Spyder Garage

Default Have you seen the Outrageous cost of Spyder accessories!?!

I occasionally get emails from Can Am, as I sure most of you do. Normally I just delete them without reading them, but today's email was about luggage accessories. I have an RT, not an RTL, and while between the frunk and the side cases I have never needed more storage room, I thought it might be worthwhile to see about a fitted soft luggage bag for the back deck (where the trunk sits on the Limited). The ad included some nice items, but the prices were outrageous in my opinion. As a comparison, I recently bought a set of soft saddle bags for my new Royal Enfield Hunter 350, and the bags that I got for right around $100 are super well made and designed to fit and look great on this smallish motorcycle. The Can Am item, on the other hand (LinQ accessories) is a semi-rigid bag, but for $449! $150 looks more reasonable, maybe $200, but not $449. This reminds me of Harley Davidson accessories which are ridiculously priced just to have the HD logo on the item.

I think I will look elsewhere for a rear bag, or just bungee one of the many bags I have accumulated over the decades for use on other motorcycles and not bother trying to find the perfect one for that space.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I occasionally get emails from Can Am, as I sure most of you do. Normally I just delete them without reading them, but today's email was about luggage accessories. I have an RT, not an RTL, and while between the frunk and the side cases I have never needed more storage room, I thought it might be worthwhile to see about a fitted soft luggage bag for the back deck (where the trunk sits on the Limited). The ad included some nice items, but the prices were outrageous in my opinion. As a comparison, I recently bought a set of soft saddle bags for my new Royal Enfield Hunter 350, and the bags that I got for right around $100 are super well made and designed to fit and look great on this smallish motorcycle. The Can Am item, on the other hand (LinQ accessories) is a semi-rigid bag, but for $449! $150 looks more reasonable, maybe $200, but not $449. This reminds me of Harley Davidson accessories which are ridiculously priced just to have the HD logo on the item.

I think I will look elsewhere for a rear bag, or just bungee one of the many bags I have accumulated over the decades for use on other motorcycles and not bother trying to find the perfect one for that space.
    Hopnel is the magic word. VERY GOOD stuff for the money. Check out Lamonster Garage.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I do not know if this will work for you. but the price is affordable.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/N...stRackBag.aspx

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

“BRP”. Assemble whatever combination for the acronym

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    “BRP”. Assemble whatever combination for the acronym
    Now that would be a thread with legs! The moderators might need to burn some midnight oil keeping it clean though...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...