Spyder Garage

Default I replaced original Saddlebag reflectors using TricLED Red LED Running Light kit

I replaced the original saddlebag reflectors on the saddlebags with the lighted LED reflectors. The kit installed ok, except that my hand really doesn't fit in there where you have to reach in the narrow slot after removing 3 screws and a push-pin as shown in the video. I managed with the help of a long-nose needle pliers with a couple scratch and "ouch that hurts" exclamations (insert your own words here!). But overall not a bad install.

Interesting thing was: the install video noted that I would need an 8mm socket to remove the strap that holds the saddlebag cover when opened. That was true on the right side of the bike. But... on the left side, BRP (I assume, unless the dealer monkeyed with it ... which I doubt) instead of the 8mm socket, it was a torques screw head. Do they just use whatever screw is laying around within reach when they assemble these?

Regardless, I think any added lighting provides additional safety and these lights are VERY bright.

Unlighted-saddlebag.jpg

Lighted-saddlebag.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

It looks nice!

Spyder Garage

Very nice looking. And installed quite well.
    Good luck with your new lights.
    As you state, the added lights also add safety.
    You may, however, find that the bike looks a little "lopsided" unless you also replace the amber front fender markers with LEDs.
    It's hard to tell from your avatar, but LEDs are available for the front of the mirrors to add more visibility to incoming traffic.
    The lights you've added look really great.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I had also replaced the red and amber reflectors on the fenders with LEDs. These are also increasing visibility and the turn signal shows up much better. I have not looked at LEDs on the front of the mirrors. After the scratches on my hands heal up from the saddlebag LED installs ... maybe I'll look at more lighting up front

Spyder Garage

Do they just use whatever screw is laying around within reach when they assemble these?

Yes. If the bike is on a moving assembly line and the proper fastener isn't readily available you use what you have at hand. Happened a lot where I worked, but it was noted and the proper fastener and torque was installed before the vehicle was shipped. Looks like one slipped past the QA inspector.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I also replaced the saddlebag side markers and the front reflectors.

I replaced the OEM saddlebag side-markers with Red LED Nano Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination.

Also, I replaced the OEM front fenders markers (red and amber) with the Red/Amber Sequential LED's with the Safety Reflector. I bought these from Value Accessories, they are a vendor on this site.

The is now more visible. People can see the lights on the side.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 06:23 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I had replaced the OEM front fender Reflectors with the Red/Amber LED's. Mine aren't the sequential ones so they are not as "cool" as the sequentials. But they were on sale at a price I couldn't pass up. Probably because most people want the sequential ones and they had to discount the old stock. But they are bright and make the turn signals much more visible.

That brings up a question; I saw someone recently who, in my opinion, had mounted the sequential ones such that they sequenced backwards. E.g. from front to back/top to bottom. I would have thought they should sequence from back to front. Perhaps a mistake, perhaps just an opinion thing?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:50 PM.