Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Question Considering 2023 RT base vs 2023 RT Sea to Sky - is the S2S worth it?

I've gotten good end-of-model-year offers for both a 2023 silver RT base model and a 2023 green RT Sea to Sky, both brand new.

The main differences I can see are that the S2S has fancier seats, passenger heated grips, rider and passenger heated seats, self-leveling shocks, and a color matched top box.

Since I don't do a lot of touring, I'm trying to determine whether the S2S is worth the extra ~$4k.

My thoughts are:
    • I love the S2S green, but would be fine with the sparkly silver as well.
    • I can fit my full-face helmet in the frunk on the base RT, but previously had an F3 Limited Special Series and it was great to be able to fit two helmets in the top box.
    • I think the RT base looks a smidge sportier without the top box, but I could remove it from the S2S if I wanted to.
    • I enjoyed the self-leveling shocks on my F3LSS but it's prob more a want than a need.
    • I am not a big cold weather rider, but I live in CO so the heated seats would be a nice to have.

My questions are:
    • Are there things to know about the 2023 model year, plus or minus? The dealer also has a blue 2024 RT LTD but that's more expensive than the S2S (no promos), and with all the display issues on the 2024's, I'm not sure that is worth it.
    • I noticed that the S2S is a bit heavier; does the engine pull the extra weight well at highway speeds?
    • Am I missing anything else?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:18 PM. Reason: 2013 - 2023 ;-)