Spyder Garage

Default I got hit.... but NOT on my bike!

So I was out Tuesday morning, taking my normal 2.5-3 mile walk and I see car approaching rather fast, and I'm thinking is this guy gonna move over/does he even see my reflective vest and doggos blinking collar??

So now I'm almost standing fully in the grass on the side of the road, I let the go of the leash so Marzy won't end up going under the car I put my left arm down in a blocking position and wait for impact I take on the right headlight and fender as I attempt to jump on the hood of the KIA soul I see marzy go tumbling head over heels down the street about 25 feet.

I feel nothing but rage I get to my feet and stagger over to the drivers side of the car and as %^%#* is getting out I lay him out. By now people are coming out of their houses and someone went and found my dog, everything after that point is kind of a blur.

Doc's say I have severe whiplash/sprained knee/sprained elbow/sprained shoulder and bruised ribs. By the grace of GOD me and my dog were not more severely injured or killed.

Yes, I have a lawyer.
    Yes, a lawsuit has been started.

Now for the keyboard commandos, I dare you to do better.

1 - lighting here sucks.
    2 - posted speed limit is 15 mph this IDIOT was going close to 30mph... speeding is a major issue in this park I live in.
    3 - there are no sidewalks.
    4 - reread if you missed the part about me wearing reflective vest and doggos blinking collar.
    5 - All this happened in mere seconds.

P.S. Now I'm more pissed about missing my 4 days at Daytona bike week than anything else.

Stay alert people, even when walking in your own neighborhood!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 07:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Glad it wasn't worse, and that both you and Marzy are still around to give this idiot what for, even if somewhat battered for it!!

Here's hoping you both recover well & fairly quickly, and that this driver gets the full serve of what should be coming to him thru the courts, plus some time off so that he can't try to kill too many other people for a while!! Has he been booked?? Was he drunk, stoned, or both?? Or just an outright nutter who should never have been allowed behind the wheel of anything bigger/more powerful than a kiddies pedal tricycle?!??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Bravo for giving an idiot some instant karma. If some hurt my dog, I'd probably be in prison soon afterward.
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Slice, You dodged the bullet again! Just another chapter to "The life of SLICE". Glad your still with us.
    You can check off "SPEED BUMP & CRASH DUMMY" from your bucket list!
    Next time your out walking dress like the Michlien Man and have the dog carry the leash.
    SUE the hell out of that guy that hit ya!

Get Well Soon, Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Has he been booked?? Was he drunk, stoned, or both?? Or just an outright nutter who should never have been allowed behind the wheel of anything bigger/more powerful than a kiddies pedal tricycle?!??
    Cited for hitting a pedestrian and domestic animal, He was one his way to the golf course, these IDIOTS speed outta here between 5am and 6am to be first in line when the golf courses open at 7am.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    So I was out Tuesday morning, taking my normal 2.5-3 mile walk and I see car approaching rather fast, and I'm thinking is this guy gonna move over/does he even see my reflective vest and doggos blinking collar??
    I believe that many accidents like is caused by drivers steering towards objects that that they are looking at.

Many police cars with lights flashing on the side of roads are hit by drivers. Were the drivers looking at the police car and steered into it?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

People should NOT be allowed to drive.
    Yesterday I was stopped behind a three ton truck on a red light.
    On my right I see a LEO coming with lights and siren.
    The light turns green, dumbass in the truck pulls out in right in front of the police car.
    Stopped in time with just enough room for the LEO to get by.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you and Marzy are Ok
    Sucks about Daytona.

Spyder Garage

Went to see Doc again yesterday and he cleared me to get back on the Harley (Friday) he also said if neck or back start to hurt stop remove helmet and do the assigned stretches wait 20-30 minutes and head for home and wait and be evaluated at next week's appointment.
    I'll go out for my 50 mile loop and only be 30 minutes for home if I have to call it quits.
    Marzy is fine, for the tumble she took I'm actually surprised she did not get FUBAR and have internal injury's.
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    Stephan.

Spyder Garage

Hope your ride is with no issues. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Great to hear you and Marzy survived that encounter, Stephan……yep, there are certainly some drivers out there who should never be allowed to drive

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My ride yesterday was uneventful, I felt good visited a new indy Harley shop and I'll be giving my business to him. After I got home and was sitting around editing my video my neck stiffened up a bit, ice and stretching took care of that so I'm nowhere close to 100% and I'll be sure to let the Doc know on Wednesday.
    I'm hoping to be much better next week as it's time for the 80 mile ride for BBQ.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Stephan.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are ok. As always keep the shiny side up and ALWAYS watch for the fools around you. Peace...
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Glad you and your dog are OK.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black