Spyder Garage

Default First time installing battery in a 1330 - couldn't get top bracket right!

Brought the battery out of storage and charged it up today. Installed the battery and I had a heck of a time getting the metal bracket positioned correctly on top of the battery. Finally found my problem. I had connected the battery cables before trying to install the bracket. Had to remove the negative cable and then I was able to get the metal bracket in position correctly. Installed my new XM radio today too. It works! Now I just need to subscribe.

Took Spyder down the hill and back, it ran great. I just need to renew the registration and I will be all set for the ryding season. Bruce
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2024 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Brought the battery out of storage and charged it up today. Installed the battery and I had a heck of a time getting the metal bracket positioned correctly on top of the battery. Finally found my problem. I had connected the battery cables before trying to install the bracket. Had to remove the negative cable and then I was able to get the metal bracket in position correctly. Installed my new XM radio today too. It works! Now I just need to subscribe.

Took Spyder down the hill and back, it ran great. I just need to renew the registration and I will be all set for the ryding season. Bruce
    I also have a 1330 Spyder ..... I wrap some sturdy cord around the battery, which makes removal quite easy .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2024 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)