View Poll Results: Are you happy with your aftermarket CAR tires?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am happy with my Car tires.

94 97.92%
  • No, I have not been satisfied with my Car tires.

2 2.08%

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I tried a Hankook Ventus VII on my Ryker 900 Sport and it seemed to cause an exaggeration of the "rear wheel wobble" sensation some of us have experienced in left hand turns. I'm shopping for a rear tire now and asked my dealer about the Kenda Kanine, hoping to stay within the BRP-approved parameters in case this left hand turn issue becomes a warranty or recall case. The service manager emailed BRP, here's a copy and paste of the BRP reply:

"BRP only supplies a specific Kendal tire and the calibrations for the VSS are done with that tire, any deviations of changes of tires can change the handling and characteristics behavior of the unit. We cannot stop customers from changing their tires. Changing the tires also changes the homologation of the unit and is no longer considered compliant with the model number homologations. Any possible accidents or incidents that might occur from a handling issue will come down to the person that changed the tires to non stock tires.
    If the tires was changes to non stock tires we can not assist as we have no information about the tire behavior and handling characteristics.
    Hope this will give you a better insight on the issue."

So there we have it. I do see the point of the BRP stance on tires to some extent, because my left turn wobble is much less apparent with the factory Kenda. My beef with the factory tire is the poor mileage, I don't want to be buying a tire halfway through a trip.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    I tried a Hankook Ventus VII on my Ryker 900 Sport and it seemed to cause an exaggeration of the "rear wheel wobble" sensation some of us have experienced in left hand turns. I'm shopping for a rear tire now and asked my dealer about the Kenda Kanine, hoping to stay within the BRP-approved parameters in case this left hand turn issue becomes a warranty or recall case. The service manager emailed BRP, here's a copy and paste of the BRP reply:

"BRP only supplies a specific Kendal tire and the calibrations for the VSS are done with that tire, any deviations of changes of tires can change the handling and characteristics behavior of the unit. We cannot stop customers from changing their tires. Changing the tires also changes the homologation of the unit and is no longer considered compliant with the model number homologations. Any possible accidents or incidents that might occur from a handling issue will come down to the person that changed the tires to non stock tires.
    If the tires was changes to non stock tires we can not assist as we have no information about the tire behavior and handling characteristics.

So there we have it. I do see the point of the BRP stance on tires to some extent, because my left turn wobble is much less apparent with the factory Kenda. My beef with the factory tire is the poor mileage, I don't want to be buying a tire halfway through a trip.

Sarah
    Hooey - Hooey - Hooey ....... Have you ever heard this line of BS from ANY Auto maker on the planet ..... JMHO ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    BRP reply:

Sarah
    What a crock! What I do agree with is: The changes in handling are FAR IMPROVED over the OEM rubber bands when running car tires.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White