GM can make it right.
    Wow, that is not the way to start a relationship with a new bike. They should be searching for another dealership with a 2023 Sea to Sky so they can do an exchange. There is no way you should be expected to wait while a new bike is being repaired. I hope it works out for you. Makes me glad that I picked up my 2021 RTL from an individual, who had gotten the kinks out. After all, nearly 2 years of ownership, and it only had 500 miles. So I got a practically new bike for $10k off list price.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Wow, that is not the way to start a relationship with a new bike. They should be searching for another dealership with a 2023 Sea to Sky so they can do an exchange. There is no way you should be expected to wait while a new bike is being repaired. I hope it works out for you. Makes me glad that I picked up my 2021 RTL from an individual, who had gotten the kinks out. After all, nearly 2 years of ownership, and it only had 500 miles. So I got a practically new bike for $10k off list price.
    Thank you so much. Sounds like you got a great deal!

You are right; even not counting the transmission, I am already having to wait several weeks post-purchase to have the other repairs completed. At this point, what I want is for them to let me trade the S2S for a 2024 RT Limited. I’m not opposed to paying a little extra to cover the price difference. That way, I’ll get a bike that hasn’t been sitting on the lot/in the garage for a year, they will still get to sell me a very expensive bike, and I’ll be delighted with their customer service. Seems like a win-win.

Spyder Garage

You are right; even not counting the transmission, I am already having to wait several weeks post-purchase to have the other repairs completed. At this point, what I want is for them to let me trade the S2S for a 2024 RT Limited. I’m not opposed to paying a little extra to cover the price difference. That way, I’ll get a bike that hasn’t been sitting on the lot/in the garage for a year, they will still get to sell me a very expensive bike, and I’ll be delighted with their customer service. Seems like a win-win.
    Sorry to hear your new Spyder has problems. Hopefully the dealer will make it right. Last year we got a new '23 RTL. We looked at the S2S, but we kinda wanted a red one. So our 2023 RTL has heated passenger grips and heated seat as well as drivers' heated grips and seat. So far, it’s been trouble free.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

Red face

Happy ending!

I am pleased to report that my dealer 100% did the right thing and kindly granted my request to exchange the defective 2023 S2S with a new 2024 RTL. All of the staff - from the GM to sales, finance, and the title clerk - were very nice about it and apologetic that this had happened. The icing on the cake is that they did not charge me the higher price for the 2024 RTL; I just had to sign new papers and didn’t have to pay them any extra. I am indeed delighted with their customer service… and with my shiny new RTL

Gotta love a story with a happy ending.

IMG_3338.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-24-2024 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

That sounds like a dealership u can count on!! Congrats and safe riding!!
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Congrats x2
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic