Spyder Garage

Default Helmet Day! Got a new Bell Modular!

I was a bad boy and continued using the same Shoei helmet for twelve years. Got a new Bell Modular helmet today and transferred the Cardo Packtalk.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2024 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Better than waiting 'til the other helmet had issues

(not hijacking) sum fun finds:

CB85500A-E5B5-4942-AE32-565B6600086A.jpeg 2BCEB547-2AA2-4DAD-8686-E53421780EC0.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-12-2024 at 12:32 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Good to hear you finally did the right thing, but we do really need pics Elwood??

Glad you found those pics tho, B from LA...

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Better than waiting 'til the other helmet had issues

(not hijacking) sum fun finds:

CB85500A-E5B5-4942-AE32-565B6600086A.jpeg 2BCEB547-2AA2-4DAD-8686-E53421780EC0.jpg
    I've always wondered, How on earth couldja get that last one on?! And then that pic makes it reasonable clear - they DIDN'T!

Check it out, it's gotta be done with photo-shop or some similar editor!?!

AFAICS, there's absofreakinlutely NO WAY that anyone with an even vaguely 'normal' sized head could get their head thru the face plate hole on a modern full-face helmet with a permanently affixed chin guard in the way like that - maybe you could do it in something with a removable chin guard, but even the old style 'full-face helmets' that had a dirty great panoramic window up front for you to see out of didn't have room for anything but a pin-head to fit thru the face-plate hole!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-12-2024 at 12:47 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Good to hear you finally did the right thing, but we do really need pics Elwood??

Glad you found those pics tho, B from LA...

I've always wondered, How on earth couldja get that last one on?! And then that pic makes it reasonable clear - they DIDN'T!

Check it out, it's gotta be done with photo-shop or some similar editor!?!

AFAICS, there's absofreakinlutely NO WAY that anyone with an even vaguely 'normal' sized head could get their head thru the face plate hole on a modern full-face helmet with a permanently affixed chin guard in the way like that - maybe you could do it in something with a removable chin guard, but even the old style 'full-face helmets' that had a dirty great panoramic window up front for you to see out of didn't have room for anything but a pin-head to fit thru the face-plate hole!
    Got me at first too,Closer inspection it is a modular & visor removed still don’t guarantee Individual didn’t try operating that way** treading on hijack already**97981A19-1B9C-4EA1-A4DB-67AE2FA7B35C.jpg
    Last edited by Bfromla; 03-14-2024 at 12:24 AM. Reason: **

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Most likely removed the chin piece and reinstalled it with person in it.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I also have a Bell modular I like it quite well. About time to get a new one. I think this one is close on 5 years old. I hate to see it go as it matches the Spyder so well.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    I was a bad boy and continued using the same Shoei helmet for twelve years. Got a new Bell Modular helmet today and transferred the Cardo Packtalk.
    Hope you have better luck with the Bell than me and the missus did. After about one hour, we both had painful headaches, and would have to stop and take them off. We ended up getting Sena Outreach helmets from Motorcycle Dave (They have the Sena comms built in), and we both find them to bea really comfortable.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Hope you have better luck with the Bell than me and the missus did. After about one hour, we both had painful headaches, and would have to stop and take them off. We ended up getting Sena Outreach helmets from Motorcycle Dave (They have the Sena comms built in), and we both find them to bea really comfortable.
    Bell and Shoei are the only two Modular’s that I have found that fit me well. I am an XXL, which many manufacturers don’t even offer, and those that do have quirky fit issues for me.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    …We ended up getting Sena Outreach helmets from Motorcycle Dave (They have the Sena comms built in), and we both find them to bea really comfortable.
    +1 on the Senas with the built in comms. The Mrs. and I have those (Sena Outrush) and it makes for a great riding experience. With us on separate bikes, it’s really nice to be able to communicate.
    Last edited by iotanet; 03-13-2024 at 09:58 PM.
    2022 RT Limited - Carbon Black